• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
I have another quick update. My next demo will be coming out in a few weeks. The gameplay will continue up until the point of the 6th gym leader, who's battle will take place on the roof on the gym.

This time, our hero finds himself saved by none other than Gold, after Silver jumped off the boat that the Mask of Ice took over. Gold finds Silver in the middle of the ocean and takes him to the northwestern section of the Kyushu region on the small beach town of Grenden Port.

Gold decides that he will join Silver on his fight to take out the Mask of Ice, although Silver isn't too thrilled about the idea (Gold gets on his nerves). Armed with a new ally, Silver once again takes his stand against the Mask of Ice, now that the fight has taken him to the frigid northwestern Kyushu region.

Included within the demo is a new RSE Style Slot Machine, courtesy of KitsuneKouta.

thepsynergist

Years
For the most part, yes. But you will have bugs with the Quest System in the Pokegear if you reuse your saves. No biggie, but just a fair warning.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I was able to purchase Eevee in the new version and evolve it into an Espeon, but I decided to try to get enough money for a Karope too. I finally got the coins to purchase it :D I have pictures of it to show you :P

PyriteKaropeD.png

PyriteKarope2.png

I might use it in my main team, but it does clash with my Espeon, so I'll have to think about it.

EDIT: Now all I gotta do is get that Master Ball... =S

thepsynergist

Years
Kerope is the Mew equivalent in my game. It has Base 100 stat total across the board. Originally, I was going to have it be a Mystery Gift, but back then, I wasn't sure how I would implement the use of Mystery Gift. Thankfully, it works fine in the latest demo. To access it, just go to the second floor of any Pokemon Center, and talk to the nurse closest to the stairs.

Qig

Years
I'm pretty shocked that in the 8 pages of this thread no one has mentioned the blatant thefts of maps from official Pokémon games.
Now, as far as I know this game takes place in a "new" region (Kyushu is the name I believe) so a "well it makes sense because it takes place in an old region so I can use old maps" excuse doesn't really work here. (Not to mention some of the maps are taken from multiple regions)
Now, I'd post a picture with my proof but I can't since I don't have an arbitrary amount of posts. But here's a list of maps that I found that are stolen. You can verify it yourself by looking up the maps in the editor and comparing to maps on serebii or bulbapedia.

route 10 = route 3 kanto
route 9 = route 4 kanto
halfway cavern = meteor falls
route 8 = route 114 hoenn
pyro chasm = mt ember insides
Icefall Cave = Icefall Cave

That's all I gotta say.

thepsynergist

Years
I'm pretty shocked that in the 8 pages of this thread no one has mentioned the blatant thefts of maps from official Pokémon games.
Now, as far as I know this game takes place in a "new" region (Kyushu is the name I believe) so a "well it makes sense because it takes place in an old region so I can use old maps" excuse doesn't really work here. (Not to mention some of the maps are taken from multiple regions)
Now, I'd post a picture with my proof but I can't since I don't have an arbitrary amount of posts. But here's a list of maps that I found that are stolen. You can verify it yourself by looking up the maps in the editor and comparing to maps on serebii or bulbapedia.

route 10 = route 3 kanto
route 9 = route 4 kanto
halfway cavern = meteor falls
route 8 = route 114 hoenn
pyro chasm = mt ember insides
Icefall Cave = Icefall Cave

That's all I gotta say.

How is it blatant theft? Its not like anyone says that if you use the gen1-5 pokemon sprites.

thepsynergist

Years
Yeah, well, I'm the only active person on this team. I compose the music, I edit the sprites. I have some scripts from a few friends, and a friend worked on some of the fakemon sprites. But other than that its hard coming up with all these maps.

Also, it seems like you only came on this thread to troll. Everything else in this game is custom, so who cares. It's just a fangame, don't get all riled about it.

Wait, can you not get pokeballs at the beginning?

You get money in the beginning, its not like you can't buy them at the shop. You get access to them in the mart once you get the pokedex.

