• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It@chi Bl@st

Lone Trainer
Years
Have you tried the missingno trick in the yellow version? Did you notice that after the fight of missingno, there will be a cool glitch... People will be flying all over the screen, even pokeballs will be roaming around...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2006
In my crystal I think crystal I kept using repel when you go to fight ash and I ran out and I was kept attacked by anoying celibs

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2006
ive got one in silver i got stuck in lake of rage and the other town below it(forgot name and am to lazy to look for it) i dont have fly surf or teleport and there is no ladder to get out of the cave
P.S can anyone help me get out if they know how
thanks

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
Years
Glitches

Here is a doosy involving my next-to-favorite red hack, Pokemon Aqua.
1. Does everyone remember that gameshark code that gave you a surfboard(???????)? Well in pokemon aqua, you can buy it in fushia! it's even called the surfboard and it's $000!
From Pokemon Revolution: If you do the MissingNo. trick, you can find a Lv.136 Pokemon 23! Hi looks like M', has the same attacks as M', and glitches graphics like M'! But, if you catch him, as soon as he gets exp., he'll go to Lv.100, and, unlike other glitch pokemon, will stay there. My Pokemon 23 Stats: Attack-419
Defence-5
Speed-110
Special-63

Last edited:

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
i don't know if this was mentioned or if it was even a glitch or if nintendo intentionally put it in, but in GSC in fuschia city nurse joy has green hair, but all the other joys in the other cities have pink hair. anyone else see this? This might just be in my game, but i dunno.

missingno is in yellow? I wish i had known that BEFORE i sharked my lv100 mew, but man do i love sharking...too bad I broke my gameshark...when I go to the games list there's just a bunch of "/"s and when i press A it says "0 cheats found"

the first time i attempted the mew trick I instead battled a wild Cubone at lv5, probably because I battled the hiker before the slowpoke first. The second time I purposely lost to slowpoke dude in hopes of getting multiple mew, but when I entered the route, it said "I saw your feat from the grass" and started a battle with the Jr Trainer. (keep in mind i'm doing the alternate mew trick in which you battle jr trainer on the route w/ cerulean cave instead of gambler)

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Shining Salamence said:
i don't know if this was mentioned or if it was even a glitch or if nintendo intentionally put it in, but in GSC in fuschia city nurse joy has green hair, but all the other joys in the other cities have pink hair. anyone else see this? This might just be in my game, but i dunno.
No its in everygame, I don't know why, buts its not a Glicth.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
mine was in fuschia city not celadon

BTW does anyone know the alternate mew trick with ditto?
fly away from the gambler like before, but then you can battle any trainer, doesn't have to be slowpoke dude, then battle a wild ditto and switch the pokemon out with a pokemon with 21 special. Ditto transforms into this pokemon, then faint it. Then fly to te route with the gambler, and, like before, the start menu will open, and then the battle with mew will start. Great if you accidentally already battled slowpoke dude, and you can replace the 21 special with a different number to battle different pokemon. Just know the corresponding hex code for the pokemon.In my Red version I used a L15 Krabby with 21 special for this trick (used a few calciums on it). I also got a bunch of other pokemon, like Vulpix (good cause i usually can't get it in my red), Nidoqueen, and Dragonite. The only special I remember off the top of my head it 66 to battle wild dragonite. works great!

Last edited:

Presea

True_ai
Years
I know a weird glitch...
You need PKMN staduim and red version.
Goto the Elite four with a Maxed out LV 100 PKMN
Make sure you can't give it any more Protiens, irons, ect.
Beat the Elite four only using that PKMN.
Then watch a the credits.
after it resets heal at your moms house.
then fly to a Pokecenter save.
The goto Oak's lab in PKMN Staduim, check your PKMN
It's stats should of gone up some.
Move it to a box save and quit.
then move back into your party.
go into red again and check the stats.
It HP, Atk, Def should of gone up by 2 or 3.

You can keep doing this over and over until you've max out
the games base stats for it.

I did this with my Mewtwo and it's attack is 314.

Presea

True_ai
Years
If you use a gameshark yes.
I'm talking about raising your pokemon to
LV 100 normally or with rare candys.
then use 10 proteins, irons, ect.
Once it's maxed out then use the cheat
to get it higher. Each type of pokemon has
a different max stat.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
True_ai said:
If you use a gameshark yes.
I'm talking about raising your pokemon to
LV 100 normally or with rare candys.
then use 10 proteins, irons, ect.
Once it's maxed out then use the cheat
to get it higher. Each type of pokemon has
a different max stat.
I didn't understand your reasoning. But thanks for making it clearer

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Last edited:

weirdo1

Like I care...
Years
I got one in Crystal..I duplicated 3 times my feraligators i turned to a girl the duplicated feraligator was called ??????????????????????????Obicycle and when i sent him out it said pokemon RED version

Years
^That didn't happen and you know it.

I have like a glitch within a glitch(GSC). I cant duplicate any gyarados for some reason. I dont think shinies can be duplicated, but even my normal gyarados wont.

weirdo1

Like I care...
Years
Im serious..im not one of those idiots who say mew is on a truck....But they were less ???? and the game froze sometimes when i tried to withdraw it.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
Years
I don't know if this is a glitch or a cheat.. it's a glitch in the cheating system.. XD I discovered this glitched code about 6 years ago (I was 8 at the time). That's a long time ago.. so I'll explain it as well as I can remember. XD

You need a gameshark of course.. back then, Pokemon modifier codes only required you to edit two digits for any Pokemon you wanted to catch (why did that ever change in the first place? >_>) Anyhow, the code for those who are wondering is 01xxD8CF, I believe.

If I remember correctly the code was E4 (01E4D8CF). Eh, I was little and playing with numbers that weren't on the Pokemon list. XD Anyway, when you try to encounter a Pokemon, you run into a fight. It would be a trainer in the appearence of a scientist with six Pokemon, all different shaped glitch boxes (like MissingNo.) and I think they were around level 30 or so.

EDIT: I tested this out in Pokemon Blue ROM so I wouldn't feel stupid in case the glitch didn't work. I didn't wait to get to Mt. Moon, I did it as soon as I could enter some grass. Some slight variations with the Pokemon's level, but it's basically as I described. Here's a short series of screenies:

pkmnglitch.png

Last edited:
Years
I found a wierd glitch with Yellow a while ago, but it only happened once. I started a new game, and when I got to Viridian City, I jumped off the ledge and I could walk through all walls. I went to Cinnibar Island and went inside the house and the walk through walls glitch faded. So, I was stuck there and had to start a new game.

Just though I might share this with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back