• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Ancient Platinum

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

25e83d12c716e80fe70769835aeb694d.png

Pokémon Ancient Platinum
Hack of Crystal Version (U)
By Mateo and Pia Carrot

Intro:
Silent_Eyes_by_lydario1_zpsfe81e4c8.png
Welcome to the Ancient Platinum thread!

Pokémon Ancient Platinum is a Gold hack by Mateo and Pia Carrot, which attempts to bring the amazing region of Sinnoh to the nostalgic metal engine. The project originally started in early 2012 by Pia Carrot but due to his lack of hacking knowledge gave up promptly. However, now there is Mateo on board the team, the hacking veteran behind Secrets and Rumors and Pokémon Sterling Silver.
The hack aims to create a grand Sinnoh experience, while still immersing yourself in the Generation 2 environment. The name of this hack comes from Melash' old project Ancient Emerald, a silver hack that was cancelled back in 2009.

Storyline:​

Welcome to the land of Sinnoh, a region far north in the Pokémon world where you can meet all sorts of creatures. These Pocket Monsters, or Pokémon, are our friends, partners, and even our lives. Today is the day that destiny unfolds and you get your first Pokémon from the esteemed Professor Rowan.

Go on an adventure through the land of Sinnoh as you strive to complete the Pokémon Encyclopedia, foil villainous plots, and become the champion of Sinnoh!

Features:
Crystal%20Unown.png
TwinleafBro.png
SandgemYo.png
VsVolkner.png
VsVolkner.png
TownScreens.png

Route201.png
Route2012.png

WIPWorldMap.png
Canalave3.png
Canalave1.png
Canalave2.png

AncientPlatinum1_zpsec77fff5.png
f78bcc14969991e2b34399136a9ecc4d_500.png
AncientPlatinum_zps128d0ca5.png
AncientPlatinum1_zps9bedbe05.png
Cranidos_zpsaca5f12f.png
Kricketune_zpsaa3d7ec7.png
Ralts4_zpsed910bf6.png

Downloads:
Floppy-Master-Ball1_zps7a8e0d72.gif
None

Bugs (We hate these!):
000_zpsc16270b4.png
None so far!

Credits and Thanks:
GameBoy-Green1_zps3940b0ff.gif
~G0LD!
Chamber
Lydario
Tauwasser
Soloo993
Chaos Rush
javcdark
BynineB
Blue Emerald
DarioEMeloD
NICKtendoDs
Devicho
Rakia​

~CSS by ClaCla and Pia Carrot~

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Spoiler:
Thread doesn't have six eligible screenshots to warrant being in the Progressing Hacks subforum.

Moved.

Logan

Years
Screenshots are now sufficient for Progressing Hacks subforum and is in the process of being moved as I speak.

Moved.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks, guys. Here's some of the new tiles in action, however they haven't been updated to be snowy/slushy or anything like that yet.

Spoiler:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Okay, loving the idea already, this is why I love this kind of hacks. I love how you guys did with the sprite and region map. Yes, tiles are well. Hope to see more screenshot, because that would be great, good luck.

Logan

Years
Thanks, guys. Here's some of the new tiles in action, however they haven't been updated to be snowy/slushy or anything like that yet.

Spoiler:
I like the look of that, definitely. Platinum is my all-time favourite canon Pokémon game and I'm super excited to see it being remade on a Gen 2 (which is my second favourite generation). While talking about that route... how are you going to handle the Spiritomb event?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Here, have some Canalave.

Canalave1.png
Canalave2.png
Canalave3.png

Regarding Spiritomb, since Game Freak used a gimmick to get kids to connect with other kids to catch it, we may just simplify and make it so that you just use the Odd Keystone and can fight Spiritomb when you are ready.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Whoa!You are very quick.How will the darkrai event work?

Post Elite Four, it will function just as it did in DPPt. You'll need the Lunar Wing from Cresselia, and then you'll have to find a member card (which will be part of a new sidequest). Then you'll get to go to Harbor Inn and participate in the event.

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Such a brilliant idea! I've always loved Platinum, but it looks awesome in 2nd Gen graphics and tilesets! I hope this doesn't die and good luck with it!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey!! Another Platinum DEMAKE!! but on Gen 2!! I like the tiles BTW, but your mapping is nice and really fast O.o.. what's your magic? XD.. anyways I'll play it when a release comes out.. :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Wow, I love this idea. I've always wanted to see a Platinum demake for the 2nd gen!
The new tiles look really nice, and it's nice to see some real progress.

Very exciting!

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Well... I'm looking forward for first release of your hack... You need ask FroggestSpirit for help on it. As I know he was good in Music Editing. I wonder how great been battle with Dialga in gen II style. So sad that Cries from Gen IV can not been transported to Gen II roms.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Yey!! Another Platinum DEMAKE!! but on Gen 2!! I like the tiles BTW, but your mapping is nice and really fast O.o.. what's your magic? XD.. anyways I'll play it when a release comes out.. :D

I've been Gen 2 mapping for about 3 years now, I've grown rather accustomed XD

I hope miksy and koolboyman helps cause that'll become the Gen 2 hackers dream team!(for me at least xD)

Miksy91 has offered to help down the road, actually. We'll probably need him for some asm help along the line.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
This looks really impressive. I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Back