• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Superpowered Acrobatic Hypersonic Extreme Battle Bowling: Ball Stars! [OOC]

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Superpowered Acrobatic Hypersonic Extreme Battle Bowling: Ball Stars!

Mount Olympus houses the biggest bowling alley of all. Since the era of the Gods, the best bowlers have played on these lanes. Every century, the best and brightest bowlers play ball to earn the title of Baller and the godlike powers that come with this position in the tournament called: The All-Star Bowling Tournament! Mega!

This century's The All-Star Bowling Tournament! Mega! has players from all over the world that will try and qualify to play. From the Norwegian legend Odin Thorson, to the French queen of bowling Sunflower Latorre, every famous bowler is at the foot of Olympus trying to bowl their way to the top. And you, you've arrived as well, basking in the glory of this magical bowling alley. The goal is to use your bowling and your magic abilities to outplay every bowler and become our century's Baller.

The All-Star Bowling Tournament! Mega!

The trial begins in a free-for all bowling match. The rules are vague, but you know it's dangerous. Unlimited people enter. Only 32 leave. Make sure to survive this round, and then the journey really begins.

Now you've worked your way up to the points of legends. The only thing standing between you and godlike powers is winning this tournament. Your past the point of regular 10 pin bowling now. You're playing in Platinum Rank.

The first thing in your way is the group phase. Every bowler is put into a group consisting of 4 people. Each will play a game against another player in the group phase, and get awarded points for either winning or losing. The best two players will continue to the next round.

The next round is the Round of 16, where the 16 best bowlers will take each other on in a one-on-one bowling game. From here on, losing means you're out of the tournament. The game will change. Rules will shift and be adapted from the group phase. The winner continues to the quarter-finals.

The quarter finals leave only 8 bowlers to bowl it out. The best bowler proceeds. Yet another version of bowling. This kinda just goes on until we're at the finale and I guess someone wins there and gains godlike powers.

Your powers: Strikers

Every bowling player has this special ability, their Striker. A striker is magical ability, and inherent and extremely important to a bowlers ability to play. Strikers can vary from the ability to split your ball up into two, shorten the bowling lane, to having thunder strike the pins. Strikers can out in a plethora of different ways, some being more subtle than others. Knowing your opponent's Striker ability is the key to winning, especially in a game of Battle Bowling™.

Your powers: Balls

Some bowlers have found that they can throw more strikes using different kind of balls. These balls, and the way they're thrown, can vary from player to player. Some players prefer a bowling ball shaped more like a rugby ball, while others might prefer even more unorthodox shapes. An example of this is Norwegian legend Odin Thorson, who uses a hammer rather than a bowling ball.

Olympia Alley

The Olympia Alley is the biggest and baddest bowling alley of all, and it's more than that. It's a self-sufficient town, covered underneath the giant and magically supported roof of the bowling alley, that only has inhabitants once every a hundred years. But that's the name of the game. The alley has its own mall in the building, with a plethora of clothing shops, restaurants and other common facilities as well as a big flat that serves as the dormitory. Here the players each get their own bed- and bathrooms, although the living room and kitchens are shared. It is where the rivalries brew, they say.

The biggest part of Olympia Alley is of course taken up by the tournament stage, an arena that fits half a million people. It is easily adaptable and can house all the varieties of bowling that are played during the tournament.

Close to that humongous arena is the practice area. It's as big and holds lanes for every possible variety of bowling, and even other sports.

The biggest money maker is of course the bowling stores though. Another mall exists besides the regular mall, filled with a shop selling souvenirs, caps, shirts, bottle openers, and bowling balls for one of the contestants that placed. That's 32 shops already. Then there's a big bowling shoes store, a big bowling ball store, a big bowling supplies store, each also intended for contestant use.

There's also a parking lot.

Rules:

• No Joint Posts. Interaction is done in the IC. This is so the RP won't be stagnated in a JP limbo.
  • Rated T
  • GM's word is final on all matters
  • A post a week is required. If the absence of a post cannot be explained, I can kick you out.
  • Phase shifts and game starts can only be done by the GM.
  • No powers that affect another player character's mental agency.

Character Sheet:

Either fill in this sheet or make a narrative sheet addressing all these elements.

Name:

Nationality: (fake countries allowed too)

Personality:

Background:

Striker & Ball:

Roleplay Sample: 200 words minimum (don't worry, it's not much). Must include dialogue. No linking to other RP posts

Accepted Players:

• Ice as Cpt. Captain Shantyboi
  • Sweet Dreams as Shar Striker
  • Ech as Cal
  • Jauntier as Butternut
  • NatShakira as Keiko Amagi

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
So, for those interested, I thought I'd explain the mechanics of the start of the RP.

