• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon (Old) White

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2010
Hey foullump, what emulator are you you using? it doesn't work on my VBA. it doesn't support IPS file. only GBA/GBC Files.
Please Help

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Hey foullump, what emulator are you you using? it doesn't work on my VBA. it doesn't support IPS file. only GBA/GBC Files.
Please Help

how about you take the advice given to the other 7829382 people that asked the same question and google it.
that way there's more room for what the thread is for, C+C for the hack.
like someone further up said, i dont see why the thread is plagues with these questions.
I think theres even a tutorial at the top of the ROM hacking Section of how to play patches and patch roms.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 31, 2015
hey guys, is there a moonstone in this game, 'cause i dont want to be training my nidorina for nothing :(

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
This hack was pretty interesting, but, it's a pity that it was never finished. And it was pretty glitchy because the creator abandoned it, many things are unplayable because of that. So I think it should be fixed.

Not like other fixed versions I made, this one is pretty special. According to the story, the hack was supposed to contain four regions: Denta, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. The whole Denta and two towns of Johto were finished by the original creator, but they were very, very glitchy, so they were unplayable. I have fixed the broken things and added the whole Johto and Kanto, as for Hoenn, for many reasons, I can't add the whole region, so there are only two towns of Hoenn available in this hack. But, I guess 19 badges are pretty enough for players.

I have fixed these things:
1. The whole Steel City
2. Added Flying points for three towns of Denta.
3. Olivine City and Ecruteak City
4. Lilycove City

I have added these things:
1. The whole Johto and Kanto, 1 town of Hoenn.
2. Some legendary Pokemon events.
3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This hack was pretty interesting, but, it's a pity that it was never finished. And it was pretty glitchy because the creator abandoned it, many things are unplayable because of that. So I think it should be fixed.

Not like other fixed versions I made, this one is pretty special. According to the story, the hack was supposed to contain four regions: Denta, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. The whole Denta and two towns of Johto were finished by the original creator, but they were very, very glitchy, so they were unplayable. I have fixed the broken things and added the whole Johto and Kanto, as for Hoenn, for many reasons, I can't add the whole region, so there are only two towns of Hoenn available in this hack. But, I guess 19 badges are pretty enough for players.

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

Oh my God! Hacksrepairman! You are truly godsend! Thank you for this! I have a question, does this mean you've incorporated the storyline of the hack as well, or does the storyline end till wherever the original creator left it at and you just continue through the regions? Thank you!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:
i didnt even know this was a hack and omg does it look good.I will be playing this very soon.You sir are awesome.And question do you think you may be able to make a thing for this so people can see easier or will the original person have to give the say so on it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:

Does the game have special physical split? If not can I just patch it in myself without major issues? Just making sure. I'll play it regardless.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
This was one of the first hacks I ever played, and there was so much potential. Seeing this hack brought closer to that potential and getting a new breath of life is amazing.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Didn't expect to see this hack again. Thanks for the, uh, repairs you did with this hack. I'll be checking it out later. :3

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Oh my God! Hacksrepairman! You are truly godsend! Thank you for this! I have a question, does this mean you've incorporated the storyline of the hack as well, or does the storyline end till wherever the original creator left it at and you just continue through the regions? Thank you!
I never change or add storyline for the fixed hacks unless I know what the creators' idea about the main storyline. so, the main storyline ends in Ecruteak City.

i didnt even know this was a hack and omg does it look good.I will be playing this very soon.You sir are awesome.And question do you think you may be able to make a thing for this so people can see easier or will the original person have to give the say so on it?

About that... I can't do much unless the creator's still active and allow me to do something.

Does the game have special physical split? If not can I just patch it in myself without major issues? Just making sure. I'll play it regardless.

I don't think it has the physical/special split. And I don't think it's safe to use a patch.

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:

I just discovered one or two very, very minor glitches. If you don't feel like to update it, then you don't have to. Because it's not that important. Anyway, the old download link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Wow, thanks for fixing this! Once it's complete, I wanna play, I have had two attempts at playing this, but it was never finished then.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
You are a hero Hackrepairman. I totally forgot about this game but always wished it had been finished. Downloading it now.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:

I tested this hack once again and found some things which must be changed.
1. The Wireless Club doesn't work at all. According to the creator, the Wireless Club is in Steel City, so I added it. However, I forgot to test that place so it couldn't be used in the previous version (This is the only thing I forgot to test). So I have fixed it. Now you can talk to the attendant to fix the Wireless Club.

2. I just found that the creator only added alternative evolution methods for a few Pokemon which need to evolve by trading. So I think it's better to give these Pokemon alternative evolution methods. So, Pokemon like Haunter, Gravler, Machoke, Onix, Scyther, Porygon and Seadra can evolve without trade now. They all evolve at Lv42.

3. There is a minor glitch in Western Academy, which is not important at all.

These are the reasons why I updated the patch, if you want to use the Wireless Club or evolve those Pokemon, then you should update the game, the old link still works:
----------
The patch which was released several minutes ago was the wrong one, I changed it just now, this patch should be okay now:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
@hacksrepairman thanks so much for all the work you've done repairing this old game. It amazes me to see that the ROM hacking community is still alive and well. I have taken a very long break from all this but I have always looked back on it fondly, always wanting to return to it. You've made me feel inspired to take it back up again for a small side project, but I'd need to relearn all the tools. We'll see what happens... I've threatened to come back for nearly a decade lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
@hacksrepairman thanks so much for all the work you've done repairing this old game. It amazes me to see that the ROM hacking community is still alive and well. I have taken a very long break from all this but I have always looked back on it fondly, always wanting to return to it. You've made me feel inspired to take it back up again for a small side project, but I'd need to relearn all the tools. We'll see what happens... I've threatened to come back for nearly a decade lol

I'm so happy to see you are still active! I'm sorry that I did this without your permission, I thought you were no longer around. I hope what I had done will let more people know this hack. Thank you very much for making this great hack. Anyways, it's good to see that you are back.

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:
The truth is, I just discovered one more glitch. The fishing guru's brother on Route 12 doesn't give you Super Rod. I think this should be fixed, so I updated the patch once again, the old link still works:

27/04/ 2019 New update:
I have discovered a glitch in Celadon City which makes it possible to enter the Lilycove Pokemon Center, this is not supposed to happen, so I updated the patch once again, I know I updated too many times these days, but I want to make sure all glitches can be fixed in time.
The old link still works:

Last edited:
Back