• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
EV training

People having given me links for EV training. Does the Starly (speed) have to be equal to my pokemon level to get the benefit or can it be any level?

*Shiny*Monster0198

~ Just chillin'
Years
People having given me links for EV training. Does the Starly (speed) have to be equal to my pokemon level to get the benefit or can it be any level?

I shall explain, even if you get most of it. :P

Each pokemon has what is called an "EV" or effort value. The EV is usually the highest stat of a pokemon and more evolved pokemon give more EVs, for example, Starly gives 1 EV and a Staraptor (not that you can find one in the wild) gives 3 EVs. To gain EVs, it does not matter what level or pokemon the pokemon you are trying to gain EVs. It depends on the pokemon you defeat.
With EVs, they increase the base stat a pokemon. There is a limit to EVs though, which I think is over 500 and there is also a limit to how many EVs and stat can have.

To conclude, the level of the pokemon does not matter, it all depends on the pokemon you defeat. Also keep in mind there is a limit, meaning that as soon as a stat has maxed out EVs, it will gain any more. :)

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
"Creating" Pokemon

I hope this is in the correct area.
Anyways, my question is this: How do people "create" Pokemon? I know my friend does it but he's never really told me "how" and I know a lot of competitive battlers use it because let's face it, EV training is too extensive. Can anyone give me information on this? Do I need a certain item or is it a website?

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
My White Team- Excadrill/Krookodile

I just started. Picked Oshawott. I would like to have both Excadrill/Krookodile on my team because they are both great. Here's what I came up with. I have a weakness to water, but I think I did alright.

-Samurott
-Throh
-Chandelure
-Krookodile
-Excadrill
-Eelektross

Any recommendations? I also really like Briviary. Maybe swap Chandelure for Brivary?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
I hope this is in the correct area.
Anyways, my question is this: How do people "create" Pokemon? I know my friend does it but he's never really told me "how" and I know a lot of competitive battlers use it because let's face it, EV training is too extensive. Can anyone give me information on this? Do I need a certain item or is it a website?

Your friend is most likely using a program called PokeGen or PokeSav. These are programs that work with Flashcards to edit the game's save data. The programs let you put in entirely new pokemon or edit your current pokemon down to a letter. You can change pretty much every aspect of your pokemon, nickname, species, the way you met them, EVs, IVs, Nature, movesets, etc.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
I need my 3rd team

i already have 2 main teams, all based around a different [FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]pokemon[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] with the others with 6 pokemon that have types that can help others out. i am currently in need of a 3rd team. i need 5 more pokemon to finish off my final team. just to let you know, i only care for types. i dont care for EV values or other things like that. here is my team o far:

1)Drapion
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
My White Team

Just started. I have Oshawott and Throh, working on getting my Sandile with the right nature/ability.

Samurott-Naive
Throh-Adamant
Krookodile- Moxie with Adamant or Jolly
Chandelure-Modest
Braviary-Adamant or Jolly
Eelektross-Modest

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2012
So my weavile is levle 100 and ev trained in Atk and Speed(Max) and Has a Jolly Nature.He has a a speed of 349 which of found out on other sites is his max WITHOUT a speed increasing nature.With A speed increasign nature such as Jolly it should be 20-30 points higher than that.So it seems my nature isnt taking affect and changing my stats.I know my evs are spread out right and i dont think Ivs would have created this gap.I did not use any AR codes on this weavile(I have on other pokemon),he is legitly hatched for his nature and it is not working.So how can i fix this..or is there a reason in game why this is happening?

PS:sorry is this is in the wrong section

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
So my weavile is levle 100 and ev trained in Atk and Speed(Max) and Has a Jolly Nature.He has a a speed of 349 which of found out on other sites is his max WITHOUT a speed increasing nature.With A speed increasign nature such as Jolly it should be 20-30 points higher than that.So it seems my nature isnt taking affect and changing my stats.I know my evs are spread out right and i dont think Ivs would have created this gap.I did not use any AR codes on this weavile(I have on other pokemon),he is legitly hatched for his nature and it is not working.So how can i fix this..or is there a reason in game why this is happening?

PS:sorry is this is in the wrong section

The discrepancy would come from the fact that your Weavile has less IVs than a "perfect" one. IVs can give your pokemon a stat boost up to 31, so for it to be 20-30 slower makes perfect sense, as it has horrid speed genetics.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
im looking for a sixth team member i would prefer that it not be legendary and that it be obtainable in-game (white). i beilieve rotam-g would fit perfectly but i cant get him. any suggestions?

archeops: jolly
u turn
acrobatics
stone edge
earthquake

sraffty jolly
dragon dance
hijump kick
crunch
????

hydreigon modest
flamethrower
focus blast
dracometeor
u turn

volcarona modest quiver dance
flamethrower/fiery dance
bug buzz
hurricane

jellicent modest
waterspout/energy ball/ice beam
will o wisps
shadowball
surf

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Rate My Future HeartGold Team

The team I want to have by the time I get to Kanto:
Arcanine
Umbreon
Dragonite
Pigdeot
Banette
Gallade

Good? Bad? These were some Pokemon that I liked so I just set my goals on them...