Characters will arrive at the alley. People can create a small lead-up to that point, as long as it's not too long of an arc to get us started. From there on I want to get into a more structured choatic battle sequence.

For the first round, all players will be engaged in a game I've been so far calling a Bowling Death Match. The game is simple. People get a holographic pin that follows them. If your pin gets knocked over by someone else's bowling ball, you're done, and out. The game is played on a football-sized bowling line that contestants run across.

During this game, players are encouraged to post, and knock out and attack NPCs. I will have a list with about 100 characters. The details will be barren, in most cases just names. As you knock someone out in the IC, you mention them in the OOC and that way we dwindle down the list to 32 contestants. That way the players can shape the form the NPCs take during the tournament.

This is of course based on communication. I expect people to not take out dozens a people per post, and I expect people to discuss it if they'd like an NPC to survive, or get taken out by someone else. Preferable this is all done in this OOC thread, not in the discord channel.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I have a question...
Are the bowlers gods in mortal form? If so... I'm Trying to figure out a clever name for Cernunnos.

No, no, no. They're regular people that are just really good at bowling.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I'm super busy this week because of finals, so i probably won't be able to get a char out until next week. i love the concept of this rp and i'll be thinking up of chars as i die study!

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
I feel the need to state upfront that I'm not planning on having my character win, since he might be a little, uh, OP. I'm aiming to have some fun and then bow out gracefully. :P

9Q1CHwy.png

"Don't be upset that you've lost. Be happy you had the opportunity to witness me in action."

Shar Striker

Nationality:

Legally a citizen of Russia, he considers himself more of a denizen of the concept of bowling and feels he can communicate with all who share in that passion.

Personality:

Bowling is Shar's life, his joy, his love. He is a really fantastic bowler—and he knows it. Supremely confident in himself, he is more than happy to share his love and confidence around. In fact, some consider him something like a spiritual guardian of the sport. If a bowler ever faces a crisis, he will likely appear to them in their time of need, as if an angel from the heavens. Even amidst the fiercest competition, he willingly imparts his words of bolstering wisdom to any in need. He is the answer to their prayers.

Of course, he only ever manages to give <i>good</i> advice if the topic is about bowling.

Though Shar delights in attempting to help, sometimes his actions ring a little hollow due to his overly self-congratulatory and almost narcissistic perspective on any given situation. He cares for others, sure, but he has trouble empathising with the thought of any kind of struggle, having pretty much glided through life with nary a worry himself.

Weirdly, or maybe unsurprisingly, Shar has no actual friends. That matters not to him, as he views every person on the end of a bowling lane to be comrades in arms. He considers every person on Earth who bowls with love as a close friend, and he will act as such. In fact, he often will know little details of any bowler he meets like their name and embarrassing childhood secrets, without ever being told.

Being able to witness great bowling is almost as exciting to Shar as being able to bowl, himself. He is often one of the most talkative spectators, energetically espousing expository dialogue about any given bowler's techniques or strategies.

Great bowlers might be able to recognise the aura of power that practically sluices off his skin. Any who touch him will likely gain a temporary boon to their bowling prowess for the next four or so hours. Though he is aware of this effect of his, he freely shares this power, for he is confident that no matter how much extra strength people may receive, they will never be able to match him in terms of pure skill.

Background:

When he was younger, Shar did not know who his father was. His mother would only ever sigh and say with faraway eyes that "Your father was a bowling god. Literally". It sparked his desire to bowl to get closer to this absent father figure, upon which he found a talent and skill that came almost as naturally to him as breathing. That's when he knew that, so long as he continued to bowl, his father would definitely watch over him, no matter where he was.

It was much later that he finally learned that his father was the last champion of The All-Star Bowling Tournament! Mega! that he'd heard so much about in the bowling circuit. Everything started to make sense, including the way in which his overwhelming skills began to manifest in physical traits, like his angel wings and third eye (which opens only when he is bowling or sees bowling).

He'd always wanted to go to The All-Star Bowling Tournament! Mega!, but now he found something more important to him than winning—he wanted to meet his father face to face, and make him proud.

Also being able to see all the best players facing off would be rad as heck.

Striker & Ball:

Shar is so good at bowling that he bowls in four dimensions. Ordinary mortal eyes cannot comprehend seeing this, and it will often translate into something that visually makes no sense. His favourite move in conventional bowling looks to most spectactators as though he threw the ball into the gutter, but as he turns his back to the lane and begins confidently sauntering away, the pins seem to explode in a giant fireball behind him. There is no actual explosion nothing gets damaged, but it is simply the closest visual analogy the human mind can come up with to what REALLY happened. All anyone knows is that the pins are knocked down—sometimes arranged so that they perfectly spell Shar's name.

