• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Rise of the Titans. (M for blood and Violence) OOC

Who will win?

• The Gods/Goddesses and Demigods

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • The Titans

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
@machomuu: Wonderful improvement :D your accepted, and thanks for being so understanding about your sign up.

@Pokemonmaster_draco: Really good, there are just a couple things I need you to add, All Demigods have ADHD and Dyslexia, also you need to mention seeing one monster, and have to mention going to Camp Half Blood for at least two years after finding out he's a Demigod. But I love the way you introduced Athena.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm probably gonna start this once we hit 8 players, I've got some things planned for at Camp that will happen, sort of like a prologue to the main plot of the story.

Years
I am in the process of making a character sheet for a son of Hades.

I'm quite familiar with Greek mythology, and Pokemon obviously, but not Percy Jackson. I've heard a bit about it, I just skimmed through some material...How familiar with the universe would I have to be to get a good experience out of this, and not drag the RP down?

...Also, what exactly are Pokemon links? Is it like our character is imbued with the spirit of a Pokemon? Or they actually *have* a Pokemon?

...Know what, I may as well post what I have so far.

Name: Marcus Jones Hayden
Godly Parent: Hades
Appearance: (Mostly) shaved head, 6'1", muscular, olive skin tone, black hoodie (sleeves torn off), black jeans, black sneakers
Weapon: Stygian Iron Cestus, Shadow Travel (Can blend in and travel through shadows), Necromancy (Can communicate with the dead and raise a fallen enemy to fight for him)
Personality:
History:
Pokemon Link Species: Golurk
Pokemon Link Name: Duke
Pokemon Link Gender: Male
Pokemon Link Personality:

Is he too overpowered? --I read a bit about Nico, so I made his cestus a stygian iron one. ...I actually wrote those powers down before I even knew Nico had them. I just didn't name it "Shadow Travel", and...Yeah. Is he too overpowered?

Any advice, or...?

doge

???
Years
For a son of Hades, you are definitely not overpowered. At least, in my opinion.

And about the links, they actually have the pokemon, but
Also just to clarify, the Pokemon Links are one with your character, they both share the same soul, are born at the same time, feel the same pain, and will die at the same time.
Hope I helped.

Years
Mmmm. Well, we'll see what our fair DM lady thinks, I suppose.

.........A Golurk would be pretty difficult to house :laugh: well, I'll make it work, somehow. Maybe he just sleeps outside.

Marcus' mother is (or maybe WAS?) a prostitute. Bam. And Marcus will have been thieving/shoplifting and stuff. Yep.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
My 2nd rp ever lol hope this is good

Name: Nero Ginson (often just referred to as N.Gin)
Godly Parent: Hephaestus
Apearance: He almost never leaves the armor except to eat, bathe, fix something, and use the bathroom, so his skin is abit pale. Stands at 5'5 without armor and 8 feet with armor and weighs 155 pounds without armor but weighs 1,150 pounds with armor. He has brown unkempt hair, with almond eyes. Ironically enough, he has a well structured face, and has been considered handsome by the few girls that see him out of armor.

Weapon: He seems to have inherited some of his father's physical weakness. Because of this, he was never very good at fighting of any kind. To offset this weakness, N.Gin created an armor unlike anything ever seen before. Dubbed the TitanBuster, it's an exo-armor, built of impact-resistant carbon composites with a magno-hydraulic pseudomusclature rated at 175 tons meaning he could take and could dish out almost as much as a god. However, this means that the user isn't very flexible, and is very slow-moving. (Think Iron Man's HulkBuster armor for basic design) His ability to create such an armor came from his father. Thanks to the god of forges, Nero can more or less create anything. Cars, weapons, statues, you name it, he can make it or fix it. He can also find the breaking points of anything with a solid crystalline structure. (example: he can find the weakest points in a sword, no matter the quality, and hit them causing it to shatter)

Personality: N.Gin is very focused, a by-product of his time with his spartan pokemon. When he has a goal in mind, not even Hades can stop him from acheiving it. He is used to, and even welcomes, any and all brutal training regiments. However Nero is not a fan of taking charge or being the big flashy hero. He is abit self-concious, about his build, height, and physical weakness, hence he stays in the armor most of the time. That self-conciousness seems to fade away when he's working on something, be it a car, his armor, even the most trivial of trinkets. When it comes to women its tricky, he knows he doesn't have his fathers unfavorable looks, but he is always pure home run or pure strikeout, never an in between.

