• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bug Club -- That flyswatter wont do you any good!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Sorry I totally forgot to explain why I can't do showdown last night @_@ spoiler'd it here.
Spoiler:

Anyways! On that bug combo typing topic; I'd love to see a Bug / Dragon too; perhaps mega Flygon. Besides the aforementioned Bug/Water and Bug/Ground as well. I would like to see, even though we already have examples of this, another Bug/Ghost, and a Bug/Fire type. I want a Bug/Ghost that's not Shedinja basically :P just about anything's fine. And for another Bug/Fire, I'd like to take advantage of fire type's immunity to burns, to see it be a physical attacker; as opposed to Volcarona, being special. That'd be neat I think :3

Oo; and while we're there - Bug/Dark, and Bug/Psychic :3

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 12, 2014
PC Username: Mitsuo
Partner Pokemon : Leavanny
Nickname: Hiki
Reason of joining: I really like bug pokemon! Most aren't the toughest pokemon, but their designs are very interesting and I love using them in battle!
Answer a topic: "What was the best gen for bug type pokemon?" I personally think Gen 5 was the best for bug types. In this gen, we got many bug type pokemon and even got a Legendary Pokemon that was half Bug type!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
There's a new Bug-type club? I didn't realize the old one was over o_O No matter.

PC Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon:
pinsir-mega.gif

Reason of joining: Bugs are awesome. I love how they can take out Psychic and Dark-types and many of them have a decent array of moves at their disposal, including Sleep.

What's the coolest/best bug type move or ability?
Megahorn is awesome because it just wrecks stuff. I also like X-scissor because it's a cool concept for an attack.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
There's a new Bug-type club? I didn't realize the old one was over o_O No matter.

PC Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon:
pinsir-mega.gif

Reason of joining: Bugs are awesome. I love how they can take out Psychic and Dark-types and many of them have a decent array of moves at their disposal, including Sleep.

What's the coolest/best bug type move or ability?
Megahorn is awesome because it just wrecks stuff. I also like X-scissor because it's a cool concept for an attack.

Everything looks good, but you can't choose a mega as your starter pokemon. You have to buy it with prize points.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Uhhh, I'll just take Heracross then. It doesn't state in the rules that you can't pick a Legendary or Mega, only when you read about the stuff you can buy (which, I didn't, because I honestly will probably not buy anything anyway).

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Okay, I'll add you to the list. Also, money has been appropriately distributed! Also, this club is getting awfully quiet... would someone like to suggest a topic?

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Okay, I'll add you to the list. Also, money has been appropriately distributed! Also, this club is getting awfully quiet... would someone like to suggest a topic?

I had been waiting for some more people to respond, since I had already given my two sense. But, since everybody seems to have gone into hiding, I might as well say SOMETHING.

I recently started replaying Pokemon Black, Bug Monotype style. So far I'm at the Desert Resort, and have a Swadloon, a Whirlipede, and a Dwebble. The fight with Bianca before Route 4 was a PAIN with her Pignite, had to spam Super Potions and Poison Tail it with Whirlipede. I lost at least 8 times to that oversized hunk of ham.

Have you guys had any really good or really bad experiences with using Bug types?

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Count me in.

Name: Ultraviolence
Partner Pokemon: Masquerian
Reason for Joining: Bug types have always been one of my favourite types, they're so cute and cool. Very underrated imo. Everyone just sees Scizor and Volcarona and forget the rest.
Answer Topic: Best move/ability
Best move for me is probably Bug Buzz. Such a great move especially with that STAB bonus. Coolest ability... Tinted Lens? I mean, not very effective attacks hitting harder regardless is pretty good.

I agree, everyone just sees Volcorona and Scizor and the rest are trash... approveD!
Any nickname for the masquerain?

Years
Yoo, this is AWESOME I love bug Pokemon!

PC Username: wimpymuzik

Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Caterpie! Watching the anime as a kid and seeing Ash's Caterpie evolve from an awkward, tiny little bug into a graceful butterfly (While dreaming the whole time of one day becoming just that.) really spoke to me as a kid. It gave me hope that one day maybe I could become what I aspired to be as long as I worked hard enough. Plus, the sheer adorableness of Caterpie, I mean come on!

Reason of joining: I love Bug-Type Pokemon simply because I can't help but root for the underdog. In the games you encounter them early and they usually evolve at lower levels so as a trainer you grow with them as well, and really get to spend almost as much time with them as you do your Starter.