Shar has one faithful ball that he has used for all his bowling years. It was given to him by his mother, who told him that his father left it behind. Over the years, as he developed his skills (and wings, and eye) the ball started taking on something like an ethereal glow. Almost like a halo. And in moments of peak synchronisation, the ball almost feels as one with Shar, looking almost as if it moves with a purpose of its own in order to reach their goals. Shar knows in his heart that the ball (he calls it Kollega) holds all the wishes and passion of bowlers across the world, though there's probably no way to prove him right or wrong on that point.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
CAL
Nationality: Macedonia

Personality:
Whether she is a young girl who possesses a macabre sense of imagination or an eldritch abomination with a propensity to act mawkish and gauche, Cal is a fun-loving eccentric with an inability to focus on anything for too long. Though she is rarely malicious on purpose, she is amoral and seldom cares about the consequences behind her actions.

Background:
Centuries ago, the people of Veles lived in peace for at least two weeks. But somehow everything changed when a clan of immortal, deformed Incubi attacked the city. They waged war out of frustration for having been denied by Mount Olympus for being too "unattractive for Incubi" and vented their angst against a tiny portion of the population in Macedonia, because there were only five of these impish imps; one of them was underage and thus violence was too inappropriate for him.

The scuffle was moderately gruesome, lasting no more than two hours. Nobody died—in fact, nobody actually really fought. Unfortunately, a Macedonian couple ended up getting a divorce over some terrible misunderstanding involving the underage Incubus. Their bewildering squabble led to their infant daughter getting abducted by one of the incubi.

The Incubi would raise and train this little girl as their own, shaping her to become their champion. But being a mere mortal, she failed to develop any special abilities and pretty much just mooched off the clan's resources. So the deformed Incubi sought out a Succubi child and kidnapped her instead, training her to become the greatest bowler.

The moral of the story is: always jiggle before you wiggle your niblets.

Striker:
Cal can daub objects or people with pus that oozes out of her grotesque appendage. This pus causes anything coated in its rancid substance to lose all traction and slip across any terrain at uncontrollable speeds. Cal is unaffected by her own pus, though she occasionally applies her secretions onto something she can ride for her own entertainment.

Ball:
Dave Chill is an American college student. Beneath his exterior as a mild-mannered milquetoast, he spend his free time writing provocative content about homosexual vampires or rambling about deer on a roleplaying forum—like the majority of the community there, he seldom actually participates in the activity the forum revolves around. Oddities aside, he claims he prefers to be jejune and seldom involves himself in anything he deems too outlandish.

Also, this is Cal's bowling ball.

Roleplay Sample:
"OH GOD, WHAT'S THAT?!" screamed many unsuspecting pedestrians who came tumbling down as something plowed right through them. It seemed like nothing was able to stop Dave Chill on his misadventure.
-------
His chest grated across asphalt, tearing apart his shirt and certainly leaving behind a gash. The burning sensation from friction indicated he would eventually come to a halt, so he became quite confused and vexed when he realized he was actually accelerating at an exponential rate. The world eventually became nothing more but a nauseating blur. His arms incessantly reached out, trying to grab a hold onto anything but it was nothing more but a futile gesture as his hands were rendered completely maladroit in this situation.
-------
"Can't you go any faster?" asked the tiny eldritch abomination atop Dave's back. She gave a light pat onto his head as if hustling him like one would whip a horse. "Come on, we'll never get to Olympus at this rate!"
-------
What the heck are you talking about?! was what Dave would have hollered if chunks of last night's dinner didn't escape out his mouth, gurgling up his words to an incomprehensible mess. The pouting petite passenger was shocked and appalled after witnessing such a travesty. "Wah, that's so gross Onii-chan!"
-------
D-did this cringey ass loli seriously just call me Onii-chan? Like, I am so done.

DAVE CHILL
Nationality: America​
メイヨーは最高のアーティストです。

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
My SU WIP, so I'm an active GM working on his RP

Name: Cpt. Captain Shantyboi

Nationality: The ocean, matey. But he has a SeaWorld and a Swiss passport.

Personality: Shantyboi's a dangerous man with a short fuse and a canon. He likes conflict and resolving that through bowling. He is honorable in his matches, but only because he knows that the rules of bowling are a bit... iffy.
At his core, Captain's really just a man driven by avarice.

Background: Born on the ship of his father, The Bowling Pinnacle, locked away in a storage deep in the mountains of Switzerland, Captain always dreamed of more than speaking the wrong german. It was when he was 10, that he grabbed a knapsack and started walking towards the seas, which he always found to be his calling. There, he stole a boat, assembled a crew, and started sailing around in his own Bowling Pinnacle, a big fucking boat.

Practicing bowling against his crew mates, Captain quickly learned to perfect his technique, and develop his own bowling weaponry. It was an important skill to have on the high seas, as one often had to bowl against competing pirate crews in local tournaments, hold on the upper decks of the ships. Bowling while being at the whimsy of the tides on a heaving ship really allows a pirate to sharpen his skill.

