• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Maybe, the more information is just outlining some major questions that have been asked, as I am sure they have been flooded the past day! XD​

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Seeing as it said that there's over 700 new Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y... means it's around 50 new Pokémon. Well that's OK, I don't mind not having several more Pokémon, but I guess it's to save space on the ROMs themselves, because 3D models do take up more space than normal images.

And yeah, I do think 800 is a little bit too large, I was more expecting it to be around 150 new Pokémon, but it's 50 and I'm happy with it. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe, the more information is just outlining some major questions that have been asked, as I am sure they have been flooded the past day! XD​

Nah I think it might be new screenshots or ONE NEW POKEMON please???

blue

gucci
Years
If there's over 700 then it's going to take a loooong time to fill up the Pokedex. If B2W2 had 300 for the Pokedex, I wonder how many these will have.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
If there's over 700 then it's going to take a loooong time to fill up the Pokedex. If B2W2 had 300 for the Pokedex, I wonder how many these will have.

For sure on the long time bit I could barely fill it up with in the Gen IV. I do like filling up the National Dex so I hope it's around the 300 number hopefully a bit more!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Not really. They seem really legit compared to... the third evolutions of Unova starters. XD;

Embroar didn't seem legit? =O

But yeah... new pokemon generally looks like Fakemon, at least too me for the first... hour. :3 I dunno, for me, whenever there's new pokemon, it does generally take me a while to get used to em'~ But, I think I'm starting to warm up to the starters!

blue

gucci
Years
Fennekin could resemble Vulpix in some ways but I still don't associate them together. The starters may be similar species or have similar appearances to previous but they're not duplicates, I think the look good.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I think they might look like Fakemon because people have been doing tons and tons of Fakemons. Eventually some of the official artwork is going to look similar to the artwork of those doing Fakemon. I don't look at Fakemon, which means none of them looked like Fakemon to me.

This is the most times I've ever said Fakemon.

blue

gucci
Years
It's always the case with new Pokemon, especially for starters. You saw how people took to Oshawott and now look how much love it has got.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk I think a whole lot of people like all of them immediately, well, at least I do. :x

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
idk I think a whole lot of people like all of them immediately, well, at least I do. :x

Some people never do at first. Probably because some will probably think they're ugly. Like so:

images

Again, yeah, I'm starting to like them too; their designs pretty much appeal to me in a semi-simple way~

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I second that Nica, I've really come to like all of them straight away, unlike in Black and White.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Some people never do at first. Probably because some will probably think they're ugly. Like so:

images

Again, yeah, I'm starting to like them too; their designs pretty much appeal to me in a semi-simple way~

At first, I absolutely adored all of the starters, since I was too "wowing" about the gameplay, I really didn't think of which one was my favorite until I payed more attention to Fennekin, and then I thought "aww, Fennekin is so adorable". xD

But even though I absolutely adore Fennekin the most, I still think the other two are cute. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back