Last edited:

Qig

Years
Yeah, well, I'm the only active person on this team. I compose the music, I edit the sprites. I have some scripts from a few friends, and a friend worked on some of the fakemon sprites. But other than that its hard coming up with all these maps.

Also, it seems like you only came on this thread to troll. Everything else in this game is custom, so who cares. It's just a fangame, don't get all riled about it.

1) You're the only person on the team, but you have friends making fakemon sprites and friends working on scripts. Uh-huh.

2) I'm also working on my own fangame, I'm making my own maps, a couple custom sprites and some script edits among other various changes. I've stolen a grand total of zero maps.

3) Just because someone doesn't have a favorable opinion of something doesn't make them a troll.

4) I'm not getting riled up. I'm discussing this in a calm manner, you're the one who is throwing accusations of "troll" around because I'm not acting like your game is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

thepsynergist

Years
1) You're the only person on the team, but you have friends making fakemon sprites and friends working on scripts. Uh-huh.

2) I'm also working on my own fangame, I'm making my own maps, a couple custom sprites and some script edits among other various changes. I've stolen a grand total of zero maps.

3) Just because someone doesn't have a favorable opinion of something doesn't make them a troll.

4) I'm not getting riled up. I'm discussing this in a calm manner, you're the one who is throwing accusations of "troll" around because I'm not acting like your game is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you weren't getting riled up, why did you respond as such? I don't care if you don't like my game. There are plenty others to play. I'm just saying that I've worked hard on mine. I looked all over Pokecommunity and couldn't find anything related to your game. But I'd like to see it. Do you host it on another site?

Qig

Years
If you weren't getting riled up, why did you respond as such? I don't care if you don't like my game. There are plenty others to play. I'm just saying that I've worked hard on mine. I looked all over Pokecommunity and couldn't find anything related to your game. But I'd like to see it. Do you host it on another site?

1) "respond as such" Respond like what? Like I said earlier, I've been responding in a calm manner this entire time, the only person who seems to be getting riled up here is you.

2) I never said I didn't like your game. I simply pointed out I noticed stolen maps.

3) Maybe you did work hard on your game, but that doesn't change fact that you stole maps. I'm pretty sure you'd be angry if someone stole your maps.

4) I'll end my post with this: By stealing maps, it shows a clear lack of effort on your part. It has the potential to make people look at you and your game in a negative light, which I'm sure is not something you'd want to happen.

At this point, I've said what I wanted to in this thread and continuing on would be needless posts in this thread.
Good luck on your game and whatever else you decide to do.

thepsynergist

Years
1) "respond as such" Respond like what? Like I said earlier, I've been responding in a calm manner this entire time, the only person who seems to be getting riled up here is you.

2) I never said I didn't like your game. I simply pointed out I noticed stolen maps.

3) Maybe you did work hard on your game, but that doesn't change fact that you stole maps. I'm pretty sure you'd be angry if someone stole your maps.

4) I'll end my post with this: By stealing maps, it shows a clear lack of effort on your part. It has the potential to make people look at you and your game in a negative light, which I'm sure is not something you'd want to happen.

So...where's your game, like I asked?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
It's a fangame. Does it really matter is a few map designs are copied?

This just coming up now shows that it's not that noticable.

thepsynergist

Years
I posted this update on youtube, but I thought I should show it here since some people think that I'm not working hard enough.

My good friend, Crazyninjaguy, is helping me get this in my Pokemon game. I will have it be an arcade style game where the more points you get, you'll get more coins. It will be placed in the game corner once it is finished.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I've come on this thread before, and just not posted on it because of the third gen graphics. I really shouldn't have done that, because I've just read the last few pages and this looks great. On my first look of the thread, I didn't even notice that there was a demo, so when I get back to my PC, I'll be sure to play that.

Quite a while ago you mentioned that you needed sprites for the legendary (forgive me, but I can't remember it's name, and on the iPhone it's hard to go back). In making my own game, I've made a few contacts in the spriting world, and I could have it spirited for you in exchange for some music. I can assure you they'd be extremely high quality.

Back