Striker & Ball: Cpt. Captain Shantyboi's ball is shot from a cannon. It's a legal bowling move, he checked the rules. He can throw it, but you know, why throw it if you have a canon. His Striker is Neptune's Mercy, and has the bowling lane experience the heaving of a boat.

Roleplay Sample:

"We play for keeps, little man," Captain Shantyboi said to the fifteen-year-old boy. Soon, salty tears would be sliding down his boyish cheeks, and Captain relished in that. Tears were the only salt water around, the only thing that still anchored him to the ocean. He had been on the ground for too long.

"Well, let's do it then, old man!" the boy said, his braces shimmering in the sunlight.

A smirk donned Captain's face as he positioned his cannon.

"Prepare to be destroyed, kid," Captain said, his beard forming to his smile. "You're not ready to deal with my personal technique. Be ready to experience Bowling Cannon Extreme!"

He lit the fuse, and with fiery pressure the ball was released from the cannon. It didn't just hit all the pins, it demolished them. It splintered them to pieces, just like it would do to a ship, or a person. If they were made of wood of course.

The kid's jaw dropped, as he held on tightly to his bowling ball. It was black with green highlights, and looked to be light. It was useless to Captain, but he didn't really care about the ball. It was about the stakes.

"That's a strike!"

"One of many, small person," Captain said. "Now you bowl. See if your land legs can manage."

The bowling lane started to heave, the bowling balls on the racks in the end rolling from left to right and back again. The kid fell over before he could even throw. It dropped from his pathetic hands straight into the gutter, where it belonged.

Captain Shantyboi shook his head, strolling onto the lane.

"You never stood a chance, microman," Captain Shantyboi said, as he grabbed the ball from the gutter. The heaving did not affect Captain. He was used to it. The whimsy of the sea, he had adapted to it. He was probably even a better bowler when the wild waters below were slamming the ship around. And he could make anything heave with his striker ability. Neptune's Mercy was merciless. And that would allow him to become… Baller!

Last edited:
Years
WIP

Fran.full.262154.jpg

Name: Tristan Hex, a.k.a. "The Trixter", or just Trix to his friends.

Nationality: American, specifically hailing from Colon, MI.

Personality: Some might call Tristan vain or arrogant, but is it arrogance to recognize one's talent? Is it vanity to want to share your greatness with the world? Maybe, maybe not, but the assessment isn't far off in Tristan's case. While he has skill, no one in the world has as much skill as Tristan thinks he does. He loves showing off, relishes in competition, and doesn't believe there is such a thing as "bad publicity".

A consummate showman, Tristan lives for the spotlight. Nothing brings him more joy than to hear thunderous applause and crowds cheering his name. Having originally made his name as a magician, he'll do anything for fame, and frequently manages to conceal the nature of his subterfuge from prying eyes. But before you think he's nothing but an unscrupulous charlatan, he does have some morals. He loves the spotlight, but he's still willing to share it. After all, a star shines even brighter when it has competition. And, though he won't admit it, he does respect his peers and rivals. Like anyone else, he can be impressed by those who show legitimate talent.

Of course, much of this is just his stage persona. After all, he wants to be famous, and who doesn't love a great villain? While he may at times play up his heel persona, outside of the bowling circuit he's a laid-back and easygoing guy with few close friends, who enjoys the simple comforts of home.

Background: Shocking as it may be, Tristan wasn't always a bowler. He started off as a regular kid, with a love of magic and a level of skill that, frankly, terrified his parents. He got his start as a magician's assistant before branching off and getting his own act. He continued on, blissfully ignorant of the bowling phenomenon, until news of a new bowling alley caused a large number of people to walk out on one of his shows. The show had to go on, but afterwards, he went to check out the alley.

In his civilian guise, he participated in a few casual games, but soon found himself overwhelmed. Bowling simply didn't come naturally to him, and his skills, honed as they were to prestidigitation, simply didn't apply to sports. His pride was injured, even more so after seeing the praise and prizes heaped upon the winner. He resolved to be a better bowler, at first taking it up as a side hobby, but as his skill improved he started implementing his magic into the game, eventually coming out in full Trixter costume and using his fame to advertise both his act and the game itself.

Striker & Ball: Trixter's Striker is the enigmatic Hat Trick, allowing him to use his magic to produce his ball from seemingly nowhere. Pulled from his hat, drawn from a deck of cards, even making it vanish entirely (yet still hitting the pins). No one is sure how it works, and he isn't telling, but league officials have noticed that his Hat Trick becomes more powerful and flashy the more audience approval he has.

