• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Keeping TMs After Use

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Actually with PokeRuby being worked on, it's definitely a gaining viability to be a ROM base to hack with. Definitely once that gets more leverage it'd be easier to hack Ruby than EM or FR. So the elitism here is a few months too late, hehe.

The bulbapedia article here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Item_data_structure_in_Generation_III has what you are looking for concerning the item table location and mystery byte locations for Ruby. If the HM icon appears, then you'll have to do some debugging and nop some comparisons. If EM doesn't display the HM icon, then Ruby likely won't either. Cheers~

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Actually with PokeRuby being worked on, it's definitely a gaining viability to be a ROM base to hack with. Definitely once that gets more leverage it'd be easier to hack Ruby than EM or FR.

PokéRuby? This is the first I've heard of this project (then again, I was so busy with work in the previous months anyway...). Is there a forum thread of this research somewhere?

Any Solution for it in Pokemon Ruby?

Wait... I thought this was already possible in Ruby? I even have the method in my notes.

Code:
Open your Ruby ROM with a Hex Editor and go to 0x6F210. Change the [A8] byte to [90].

If I remember correctly, this will only let you use a TM as many times as you want.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
PokéRuby? This is the first I've heard of this project (then again, I was so busy with work in the previous months anyway...). Is there a forum thread of this research somewhere?

Wait... I thought this was already possible in Ruby? I even have the method in my notes.

Code:
Open your Ruby ROM with a Hex Editor and go to 0x6F210. Change the [A8] byte to [90].

If I remember correctly, this will only let you use a TM as many times as you want.

Did you maybe know also how expand Limit of Items in pockets? I especialy need it for Key Items. Since on my hack Johto Items do not allways fit on Key Item Pocket.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Did you maybe know also how expand Limit of Items in pockets? I especialy need it for Key Items. Since on my hack Johto Items do not allways fit on Key Item Pocket.

Nope. I don't really know how to do in-dept research and stuff within ROMs. I'm just relying on tools and tutorials and trying to understand how they work to the best of my abilities. Nothing more. :3

Back