• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm making a ROM hack! But I need community ideas!

Years
Hello wonderful people of Pokecommunity! Let me introduce myself before we go all in. I'm shoT, a retired CS:GO, Half Life and Call of Duty mapper (under various other pseudonyms). I wanted to quit those games and start with something I've never done. I really hope you guessed it, Pokemon ROM hacking! I'm new to scripting but I've been practising mapping in this game and I realised that it's a whole lot different from FPS games. But I'll take the challenge! Also I've never scripted before so I don't expect being done with this project this or next year atleast.

Now onto the game. First off I don't have a name for it yet. I want you guys to leave things that Gamefreak did wrong in FireRed (since that is the game I'll be hacking) and I'll more than happily try to implement them through scripting (even though I don't know how yet) or mapping. I'm trying to make an atleast half community based game (the other half is what I want to do).
The ROM hack will have it's own story, maps and recolored aesthetics. I won't include fakemon, since I find them quite confusing more often than not.

Here is a screenshot of the starting map:
b81f1889ddd65900c74e18165cf2fae8.png

As you can see, the map is based on Pallet Town, but I've darkened the aesthetics to make the game a bit more gritty and give you a deep feel to it. I feel like the left side, beside the lab is pretty empty. Any ideas of what I can put there?

There will be gameplay related ideas in the spoiler (these can be changed based on community feedback)

Spoiler:

The spoiler contains information about how I plan on developing the game

Spoiler:

Thank you for reading this post, heck it was long. Please write YOUR opinions and what YOU want so I can adjust the game for community preferences.

Back