When he made his debut, Trixter used a magic 8-ball that he pulled from his sleeve and increased to standard issue bowling ball size. Since then, his "Pool Hall Oracle" has appeared in every game, despite it being an oversized billards ball, and thus lacking any finger holes.

Roleplay Sample: 200 words minimum (don't worry, it's not much). Must include dialogue. No linking to other RP posts

Chemist Wooper

AIN'T HOT, M8
Years
work in progress

Will Freeman
f15b2cf1e80e8613d2ac6f2c8b662bb4--stars-pixiv.png

--=-- 21 =--= MALE --=--

NATIONALITY: Born in Sydney, Austrailia, Will lives in New York City, and his accent is still very much there.

Personality: Will is described by his friends and many others, as a perfectionist. Cursed yet blessed with obsessive compulsive disorder, or more commonly known as OCD, meaning he really likes things being correct in his way. But besides that, he's a pretty fun person. He does have some lack of humor, though so this means no puns. He is more a productive person than most usual people, but he is fine with it. He is also very,very,VERY observant, being a photographer.

Background: Unlike many other people who learned how to bowl and how to win, Will was just good at it in Australia and slowly learned, he had a knack for it. He continued to bowl but when his family moved, he had stopped bowling, and began feeling more interested in other things, one of them being photography, and he slowly began taking pictures better and better and started working for professionals. However, one day when his boss invited him to a bowling alley to sit back and relax, Will picked up a size 8 sky blue bowling ball and rolled it, and his skill came back, he was still rusty, but still he remembered his past.

He was ready to bowl and so after that time, he kept bowling and practicing until he was invited to the tournament and immediately started getting ready excited, with his camera hanging around his neck. By the way, his camera is a Nikon camera, with a lenses on the front, allowing him to zoom in and out as he pleases.

Striker & Ball: His striker is not really related to bowling specifically but meh. He takes a picture before he rolls, the pins standing up normally nothing different about them. Now, any mistakes the photograph immediately freezes and rewinds to the photograph's place, which would mean he gets a do-over of his roll. But as a precaution, Will has OCD, meaning he likes his picture perfect (or as close he can get to it) and will continue to delete and retake photos to get it perfect. (the delete is so he can save space on his camera's memory card).

His ball unlike most at the tournament, is pretty normal, any size 8 ball works. However he does seem to have a preference to single colors of the bowling balls.

Sample: will be here later

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Sweet Dreams' Shar Striker is accepted.

Friday will be the deadline for SUs to be finished, and I hope to throw up the IC at that point too, together with an OOC post that introduces everything.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
If you're working on an SU, even if you've posted a WIP that's unfinished, please leave a message in the OOC

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Let's have a discussion :))))))))

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2018
I've only just seen this but it sounds amazing. i understand if it's too late as mentioned above but i thought i would try for it anyway I'm also a little new at this whole thing but hey gotta start somewhere

Name:
Keiko Amagi

Nationality: half Japanese half Irish, grew up in japan

Personality:
Keiko spent most of her life keeping up appearances and being prim and proper but after leaving her fathers company she no longer fears being the loud slightly obnoxious girl she is. often warming up to anyone entirely too fast, for anyone's good. she is an open book by all definitions and will reveal every secret she has to people. She also has a tendency to get carried away, and likes to show off almost always getting her into trouble.

Appearance:
Keiko is pretty short with short black hair that is always kept in small pony she has thick rimmed glasses and is always found wearing a lab coat and her tennis outfit (shorts and a long sleeve striped shirt) with the left arm sleeves cut off so she can properly fit her giant mechanical arm through it. I guess you could say the first thing people notice about her is the fact that one arm is at least twice as big as the other and also robotic. She always carries a messenger bag full of notes and of course her racquet and ball

Background:
growing up Keiko never knew her mother, a grand tennis player her father used to tell her. Keiko's father Peter O'langley head of the O'langley corporation is a world renowned tennis player and scientist. growing up Keiko had two things drilled into her: Engineering and Tennis by age 8 she was a prodigy at both, winning many competitions and science fairs. by 16 she had achieved excellence in both fields and while her career paths were varied with her obviously unique and desirable skill set she opted to join the family business (not that she really had a choice) becoming the face of the company, an enormous amount of pressure was put on her to be a presentable young lady, she hated it. one day while running tests on an experimental mech suit for tennis players, to bring new life to the game an unfortunate incident left her with only one arm

fearing that she would never play again she fell into a depression and didn't leave the house. it was then that she discovered the truth about her mother while cleaning up one day. in the attic she found some old bowling trophies and albums lying around revealing the shocking truth. her mother was not a tennis player, she was a bowler... all this timer her father had lied to her. An article she found still haunts her to this day, an interview with her mother while she was pregnant with her. "one day i hope to share my passion for bowling with my son or daughter" the words were too much for Keiko and emotions she never knew even existed burst inside her, she knew she had to do something. after months of work in secret she perfected her designs. Then one night she decided to enact her plan of revenge. Breaking into her father's lab was… well easy she worked there and everyone knew her. Not exactly the kind of espionage feel she had hoped for but at least she could work in peace. It took her all night but she had turned her plans into a reality, a mechanical arm to boost her swinging power the perfect racquet designed to maximize surface area efficiency and her TENIS ball the Turbo Engaged Nuclear Ignition Sphere the ultimate tennis ball. she made sure To leave a note a message for her father for his betrayal, she would serve that ball right into the building destroying it. (getting everyone out beforehand of course)