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2012
Platinum: Best party w/out legends or National dex

Hey, I've been on platinum for a week or so. I started off with Piplup and basically he's been the only pokemon pulling his weight.

I'm trying to find a good team to start with.

Right now i have Empoleon, Eevee, Roselia, kadabra, Steelix and Togetic...

The only one I'm set on keeping is Togetic, I'm not sure if there are any evolution's of Eevee that would be good but if there are that would be awesome because i really want one of them on my team.

Another Pokemon i want to get is Gible so i want to try and find him. And that's pretty much it. I need some help choosing and any tips are appreciated!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Hey I just started HG i have a quilava at level 15 after recently visiting Mr. Pokemon's house. I need a good concrete stratigy on how to level up well. my current is level up 2 per route visit but thats getting more anoying if anything. i also want to know some good pokemon i get early on in game to train.

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
New to black/white version need team recommendation with grass type mono type run

I m new to black/white and have decided to go for a grass type mono run can someone recommend me a grass type team with movesets? I won't have wifi so please do not recommend me Pokemon with dream world abilities.
Thanks in advance !

RedHero15

The Blazing Hero
Years
Do you mind giving me some feedback on (Soon to be) Platinum Team?

I'm going to do a let's play soon and I want to see if this is a good team to use. I don't have specific movesets because I will use moves that I level up or find in
TM's throughout the LP, but I have nicknames for some of them. (BTW I'm using only Sinnoh Pokemon).

1. Starter - Torterra (nick - Big Green?) OR Empoleon (no nick yet)
2. Staraptor - (Ace)
3. Floatzel - (The Weasel)
4. Gallade (Link) OR Lucario (no nick)
5. Garchomp (Shark Atk)
6. Glaceon (no nick) OR Luxray / Weavile

I would appreciate some feedback if its good team or I need to make adjustments. Also naming some nickname suggestions would be nice. Thanks!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A lot of these posts were from a little while ago and since others aren't really looking here if anyone wants me to comment on them since the teams have likely changed since then, let me know and I will. :x

Hey I just started HG i have a quilava at level 15 after recently visiting Mr. Pokemon's house. I need a good concrete stratigy on how to level up well. my current is level up 2 per route visit but thats getting more anoying if anything. i also want to know some good pokemon i get early on in game to train.

Thanks.

Well just the amount of grinding only really comes into this. I try to be 10-15 levels ahead of each gym leader, because while you're ahead of the leaders, you're also ahead of everything around you, trainer and Pokemon-wise. It's tiring but unless you've got a fully extensive team that covers every single type, then grinding is all you can really do.

Early in-game, well, it's all a matter of preference really - however, due to Quilava being weak to water/ground/rock, you could get a grass type which could help you out with training. Unfortunately the things early on in HG aren't really the greatest, though you could always wait til you get past Bugsy and grab an Oddish from there and raise that until you can find a better grass type later on in the game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
pokemon white team

hi i am creating a team and it is done except for the 6 slot.i thinking either conkeldurr bisharp or tyranitar or haxorus. i have volcarona litwick rufflet carcoasta and reuniclus. im started training this team cause my only good pokemon from my orignal team was my reuniclus. any help would be great

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
Platinum team options

Hi, I have recently started to think of starting a new game in platinum and was wondering whether or not you have any team recommendations or options that could be useeful to me. They have to include a glalie, final form of a starter pokemon from sinnoh, target levels for elite four, and movesets. Also the pokemon that you recommend have to be able to get me through the main game, which means that I would rather be able to catch and evolve them in the game itself without having to trade or cheat.

Thanks a lot, Concordevc10

megatyler3

Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Pokemon Hard/386 Emerald Team Suggestions

Hi, I'm playing Emerald hard/386 edition. Right now I only have a Combusken and a Kirlia. I want some suggestions for the rest of my team but I don't want pokemon often used but still good or decent. (The exception is Combustions as Kirlia I've never used before lol) Also no other starters or legendarys. Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
My SS/White Team

Okay first I'll explain my title. Right now I'm in the middle of doing two Pokemon games (White and SS). And right now I'm torn in between a few Pokemon. I'll list my team and I would like all of you to pick put any Pokemon or put any in or replace this for that for my teams please!

White: Just beat second gym, Lenora
Team:
Dewott Lv. 19
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Brave (Boosts Attack, Lowers Speed)
Move set:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Razor Shell

Lillipup Lv. 17
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Hasty (Boosts Speed, Lowers Defense)
Move set:
Work Up
Take Down
Odor Slueth
Bite

Roggenrola Lv. 20
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed (Boosts Defense, Lowers Speed)
Move set:
Rock Blast
Iron Defense
Sand-Attack
Headbutt

Pidove Lv. 16
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Gentle (Boosts Special Defense, Lowers Defense)
Move set:
Air Cutter
Growl
Leer
Quick Attack

SoulSilver: On the route between Violet City and Union Cave
Quilava Lv. 19
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hardy (Nothing Boosted or Lowered)
Move set:
Quick Attack
Leer
SmokeScreen
Ember

HELP PLEASE!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back