• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks DJG!

Great... Now I can't find the palettes...

I am not so sure but I think APE is used for pallete changing the battle background.

It may be difficult to do though, but screenshot a battle phase of your ROM through VBA and use it as a guide for what colour should be...

Bug Catcher 11

how do i change the pokemon on the title screen? (example, Charizard from Fire red changed to Sunflora.)

(And yes, i TRIED to search. but with 335 pages, i dont think anyone new can get all the way through them. also, sorry if this has already been asked.)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
You can just play it on an emulator. No need to spend money...

Im guessing he wants it to be portable. pokemon is a lot more enjoyable when you arent stuck to ur computer. Thats why I play my pokemon roms on my good old portable... PSP :P

Hey, is it possible to any of the 3 for fire red?

-Change the legendary dog encounter rate
-Make it possible for all 3 dogs to run around kanto
-Give the player the pokedex "Sighting" for the dog/s so you'll be able to see where they are roaming before you actually meet them (EG: after oak gives you national dex, hell give you the pages for the 3 dogs, so you can see where they are running around.

Also If i make it someone gives you the aoura ticket, will it work just like that? or will i need to enable a flag so the guy in the dock will take you there?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Im guessing he wants it to be portable. pokemon is a lot more enjoyable when you arent stuck to ur computer. Thats why I play my pokemon roms on my good old portable... PSP :P

Hey, is it possible to any of the 3 for fire red?

-Change the legendary dog encounter rate
-Make it possible for all 3 dogs to run around kanto
-Give the player the pokedex "Sighting" for the dog/s so you'll be able to see where they are roaming before you actually meet them (EG: after oak gives you national dex, hell give you the pages for the 3 dogs, so you can see where they are running around.

These are possible yes. As to how, I wouldnt know.

Personally I perfer it on my computer screen rather then my little psp screen. It works out since I play with a game cube controller.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
how do i change the pokemon on the title screen? (example, Charizard from Fire red changed to Sunflora.)

(And yes, i TRIED to search. but with 335 pages, i dont think anyone new can get all the way through them. also, sorry if this has already been asked.)

How about instead of using just the search, look around on the 10 pages of tutorials in the 'Documents And Tutorials' Section.
Simply go to the main page, and scroll down until you see 'Emulation' Click it.

Then, look for 'Documents and Tutorials', click that.

Then just look for the tutorials there.
There are like, 5 tutorials there for you to choose from on that topic!
Take care!

~0A :t282:

Square...

Similar to Rectangles
Years
  • Age 31
  • Yes.
  • Seen Feb 21, 2009
Ok. so I checked a bunch of tutorials.

And I used the search button.

....five times.....

I need to know if you can actually delete maps on a ROM

Like ...

Can I just get rid of Pallet town, Route 1, Route 2... so on (?)

Please and thankyou o_O..

EDIT:If it isn't too much trouble, i'd also like to know if anyone has a list of what each tileset is in Fire Red.

i can't seem to find one :\

Last edited:

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
I need to know if you can actually delete maps on a ROM

If it isn't too much trouble, i'd also like to know if anyone has a list of what each tileset is in Fire Red.

i can't seem to find one :\

You can delete maps manually, by filling their position with FF, but I think it won't affect AdvanceMap.

Instead of deleting them, why not overwrite them? I have posted a document on the Document and Tutorials section called "Pokemon Fire Red map sizes and tile information" . On the first part, it tells all the map sizes, so you can choose which to replace easily. At the end, as an anwser to your second question, there is a listing of the contents of each tileset.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I downloaded IntroEd and IconEd. I've extracted the files but when I go to run them a messege comes up saying: "A file is missing. Please download Comdlg.32 or something like that."

What's going on?
use google to find and download that thing. Its just something your computer will need to run the program. If not it wont work.

Years
My hack is broken and I can't fix it

I'm making a Pokemon Silver hack, and it was going great until I tried to continues the game, and right before it brings up the worldmap and you can walk around, I get an
error; unknown opcode at FD CEA8. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'm making a Pokemon Silver hack, and it was going great until I tried to continues the game, and right before it brings up the worldmap and you can walk around, I get an
error; unknown opcode at FD CEA8. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
It would be easier to understand the problem if you could tell us exactly what changes you have made to your ROM.

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
Just wondering, in FR, if you edit Deoxy's base stats, will that change it? In Pokemon editing programs, it shows Deoxys with the base stats of normal Deoxys, not attack Deoxys. If I change it will CPU trainers be using the base stats I gave Deoxys or the attack Deoxys base stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back