Then she ran, she ran and never looked back finding herself in Cairo, Egypt. It was there she took up the sport of bowling to which she found a knack for immediately as if it ran in her blood. She spent her years there and after honing her craft. It was time for the big leagues.

Striker & Ball:
Keiko has a mechanical arm of her own engineering that boosts her swinging power with her racquet astronomically. It has thrusters around the elbows and up until the wrists that she can control with a neural transmitter hooked into her brain. What she lacks in finesse she makes up for in power.she mostly relies on this sheer power and the shock waves to topple the pins, sometimes being known to get several strikes across lanes.

Her ball is TENIS the Turbo Engaged Nuclear Ignition Sphere, a tennis ball of her own design, and while unorthodox she never fails to pull results with her handiwork. it's outfitted to be perfectly balanced giving it complete control. The nature of having a bouncy ball as her bowling ball means that she is no stranger to trying to pull off trick shots. And while these don't always work when they do they produce spectacular results.

Roleplay

The river Nile bowling alley was unique in that it resided inside a pyramid, built to honour the great pharaoh Koora a great fan of the sport we have come to know as bowling. Keiko knew the owner so she frequented the joint.

"Who wants to watch me get three strikes!?" Keiko yelled as she excitedly looked into the crowd gathered behind her.

The crowd is filled with nervous mutters as they all know that when Keiko gets excited like this things always go wrong.

"No one? Fine I'll do it anyway!" Keiko gestured towards the crowd to her right to get out of the way she she lined up for a serve, she ran the scenario in her head, off the right wall off the left and into the pins…

She took a deep breath and threw the ball in the air her left arm roared into action as the thrusters engaged and in one blur she slammed the ball into the wall. before anyone could react it had bounced off the right wall, bounced off the left and soared towards the pins. Only not quite making it, instead the ball hit above the pinsetters and rocketed back towards Keiko, managing to duck in time the ball found it's pins finally, a whole bar full of expensive bottles.

"uuuhh, put it on my tab?" she shrugged meekly as the bartender stared at her with a look on his face that could only be pure thankfulness that he was alive.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2018
I've only just seen this but it sounds amazing. i understand if it's too late as mentioned above but i thought i would try for it anyway I'm also a little new at this whole thing but hey gotta start somewhere

Name:
Keiko Amagi

Nationality: half Japanese half Irish, grew up in japan

Personality:
Keiko spent most of her life keeping up appearances and being prim and proper but after leaving her fathers company she no longer fears being the loud slightly obnoxious girl she is. often warming up to anyone entirely too fast for anyone's good. she is an open book by all definitions and will reveal every secret she has to people. She also has a tendency to get carried away, and likes to show off almost always getting her into trouble.

Appearance:
Keiko is pretty short with short black hair that is always kept in small pony she has thick rimmed glasses and is always found wearing a lab coat and her tennis outfit (shorts and a long sleeve striped shirt) with the left arm sleeves cut off so she can properly fit her giant mechanical arm through it. I guess you could say the first thing people notice about her is the fact that one arm is at least twice as big as the other and also robotic. She always carries a messenger bag full of notes and of course her racquet and ball

Background:
growing up Keiko never knew her mother, a grand tennis player her father used to tell her. Keiko's father Peter O'langley head of the O'langley corporation is a world renowned tennis player and scientist. growing up Keiko had two things drilled into her: Engineering and Tennis by age 8 she was a prodigy at both, winning many competitions and science fairs. by 16 she had achieved excellence in both fields and while her career paths were varied with her obviously unique and desirable skill set she opted to join the family business (not that she really had a choice) becoming the face of the company an enormous amount of pressure was put on her to be a presentable young lady, she hated it. one day while running tests on an experimental mech suit for tennis players, to bring new life to the game an unfortunate incident left her with only one arm