History: Nero went through life like any other kid with ADHD, didn't do well in school, socially he wasn't much better. However his one passion was creating and fixing things, especially those made of cold hard steel. From broken toys in elementary, to broken cars in high school, to his summer job repairing/restoring artifacts in the Smithsonian when he was 16. For the most part he just went through the motions, not talking much due to his insecurities. One day in his personal forge he found a recipe to build an oddly shaped sword. It was crazy, the materials were nonexistant and the shape could not allow the sword to even cut let alone be wielded as a weapon. But he finished it in two days, upon which Hephaestus arose from the forge and announced with glee that he was truly his son. It was abit of a shock really, THE god of smithing being his dad, but it all made sense. However the visit wasn't just for pleasantries.

"MY SON! YOU ARE ONE THE FEW WHO CAN STOP THIS NEW THREAT, BUT ALAS YOU AND I WERE NEVER THE BEST AT FIGHTING. THERE IS STILL A WAY FOR YOU TO DO YOUR PART!" The god of forges then sat down and helped his son devise an incredible suit of armor, that could take on even Titans in hand to hand combat. It took many harsh days and sleepless nights, but it was eventually completed and christened TitanBuster. "WITH THIS! EVEN TITANS WILL BE WARY OF YOUR STRENGTH!" Once completed, Phanlanx helped N.Gin train with the armor, and after several months he was able fight almost as well as a Spartan. His first test run was when he was ambushed by a minotaur. He managed to hop into his armor and was able to quickly make work of the beast, as it was torn apart by the armors hands. He was invited to Camp Half-Blood, and was known for keeping everything in tip top shape. Weapons, tables, shields, chairs, heck even artificial limbs were always in pristine condition.

Pokemon Link Species: Escavalier
Pokemon Link Name: Phanlanx
Pokemon Link Personality: Phanlanx is as militant as you can get, like the reincarnation of a Spartan general. He constantly pushes N.Gin to get stronger and smarter, waking him up at daylight, and working him till moonlight. However he deeply cares for Nero, as though he were a young Karrablast. He wants to see him grow, both in armored combat and in life outside of the armor, to become an Escavalier in his own right.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Marcus Jones Hayden

Godly Parent: Hades

Appearance: Marcus is 6'1" and very muscular--his arms, legs, abs, pecs, everything is well toned and powerful. He keeps his black hair shaved very tight and short, and maintains a bit of stubble on his face. His skin is olive in tone, and blemish-free. Marcus prefers to wear dark clothing. His usual attire is a black hoodie with its sleeves torn off, a black pair of jeans, and a white pair of sneakers. He wears a silver skull belt buckle.

Weapon: Stygian Iron Cestus (2), Shadow Travel (Can blend in and travel through shadows), Necromancy (Can communicate with the dead and raise a fallen enemy to fight for him)

Personality: Generally very quiet and reclusive, Marcus keeps to himself, and keeps his head down. He tends to be bitter and pessimistic. He has ADHD and Dyslexia. Marcus is easily angered, and will readily resort to violence to get his point across. He has an appreciation for art and music, and tends to lose himself in the latter. He can seem quite distant from others, but he can be charming and even sweet at times--though not often.