Answer Topic: Best move/ability: Welp, Caterpie himself has a pretty limited move pool so I'll have to go with Signal Beam- 100 percent accuracy,and just look at that in game animation from Gen III on, so cool. Just a shame Caterpie can't learn it... As for ability I'd have to go with Shield Dust. Though it is a common ability in Bug-types it can be extremely useful during a Nuzlocke run.

Thank you! Hope I get accepted!

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
PC Username: silverwind93
Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Dustox
Reason of joining: It took me a few generations to really start to appreciate the Bugs. The first one I used was Dustox in Sapphire and ever since, I have gradually started to use them more and more. I wish that more people would give them a chance, because they can be a lot of fun to use.
What is your favorite bug pokemon? Dustox, without a doubt. I love his design (especially all the little details), dual-typing and moveset. I find that many of my favorite Pokemon are some of the most overlooked, and Dustox is no exception. Oh, and he looks wonderful in 3D!
Dustox_XY.gif

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Hi guys, Im going to be gone for the next ten or so days, and Polar Spectrum, the co-owner has the ability to approve new members. He wont be able to add you to the list, but nonetheless, approve you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also silverwind93 and wimymuzik are approve, but I dont have the time to add them to the list.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Sorry I haven't been active lately. Anyway, to answer a topic....

What's Your Favorite Bug Move/Ability?

It has to be the badass Megahorn! With that power, Dark types, Grass types, and Psychic types won't even have time to scream when a Megahorn sends them to oblivion! Especially coming from a Heracross! With that bug move, even flying types better beware of it!

As for Ability, I'd say Swarm. I know, the classic. So what? If my fire moves didn't finish off a Scizor, then it will survive in the red zone. Swarm activates and kills my poor Flareon with X-Scissors! I'm like oh well... Swarm is awesome!

Have you guys had any really good or really bad experiences with using Bug types?

Now that's not a hard question.

The Good: Masquerain kills Golem with Bubble Beam
Volcarona's Fiery Dance kills her 100th victim in White 2
Heracross kills his 50th flying type with Megahorn
Scizor beats Bugsy 7 streaks without switching

The Bad: Stone Edge from Golem kills Volcarona always
Butterfree dies 10 times in a row
Gardevoir survived and killed Beedrill
Staraptor kills Heracross with Brave Bird against big rival battle with Barry

Yep. My shines and darkness.

Years
Hello all ^^
PC Username: Dodo Hunter
Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Shedinja - Wisp
Reason of joining: I always liked bug pokemon, they are really good early game and are even still useful towards the end of your adventure :) When I got my first pokemon game (Platinum) I got a Kricketot as fast as I could, they are cute and when they evolve they have moustaches! My love of Shedinja comes from a Heart Gold randomizer I did a while ago and I found a wild one and thought to myself that it would be cool to try one out. Ever since it has been one of my favourite pokemon, even if it is a little fragile at times ;)
Which is your least favorite bug type pokemon and why?
Metapod.
Harden.
Enough said.​

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Hello all ^^
PC Username: Dodo Hunter
Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Shedinja - Wisp
Reason of joining: I always liked bug pokemon, they are really good early game and are even still useful towards the end of your adventure :) When I got my first pokemon game (Platinum) I got a Kricketot as fast as I could, they are cute and when they evolve they have moustaches! My love of Shedinja comes from a Heart Gold randomizer I did a while ago and I found a wild one and thought to myself that it would be cool to try one out. Ever since it has been one of my favourite pokemon, even if it is a little fragile at times ;)
Which is your least favorite bug type pokemon and why?
Metapod.
Harden.
Enough said.​

Welcome ^^ SuperEspeon asked me to accept people and stuff since I believe he/she is away from the internet for a bit, glad to have you :D Shedinja's a pretty neat pick for a bug partner. lol Metapod. Hey, it is the cocoon of destruction though.

And how's about a new topic guys, are you hoping for any particular bug-type megas in the newest games coming out? Are there any megas you think will become bug types? (megaflygon)

Years
So, mega bug types eh?
Right...
I am going to push the boat out and say that Volcarona have a mega form would be amazing! I also think that Galvantula having a mega would be cool ;)
I agree with the mega Flyfon but that would be super over powered xD

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Flygon rules! So since there is already a bug ground, Mega Flygon can be a dragon bug! Totally cool! I would like Mega Volcarona too! Same type, as long as they make that bug more deadlier! And why not a Mega Butterfree? You just can't be the classic... Is there anyone else that could become a bug? Not really.

Back