fearing that she would never play again she fell into a depression and didn't leave the house. it was then that she discovered the truth about her mother while cleaning up one day. in the attic she found some old bowling trophies and albums lying around revealing the shocking truth. her mother was not a tennis player, she was a bowler... all this timer her father had lied to her. An article she found still haunts her to this day, an interview with her mother while she was pregnant with her. "one day i hope to share my passion for bowling with my son or daughter" the words were too much for Keiko and emotions she never knew even existed burst inside her, she knew she had to do something. after months of work in secret she perfected her designs. one night she decided to enact her plan of revenge. Breaking into her father's lab was… well easy she worked there and everyone knew her. Not exactly the kind of espionage feel she had hoped for but at least she could work in peace. It took her all night but she had turned her plans into a reality, a mechanical arm to boost her swinging power the perfect racquet designed to maximise surface area efficiency and her TENIS ball the Turbo Engaged Nuclear Ignition Sphere the ultimate tennis ball. To leave a note a message of her fathers betrayal she would serve that ball right into the building destroying it. (making sure to get everyone out of course)

Then she ran, she ran and never looked back finding herself in Cairo, Egypt. It was there she took up the sport of bowling to which she found a knack for immediately as if it ran in her blood. She spent her years there and after honing her craft. It was time for the big leagues.

Striker & Ball:
Keiko has a mechanical arm of her own engineering that boosts her swinging power with her racquet astronomically. It has thrusters around the elbows and u until the wrists that she can control with a neural transmitter hooked into her brain. What she lacks in finesse she makes up for in power she mostly relies on the sheer power and the shock waves to topple the pins, sometimes being known to get several strikes across lanes.

Her ball is TENIS the Turbo Engaged Nuclear Ignition Sphere, a tennis ball of her own design, and while unorthodox she never fails to pull results with her handiwork. it's outfitted to be perfectly balanced giving it complete control. The nature of having a bouncy ball as her bowling ball means that she is no stranger to trying to pull off trick shots. And while these don't always work when they do they produce spectacular results.

Roleplay

The river Nile bowling alley was unique in that it resided inside a pyramid, built to honour the great pharaoh Koora a great fan of the sport we have come to know as bowling. Keiko knew the owner so she frequented the joint.

"Who wants to watch me get three strikes!?" Keiko yelled as she excitedly looked into the crowd gathered behind her.

The crowd is filled with nervous mutters as they all know that when Keiko gets excited like this things always go wrong.

"No one? Fine I'll do it anyway!" Keiko gestured towards the crowd to her right to get out of the way she she lined up for a serve, she ran the scenario in her head, off the right wall off the left and into the pins…

She took a deep breath and threw the ball in the air her left arm roared into action as the thrusters engaged and in one blur she slammed the ball into the wall. before anyone could react it had bounced off the right wall, bounced off the left and soared towards the pins. Only not quite making it, instead the ball hit above the pinsetters and rocketed back towards Keiko, managing to duck in time the ball found it's pins finally, a whole bar full of expensive bottles.

"uuuhh, put it on my tab?" she shrugged meekly as the bartender stared at her with a look on his face that could only be pure thankfulness that he was alive.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Oh look. What's this? A chance?

8tpSnZk.png

Name:
Christopher "Butternut" Buttnutman "Squapsh"

Nationality:
American

Personality:
Somewhat maladjusted, muttering east coast suburbanite who speaks in an affected English dialect. Often a bit of a space cadet, he does like to focus on what little merits he has. Has little tolerance, but a nonexplosive temper. When he feels confident enough to, he may shoehorn himself into social situations to combat the quiet fear that his cancer will get the best of him.

Background:
Growing up miles and miles away from the inner city in a decent, low-income neighborhood, Christopher Buttnutman led a rebelious life in grade school. He would skip classes and regularly get into fights for kids making fun of his name: "Chris-Tofu". Christopher hated tofu because of how it changed his mother, making her divorce his father one night for her vegeterian coworker at the Shop-N-Save.

He dropped out of high school to become an entrepreneur in various occupations, such as "Social Media Manager" of all his microblogging accounts, "Edibles Distributor" among clients whose interests intersected baking and THC (also moonlighting an "Edibles Quality Assurance Tester" position at the time), and "Venue Manager" for the house parties he'd throw when his father was at the factory. During all this, he made a brand name for himself on all his index business cards: Butternut. One time when he used it on a packet of semi-legal forms that required a surname, he adopted "Butternut Squapsh". The letter "p" is silent, since he made a mistake.

One day, one of his more handy clients acquired an old car, and managed to do some of their own heavy duty alterations in an attempt to hot rod it. The resulting Frankensteinian mishmash was painted over with several thick coats of a new, experimental aerosol paint. When Butternut accepted the invitation for a test drive and visited the client, the grease monkey kept showing him a video on his phone about this miracle nanobot spray paint he used. It purportedly made anything it coated exceptionally aerodynamic. Butternut admitted the chrome looked slick, and agreed to accompany a speed test down the interstate freeway. Sections of the freeway had no speed limit, thanks to special interest German lobbyists. They gave a toast of Smirnoff 2 to commemorate before they got behind the wheel.

