• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen 5 Characters in Gen 4 OW style

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
Years
Hey there, how are you all?

I'm sharing with you this pack containing every OW characters from the Gen 5 games remade in the Gen 4 style.

(Tilesets by UltimoSpriter and me)

And yes, the sprites are made to work in all directions, and even special animations are included.

Download the pack here.
I've made tutorials showing how to make the special OW animations included in this pack, and since I don't really like the post editing tools from Pokecommunity, you can check the tutorials on Relic Castle

You can check my Deviantart for other OW resources, such as accurate Gen 4 surf bases.

If you find any error with the sprites, please contact me here or on Discord, diegowt.

Please, don't forget to give the proper credits (to DiegoWT), even if you are just using parts of my Overworlds to make yours.
Do not redistribute this resource anywhere.

(and no, I'm not making a Gen 5 demake game, so if you feel like doing it, go ahead)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Amazing! I love to see Gen IV resources. Very excited to implement these. (with appropriate credits of course)

Watching your profile on Deviantart now!

Years
Wow! This is really great. I will definitely look into possible using some of these in my own Gen 4-styled game. I'll make sure to credit you, if I do.

DiegoWT

Years
Finally, an update for this pack is released. All OWs have been redone to look more like the Gen 4 style. The Unova League, missing trainers, rivals (Cheren, Bianca and Hugh) and others characters were added.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
The resource at the moment includes all characters from the Gen 5, except:
- The protagonists (Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa);

Is there a good resource anywhere for Hilbert/Hilda in a gen 4 style? I've found a basic sheet for Hilbert walking, but not the main overworld actions like riding a bike/etc. I would love that!

DiegoWT

Years
Is there a good resource anywhere for Hilbert/Hilda in a gen 4 style? I've found a basic sheet for Hilbert walking, but not the main overworld actions like riding a bike/etc. I would love that!

Well, I don't know about that, but if you can wait, I'll be releasing the final update in March or April.

DiegoWT

Years
Last update (hopefully) for this pack is now released!

- Added the remaining characters, such as the protagonists, the protagonists' moms, Yancy, Curtis, and the entire Team Plasma;
- Renamed some of the sprites, so consider taking a look at them if you have a project using my older sprites with their original names;
- Fixed and/or improved ALL of the older sprites, making them more accurate to their official artwork and/or battle sprite instead of their Gen 5 overworld;
- Every sprite that didn't follow strictly the Gen 4's color limit or its rules overall was fixed;
- Added extra sprites that aren't in the original BW/B2W2 games, such as Yancy and Curtis with their working outfit.

Note: Some characters from Gen 5 have features in their design that demand different sprites when facing left/right, so I did them. If you want to replicate the limitation from the Gen 4 sprites more accurately, you can always edit the sprites to make both the left/right sides equal.

Back