History: Markus was born of his then-prostitute and drug addled mother (whose link was an Umbreon) in Vermont, and had no knowledge of who his father was. She raised him alone, and often had to leave him with a friend while she worked. The boy grew up angry and bitter, because of his missing father, and the trade that his mother was in. When Markus was age 9, his mother quit the life of prostitution, and became a janitor at the local library. She also kicked her drug habit; she wanted to be a better mother for Markus, but she also believed she was having bad trips when she saw great, one eyed monsters, and all sorts of horrors. The truth of that matter was that she had the ability to see through the mist, and she was *actually* seeing monsters, though neither she or Markus would realize it. Markus was constantly in trouble at school, and was transferred to several different ones after being expelled multiple times--usually, due to fights at school.

Markus was burglarizing homes, vandalizing property, and shoplifting, though rarely got caught, and when he did, managed to get away. When he was 14, he was scarred for life when he came home to see his mother being killed by a Harpy who had disguised itself as one of her clients. When it turned to Markus, the entire city shook, the shockwaves centered on Markus' apartment. The floor split open, and a hulking, ghastly figure emerged from the ground, darkening the entire room with its presence. With a menacing sword forged from some dark, evil metal, the figure effortlessly cleaved the Harpy in two. Markus was immobilized by fear, especially when the figure spoke to him in a deep, thundering voice.

"MAAAAARKUSSSSS. DOOO NOT SPEAK. OPEN YOUR EARS, AND YOUR MIND. I AM HADES, LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD, KING OF THE DEAD--AND YOU WERE BORN OF MY SEED, FOURTEEN YEARS AGO. I WAS NOT SOON ENOUGH TO SAVE YOUR MOTHER, BUT YOU YET REMAIN--FOR A PURPOSE. A WAR IS UPON US." So explained Hades to Markus of his heritage, his gifts, and his future. As quickly as he had come, Hades departed, returning to the Underworld, but not before bestowing unto Markus a pair of Cesti, forged of Stygian iron. The apartment complex shortly thereafter crumbled, killing all within. It was believed that Markus, too, was among the victims of this swift and terrible earthquake--but he and his Pokemon had left before the collapse.

Markus spent the next four years of his life training at Camp Half-Blood with his link, Brutus, honing their skills for the battles to come.

Pokemon Link Species: Golurk
Pokemon Link Name: Brutus
Pokemon Link Personality: Above all, Brutus is protective. At the slightest whiff of danger to his master, this Golurk will strike to kill. He cares deeply for Markus, but little for anyone else--he will protect the other demigods, but his master comes first and foremost.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
PkmnRangerJ: Great sign up :3 I see no problems with it, I'm gonna accept you, but could you please just add a single sighting of something no one else has seen before? If you could that would be great but you are accepted.

Baloth: I really like your character there is just one thing you need to fix with your sign up. In following with the Percy Jackson series only special mortals can see through the mist enough to be harmed by the monsters, and example of this is Luke's mother. So unless your characters mother has that ability, which if she does please mention in your sign up, she can't have been killed by a Harpy.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Baloth: yeah that's fine :3 your accepted now.

also to everyone else, I had completely forgotten about the rare ability for mortals to see through the mist lol, I'm glad I did more research before reviewing the last two sign ups.

Also, two more sign ups and I'll submit the IC thread, we'll do some stuff in camp, but won't start the main quest until all 14 spots are filled, so if you know someone looking for a great rp :3 share this with them.

Another thing :3 I just noticed my character is still the one who's been in camp the longest, that actually works out in our favor though, since she's been in camp the longest she'll be in charge of the group, which works out because I'm the GM and know what's gonna happen when.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
It just turned out that way, but I'm glad it did in a way, hopefully it might make things a little easier on my end.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
If I thought Markus was overpowered I would have asked you to fix some things, and I'll have some twists to throw in randomly, special things the enemies can use to make one power for each character useless, make one character at random not be able to fight that sort of stuff.

Years
Okie dokie! Was just askin' to make sure. ...Besides, he can't Shadow Travel if there aren't any shadows, and he can't raise the dead or speak to them if there are no corpses. I imagine there might be some ghosts or something, so he could be able to speak to them or something. But yup! Sounds good. Can't wait for more people to join, and for this to start. :D

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back