Butternut came to in an intensive care unit at the hospital. He had several broken bones and lost an eye. Most of his skin was covered in what he thought were third degree burns, despite the unusual silvery tint. Over the course of three weeks as staff stabilized and monitored him, they informed him that he developed advanced skin cancer from contact with the caustic, burning wreckage from which he was pried. He was constantly run through tests. His father visited him once on his day off to sob and scold him, but promised to work overtime at the factory so he could afford the copay when the hospital bill comes. Butternut was sorry.

During the last few days of his stay, his vitals were normalized, but his appearance took on drastic changes. The doctors figured after tested samples that Butternut be released from their privatized care, but strongly recommended he be heavily supervised until his next scheduled visit with certain specialists. Before then, Butternut had to meet with his physiologist, who would give him the exercises he'd need to do at home to improve his range of motion from all his healing bones. When he watched his physiologist demonstrate all the techniques and weights, he realized he could save himself some time if he combined all of the exercises into one.

And it happened to look a lot like bowling.

Striker & Ball:
Butternut's Striker power is that his skin and muscles are deeply afflicted with cybercancer. Each cancerous cell is controlled by rogue and invasive graphene-alloy nanobots. The nanobots have mutated to adapt to the electrical impulses of nerve cells, have tapped into tissue cell nuclei to control important functions, and only activate under certain signals. Butternut can now move those cells throughout his body at will, controlling their growth acceleration into what are technically teratomic tumors.

As such, Butternut can grow and totally rip off these dense, graphene-like tumors for bowling balls. Once these tumors are removed from his body though, the nanobots may reactivate independently and have a decent chance to act and malfunction. Removed tumors can also merge with each other and back into himself.

Roleplay Sample:
Wiry, graphene-plated fingertips sifted through the rack.

A deep voice asked, "Do you need help?"

Butternut turned around, his blue eye adjusting its optics to give the thirty-something man a once-over.

The business-type stood frozen in his employee-discounted designer suit, and held his lanyard wrung in his hands as he spoke again: "You've been circling that 'Up to 50% Off' clearance rack for the last half an hour." He wheezed out a laugh as he lowered his eyes to his own dress shoes. He noticed what he thought were the other's bare, fused, and deeply angular toes. He respectfully added, "And sir, are those bare feet? We do refuse service for that in our store."

Butternut shrugged his hunched shoulders. "Huh." He pointed at his feet with his six fingers. "Yuh. Yhey shoes. Like they're nude color," he said, skin glinting like chrome, "and they don't come off. For medicine." The other man deeply apologized for the confusion. Butternut then tugged at his own equally-designer sheer sweatpants. "And these came straight outta New Neorkshire, man, they flew this in on a jet just to get the wrinkles out, like cabin pressure do," he mumbled, leaning against the rack. The store associate nodded in agreement, pretending to understand science of deluxe delivery. "I'm tryna get the goods in here but I'm tall, so like how can you help me today?"

The store associate stared up at Butternut, batting away a loose hair from his knotty bun as an excuse to peek his customer's diamond-cut figure, which showed through a matching sheer dress shirt. He cleared his throat and asked, "What are your dimensions, sir?"

"36, 40."

"36 waist?"

"Yuh."

"Oh, I deeply apologize," he said, "but we do not carry those measurements. We only supply standard ratios here. Perhaps a tailor could help you elsewhere."

"Huh." Butternut straightened his back and turned to walk away, his expression as disaffected as ever—but a hand grabbed his ripped, smooth bicep. He glanced over his shoulder back at the associate. "Huh?"

"Listen." His voice was low as he took a step closer, ducking a little behind the pants rack so no one else in the vacant store could see. "I noticed from your unusual physique and the giant, gold-painted letter 'B' on your face plate—are you, perhaps, a bowler?"

"The 'B' stands for 'Butternut', but, um, yuh, I bowl. Like pre' good." Butternut did not try to lower his voice whatsoever, but the man continued his secretive whispering.

"Here's my number—"

"Woa buddy like I'm not into man buns."

"No, not like that! I'm divorced!" he spat, as he reached into his breast pocket.

"Huh. But that still makes you single since you're no longer deuces so like you're still hitting on me, bruh."

"Just take my card." The associate handed it over. Butternut read it: Kapers Kaperschky, Bowling Aficionado. "I'm a bowling coach. I think you've got what it takes to be pretty good at it, if you're really into it. That's my number right there, if you're up for any late night lessons. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll be a god."

Butternut stared at the card for a little while longer before tucking it into his pants. He gave Kaperschky a firm nod before yanking his arm away. "Huh. I'll think about it, Kapootski."

Last edited:
Back