• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Item won't show up.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen May 1, 2021
I have a person event set up as a pokeball to give an item and then dissappear. However, the item never even shows up.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Any ideas what's wrong?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Two ideas:
− You picked a Person ID that already has a flag set to 0x1; you'll need to activate a script earlier in the game with the command "clearflag 0x204".
− Save in a map adjacent to the one that has the item, and reload the ROM.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen May 1, 2021
Two ideas:
− You picked a Person ID that already has a flag set to 0x1; you'll need to activate a script earlier in the game with the command "clearflag 0x204".
− Save in a map adjacent to the one that has the item, and reload the ROM.

I've used said flag in a previous hack with the same purpose and had no issues, I'm pretty sure.

And reloading did nothing.

Asith

Uwao
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I've used said flag in a previous hack with the same purpose and had no issues, I'm pretty sure.

And reloading did nothing.

What the other user said would definitely be the most obvious reason. Are you quite certain that flag hasn't been set beforehand? Try using a different flag on the pokeball to test it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I have a person event set up as a pokeball to give an item and then dissappear. However, the item never even shows up.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm just gonna say your script is off as well.

This is all you need for a pokeball item event.

giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_FIND
end

that'll do everything you need.

I don't know if its the flag, so try changing the script first then try a flag.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
If its not that then maybe, you're just not closing your emulator between changes, you'd need to completely close and reopen the emulator for new changes to appear.
and maybe leave the map and come back.

Back