• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Dragon Duo Type

Which type should go with dragon pokemon?

• Total voters

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I'm a curious person okay. It's just that I love dragon pokemon by far, of course next to Fire and Ground types. My brother brought in a good question the other day. He was like which type should be added to dragon to make it the ultimate pokemon of all. It's a bunch of variables to consider, from types to moves to range and all that stuff. So one solution came to my mind; let's see what Pokemon Community thinks about this.

So out of the combinations above, which one do you think will make the ultimate dragon pokemon? For obvious reasons I only posted certain types and if there's a type you want, well just click other and tell why. For me, this Fairy Dragon business by Altaria sounds very promising, but everyone thinks differently. And go!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As far as weaknesses go, I would say dragon-steel and dragon-water are two of the best combinations, as they both have only two weaknesses. For former, it's fighting and ground, I believe, and for latter, it's fairy and dragon itself. Nothing more. If you ask me, weaknesses play a major role when it comes to battling and whatnot; less you have, the better.

As for bad combinations, those have got to be dragon-psychic and dragon-rock. If I'm not mistaken, both of them are weak against six different types, which is a lot!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I agree with Ashley on this. The typing with the least weaknesses as well as the most resistances is generally the best to go by. In this case, Dragon/Steel is weak to only Fighting and Ground as well as resists Bug, Electric, Flying, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, and Water (Grass is bolded because of double resistance). That'll be just 2 weaknesses and a whopping 9 resistances all in all! This means that Dialga has a huge advantage in a battle that doesn't have Fighting or Ground-type opponents. Lucky Time Lord (literally! haha).

Years
I'm with Amanda on this one - I like the Dragon/Steel-type, as it gives it some nice resistances including getting rid of all of Dragon's key weaknesses, and having something to use against Fairy-types.

And speaking of Dragon/Psychic, I know some people said in Generation III that Lati@s had one of the best type combinations out there, but nowadays it doesn't considering the abundance of moves like physical Ice and Dragon attacks, where back then they weren't as common to worry about.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
Dragon/Steel, period.[/thread] Kiss most of its weaknesses goodbye, because Metagross and Bronzong cannot even top the superiority that's Dialga (even if his stats are brought down to OU level).

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
It figures everyone would say Dialga. Mainly because despite the addition of fairy, he still has only 2 weaknesses, and they're not even uber-effective! I mean sure he lost his resistance to dark and ghost types, but that Time God still stands at the top dog of them all. Type advantages are everything after all, or at least mostly everything!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
Mega-Flygon for Dragon/Steel type pls.

It's pretty evident what the best type is.

Dragon/Fairy would have a good move pool, though. And it'd be pretty sick.

Years
Without even considering weaknesses and resistances, I have to go with the majority here and vote for Dragon/Steel type. I know we've already got Dialga for this, but I'd like to see another Pokemon with this combo at some point, just because I think there's so much potential with it.

Other than that, Dragon/Ice and Dragon/Fairy would be up there as my favorites, too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Like everyone else said as for actual weaknesses dragon/steel

BUT for what is aesthetically pleasing and would be perfectly cute yet bad ass I would say dragon/fairy. Plus I'm more of an attacker than a defender and I would prefer to be able to hit hard on fighting and dark types with a dual fairy dragon than to hit hard on ice and rock with a dual steel dragon.

Sirfetch’d

I voted for Dragon/Fairy as it is sort of the anti-Dragon type haha. Really just a combination of two of my favorite types and counters a lot of dragons really well. Can't wait to use Mega Altaria because of this!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Seeing Mega Altaria really made me changed my mind about a Dragon/Fairy. The less weaknesses, the better! Plus, that would be a total dragon slayer for sure!

For a Mega Flygon, I would actually expect it to have either a Dragon Bug combo or still the same Dragon Ground it was. Any mega fairy is there to be dreaded, and like stated before, a dragon fairy is sick!

Back