• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Howdy y'all!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Hey all!

Long time lurker, finally decided to up and make an account and be a bit more active.

You can call me coder or Dave and I'm happy to be here.

Have enjoyed pokemon from a very young age, original gameboy with pokemon blue. Have played all the games I could get my hands on since then... then in the in-betweens waiting for new ones to come out from gamefreak I discovered romhacks.

Currently Inclement Emerald is the one I'm reaching for when bored, but I'm absolutely wowed by some of the amazing stuff that's been coming out. Radical Red was hard, but oh so rewarding. Unbound was great though not yet finished (but looking forward to playing 2.0)

Just starting out with learning C and trying my hand at pokemon decompilation. I've had a dream of a pokemon game that revolve around the pokemon breeders. Basically their story, their struggles, a game focused on the fun breeding mechanics, and maybe filling in some of the lore about how these creatures are so abundant (anyone seeing a streamer shiny hunt would wonder how so many can fit in those patches of grass). Will see if I'm smart enough to put all the pieces together to make something that scratches that itch.

Looking forward to spending a lot more time here with all of you lovelies. 😊

Years
Welcome to the forums!

You mentioned playing most of the games so I have to ask: what would you say is your favorite game or favorite generation? Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Gen IV and Gen V games even though I started watching the anime during the Gen I era and my first games were Emerald and Leaf Green.

Also, I have to say that your concept of a game about Pokemon breeders sounds extremely interesting! If Pokemon Rangers got their own game, then I don't see why Breeders wouldn't be able to as well. :p

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
My favourite gen / game is definitely Gen 3 and Fire Red.

Call it nostalgia. But seeing Kanto again with better graphics, with better mechanics, the added abilities not to mention so much more to do and see... it was so good.
I do have a soft space for Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire too. Flying around on latios/latias was amazing.

Gen 4 and 5 had their charms, and Emerald I think is gonna get very popular again with all the stuff people can do with it now. So I think you're in for a treat with all the new fangames/romhacks for it :-).

Years
Welcome Dave! Wishing you the best of luck in your Pokemon decomps/rom hack/fan game making journey :D Love that concept you're going for too, Pokemon Breeders are a pretty peculiar trainer class, and I'm glad you wanna shine light on them.

Hacks really help to freshen up content, and it boggles me why there are folks who are opposed to playing them. It's fan made content, and though there are bad ones, the good ones are really, really good. Have you seen Pokemon Crown? Didn't know you could do all that with just a Fire Red base...

You mentioned in-between games waiting for main line releases, do you play the spin offs? PMD/Ranger series?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Pokemon Crown is absolutely amazing from what I've seen! Love the idea of turning it in to a whole different 'kind' of game too.

Loved the mystery dungeons, sadly enough never had access to Rangers. One day I'll find a copy, though I don't have a DS anymore.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
There's always the route of emulation, but I can understand if that's not how you roll :3

Oh absolutely. I'm all for emulation, game preservation and exploring the code inside of roms.
I just need to own what I play first. Might see if I can find a copy in a bargain bin somewhere when restrictions aren't as tough anymore ^_^.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Isn't it amazing what some of the teams in fangames can accomplish? I don't play many hacks but I'm always left in awe when I see the end result! So welcome to the forums, Dave! I hope you're able to find lots more to play. :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
It is absolutely astounding!
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm sure this will be a daily check in spot for me.

😊

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Welcome Dave!
Do you have any favorite mons? =3

Definitely. Shuckle!

Underrated. Underused.

How the heck is a moldy rock that cute?
Look at that smile. What a good critter.

Shuckle is love. Shuckle is life.

Contrary shuckle with shell smash is also a favourite gimmick. Just make yourself invinsible. Play the game at your own pace.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey all!

Long time lurker, finally decided to up and make an account and be a bit more active.

You can call me coder or Dave and I'm happy to be here.

Have enjoyed pokemon from a very young age, original gameboy with pokemon blue. Have played all the games I could get my hands on since then... then in the in-betweens waiting for new ones to come out from gamefreak I discovered romhacks.

Currently Inclement Emerald is the one I'm reaching for when bored, but I'm absolutely wowed by some of the amazing stuff that's been coming out. Radical Red was hard, but oh so rewarding. Unbound was great though not yet finished (but looking forward to playing 2.0)

Just starting out with learning C and trying my hand at pokemon decompilation. I've had a dream of a pokemon game that revolve around the pokemon breeders. Basically their story, their struggles, a game focused on the fun breeding mechanics, and maybe filling in some of the lore about how these creatures are so abundant (anyone seeing a streamer shiny hunt would wonder how so many can fit in those patches of grass). Will see if I'm smart enough to put all the pieces together to make something that scratches that itch.

Looking forward to spending a lot more time here with all of you lovelies. 😊
Hii, welcome to PC! Looks like you've advanced well from lurker into active member? :D I love pokémon fanworks, and hacks are some of the very most creative ways to expand on what pokémon can be. Cool that you got into it! I wish you good luck in your endeavors and hope to see you around the forums :3

Back