• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 829 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 814 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Oh my god, the quality is so amazing that one could confuse this one as an original pokemon game that came out inbetween 4th gen and 5th gen. It's simply fantastic, I'm lost for words. I hope it will be a good one, not only visually and musically, but in the gameplay-wise as well. Btw, you have the best soundtrack I've heard among the fanmade pokemon games as of yet. I wonder if you are spending any money in the creation of this game, it looks very professional.
Seriously, fuck insurgence.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
When I firstly saw your project I was undecided either I'd choose Fernling or Kittorch. Now those shinies cleared my doubts: TeamKittorch all day, baby!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
Is it just me, or does Bubull look like he's wearing a diaper? That's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I just want to pick him up and cuddle him!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 26, 2016
Been lurking about for a while now... This is worth my first post.

Have been slowly building the story of my own game for a while when I saw there wasn't any genuine properly thought out games in the scene. None of the other games/hacks are worth anything when compared to this, this is simply on another level and similar to what I would want to one day make.

New games need to be unique and different while capturing the spirit of the original Pokemon, something which the newer generations failed miserably.

If the 8 Gyms and Elite 4 are retained (as most games do) then fakemon are a must and they must be extremely high quality, something which you are nailing.

Interested to see more mechanics as that is what will truly make or break the game.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

pp_logo_by_siraquakip-d8tc7kd.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW MUSIC!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Music for Apalis Town!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
This game is going to be AMAZING. The cartoon like style looks awesome and the three starters are so freakin' adorable and cool looking.
I am curious though, will there be a beta release or will it be released all at once when the game is finished?

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
Oh wow, I love how this is turning out! The game looks amazing, and the Pokémon are well-designed to me. I can't wait to play the demo!

Years
Hey! just wanted to tell you that you didn't add credits ( i think you forgot it? ) to Luka S.J for his Elite Battle 2015 and me ( i guess you are using my menu? ) for the menu script. looking forward to the game :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Amazing graphics, and those are some very sweet Fakemons and character images/sprites you got there.

Years
I think I've said it before, but this is just so good an it makes me feel very jealous! I tried to find something to give feedback or CC on, but I honestly can't find anything! I can't wait for the demo!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 16, 2017
Just making sure, I have to pay 50 bucks to get RPG maker to play this, correct?

Back