• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Atom (The New Pokemon MMO)

Years
Pokemon_Atom_logo.png
by Kidpaddle45
EDIT: SCROLL DOWN TO RECENT POSTS FOR LATEST UPDATES.
Intro:
Hi everyone, I'm Kidpaddle45, a game developer. I've been working on a Pokemon game for the past few months and today I would like to present it to you guys; This... is Pokemon Atom!

Pokemon Atom is a 100% free to play Pokemon MMORPG. It was developed with the BYOND engine. The game feels and plays like GBA/DS games and there was a lot of effort put into recreating the battle interfaces to feel like the real games. The game features 2 generations of Pokemon and with the online gaming support, you'll be able to battle and trade with your friends.

What's Pokemon Atom?:​
- Play with friends ONLINE!

*With the built-in multi-player support on BYOND, Pokemon Atom can be played with friends from all over the planet.

- A whole new experience:

*Pokemon Atom is full of Pokemon from Gen1 and Gen2 games...And we're adding more!
*A completely new region with new towns/gyms.
*Weekly/Monthly events with prices...You'll never get bored!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Online Game-play Video:

Spoiler:
Watch in fullscreen & 720P

Current Progress:​
The game is fully programmed with 238 Pokemon in-game (without the legendary.) The game lacks a lot in terms of world-design.​

Releases:​
No release date as of now...
A possible Alpha testing server may be up around january. I host private servers for those interested, just PM me.

For more information click on this button:

Help the game grow in popularity by becoming a fan on INDIE DB:

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Wow, I like the battle screen, it makes a change that the battle looks different...
You're right about the world looking, bare... I could possibly help with that, PM me if you want.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2016
Wow, this is really cool! How far along is the battle system?

Do you plan on allowing plug-ins / making it open source and letting people have their own servers, sort of like Pokemon Showdown does?

Also, really minor thing at this point, but you should definitely use the DP/BW Fonts for the game. It makes the game much more authentic imo.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
This is really looking nice kid..can't wait to see it up in running...really loving the battle screen ^^ and the sprite animations

Years
Update: Game now has over 500 Pokemon and 600 Moves. I was able to create a tool that allows me to read from external text files all the stats/information for the Pokemon and their moves. Now the game is almost complete programming-wise as online game-play was tested and everything runs perfectly! The game now needs polishing and ...a map. I've been working with place holders and the time has now come to find someone up for the task.

LOOKING FOR A WORLD DESIGNER. ANYONE INTERESTED, HIT ME UP ON SKYPE OR PM ME!
(I can host the game on a private server if needed!)

Years
Finally found a world-designer, the game's map looks AMAZING. I'm excited to annonuce that I plan to launch the game around the first week of september. All I need to do now is find a powerful server for a good price so I can host the game!

Screenshots!! :
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 11, 2017
is pokemon atom still in development? it would be nice to see some updates

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Hello to everyone reading this comment.

I'm Orutaki, a member since 2013 which I haven't made a post in forever (situations with life and not remembering my account password). This comment isn't about me but the situation involving the developer Kidpaddle45.

Kidpaddle45 will no longer work on Pokemon Atom due to recent events in July which lead to a horrible ending to his promising life. Kidpaddle45 and another person (driver) was struck by a bus early July around the time he informed me and everyone from discord that he will be going on vacation. His brother friend gave us the news last night on discord about his disappearance since everyone started to be concern about him. I don't know who's going to continue Pokemon Atom, but as of this moment it's considered a dead project since Kidpaddle was the only developer with maintaining it.

Pokemon Atom was a promising MMORPG game using the BYOND Engine which fully supported his work throughout his time being a BYOND user. May his soul rest in peace and his work use as an inspiration to any one.

I'm sorry if this was an unexpected tragic news to anyone following him on his work. :\

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Years
Hello to everyone reading this comment.

I'm Orutaki, a member since 2013 which I haven't made a post in forever (situations with life and not remembering my account password). This comment isn't about me but the situation involving the developer Kidpaddle45.

Kidpaddle45 will no longer work on Pokemon Atom due to recent events in July which lead to a horrible ending to his promising life. Kidpaddle45 and another person (driver) was struck by a bus early July around the time he informed me and everyone from discord that he will be going on vacation. His brother friend gave us the news last night on discord about his disappearance since everyone started to be concern about him. I don't know who's going to continue Pokemon Atom, but as of this moment it's considered a dead project since Kidpaddle was the only developer with maintaining it.

Pokemon Atom was a promising MMORPG game using the BYOND Engine which fully supported his work throughout his time being a BYOND user. May his soul rest in peace and his work use as an inspiration to any one.

I'm sorry if this was an unexpected tragic news to anyone following him on his work. :\

that's devastating. my condolences to friends and family; may he rest in peace.

Back