• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I was nearly named Ben but in the end I was given the name of one of the Skywalkers in the Star Wars movies, I'll leave you to decide which one I got in the end.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Wow, that's interesting. You have a unique variation like I do!

I was originally going to be named Chloe at one point, which my name contains an anagram of. I do know that Nicole is the most common variation of my name, but having an extra letter is kinda nice. At least I fit the 7-character limit for player names in Pokemon games lol.

I would have been so annoyed if my name was more than 7 letters and I had to choose something else for my name in a Pokémon game. But I'm Aaron... so.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Kitty is really cute name but it doesn't suit a human imo.
I always use Nathan or Gothax or Aciano for my games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But you have Stephanie for that purpose!

It was just like how I was almost named Chloe... but I love my name as it is, and Chloe doesn't really roll off the tongue a lot.

I highly doubt the situations were just like each other.

I always go with Nic for games cause I'm lazy. I don't go by that online though because I did for a while and then I made friends who thought I was a man for a million years.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
For games, I usually used to go with the name Lance. Now I vary it up a little.

I like the name Kitty, too though! I think it's a pretty name!
I often think my name is too long because it's 4 syllables long ;o;

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
See, my full name is Nickolas, spelled with a K instead of an H. It's like, the Greek spelling or so I've been told.

And I am Nicholas. I never go by it though.

For games, I usually used to go with the name Lance. Now I vary it up a little.

I often think my name is too long because it's 4 syllables long ;o;

But your name is wonderful!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm not going to give my first name since I rarely use it. I've been going by my middle name, Roy, for 5 years now.

My first name was always mispronounced or mispelled by pretty much every teacher I ever had. Eventually I got tired of it and told them to use my middle name instead.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm here [:
You know what my father wanted to name me? "Spider" or "Chrome" ._. My mother, however, wanted me to be named "Jack" if I would've been a guy.
Apparently my father hated me before I was even born haha. ;D

Glad I'm able to be back here. My temperature spiked again earlier and I was too tired to get on my laptop.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Kitty's a cute name though! You can't honestly say that you don't like it?

Kitty is really cute name but it doesn't suit a human imo.

Nopenopenope. You're all wrong.

My mother calls me Kathryn, even though it's Kitty on my birth certificate. I guess she intended Kitty to be short for Kathryn, idk.

Everyone either calls me Kit, Kat or Kitkat. for obvious reasons.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

My mother calls me Kathryn, even though it's Kitty on my birth certificate. I guess she intended Kitty to be short for Kathryn, idk.

You poor soul. Having a name like that... I mean it has to get old.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Lol my name is Efrain

but no one here can pronounce it right so I go by EJ.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

[cheapshot]Whats your favorite candy bar?[/cheapshot]
I had a few other ideas but... yeah. You've proably seen the commercial so you'd understand why I decided on this instead.

Anyway, I never could understand the pronounciations on some names. A friend of mine, his name was Sean. But it was pronounced Shawn.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Anyway, I never could understand the pronounciations on some names. A friend of mine, his name was Sean. But it was pronounced Shawn.

Tell me about it. My older niece named her newborn daughter Wynter, which has the "W" completely silent, so that it's pronounced "yin-ter" or something like that, rather than winter, like it's supposed to sound.

Because of that flop of a name, I feel as if she's going to be picked on just because of her name...

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Then what is the meaning of that "w"? Strange...
I would have thought Kathryn was your name and Kitty your nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back