• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
Done the demo it was good. I like the choices and the fact that I be something other than straight-laced all the time. When do you plan on introducing the water stone (or at least a place to buy it, I need my Ludicolo otherwise Lombre is useless af.) Is Larvesta's evolution level still going to be 59 or will you lower it (I don't have a problem with either.) Also is it possible for you to introduce a Wild Pokemon list? Basically telling us what pokemon are located in what route? For my last question, when do you think the next update will be out and what will feature in this update?

Good job on the game by the way.

Glad you thought it was good! If you've finished the demo you can actually get a waterstone by talking to the guy who wants to see a panpour at the bottom of route 304. Aside from that I plan on having them for sale in Squall city, which is where the 5th gym will be.

As for larvesta, I'll be honest with you, I had planned on lowering the evolution level to 49 before I released the game, but even as things are larvesta is the most popular starter from what I've seen. The only reason not to pick it is that it levels up so late, so as things stand I'll probably leave it as it is. I do reserve the right to change my mind depending on how the game ends up progressing.

And your last question, I won't say when I want to have the next demo out, but I will say it's definitely not eminent. For sure I want it to go through at least badge 5. I'd say there's a moderate chance it goes through the 6th badge, and it's highly unlikely but not impossible it goes through badge 7. The second demo WILL formally introduce mega evolution.

Years
Glad you thought it was good! If you've finished the demo you can actually get a waterstone by talking to the guy who wants to see a panpour at the bottom of route 304. Aside from that I plan on having them for sale in Squall city, which is where the 5th gym will be.

As for Larvesta, I'll be honest with you, I had planned on lowering the evolution level to 49 before I released the game, but even as things are Larvesta is the most popular starter from what I've seen. The only reason not to pick it is that it levels up so late, so as things stand I'll probably leave it as it is. I do reserve the right to change my mind depending on how the game ends up progressing.

And your last question, I won't say when I want to have the next demo out, but I will say it's definitely not eminent. For sure I want it to go through at least badge 5. I'd say there's a moderate chance it goes through the 6th badge, and it's highly unlikely but not impossible it goes through badge 7. The second demo WILL formally introduce mega evolution.

Yeah the demo was really good. For sure one of the best I have played. It's definitely on that list and I have played tons. I'll probably wait until I can get to the fifth gym, not trying to play the game again until it is updated. I just want to wait until I can continue on with the story.

Larvesta is definitely the most popular starter by far. He is the harder choice to have gone with in my opinion because his move leveling is scarce and he's pretty weak. I power levelled mine so there's no problem. I'm cool with any decision you make regarding him tbh.

I'm looking forward to your next release, it was a really good game. However you missed a question that I desperately would like an answer to as this is something I have found some games do and I liked it. Will you release a wild pokemon list for each route/place where you can find pokemon or is that not something you would like for Alabaster?

Regardless, good job on the game and keep it up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
I was just wondering if you could upload the game to a mirror site? Mega wants me to download it's extension, and I'm not too comfortable in doing that.

Alababal

Years
Yeah the demo was really good. For sure one of the best I have played. It's definitely on that list and I have played tons. I'll probably wait until I can get to the fifth gym, not trying to play the game again until it is updated. I just want to wait until I can continue on with the story.

Larvesta is definitely the most popular starter by far. He is the harder choice to have gone with in my opinion because his move leveling is scarce and he's pretty weak. I power levelled mine so there's no problem. I'm cool with any decision you make regarding him tbh.

I'm looking forward to your next release, it was a really good game. However you missed a question that I desperately would like an answer to as this is something I have found some games do and I liked it. Will you release a wild pokemon list for each route/place where you can find pokemon or is that not something you would like for Alabaster?

Regardless, good job on the game and keep it up.

Oh sorry about that here's a link to a list with the pokémon available. If you have a file in the game folder or in the (!) folder titled pokemon list, that's the same thing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4kmQynYrMpjoOpdem0i45epkIOAxEpDR3IO20U3gEU/edit?usp=sharing

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Hey, I'm on my most recet playthrough of the game and after finishing the secret mission at the Team Celestial Hideout, back at the Nyejo Academy Principal's room, my game freezes after Cirrus attempts to leave the room. I've been having quite a few other bugs such as an error message that pops up when my Vigoroth is in a double battle that prevents any other Pokemon from taking actions (Super overpowered bug xD!).

I've tried reloading the game from my previous saves and fighting admin Black or w/e several times now, but I keep freezing in the President's room. Any suggestions or bug fixes that I can try?

Alababal

Years
Hey, I'm on my most recet playthrough of the game and after finishing the secret mission at the Team Celestial Hideout, back at the Nyejo Academy Principal's room, my game freezes after Cirrus attempts to leave the room. I've been having quite a few other bugs such as an error message that pops up when my Vigoroth is in a double battle that prevents any other Pokemon from taking actions (Super overpowered bug xD!).

I've tried reloading the game from my previous saves and fighting admin Black or w/e several times now, but I keep freezing in the President's room. Any suggestions or bug fixes that I can try?

This problem has come up a couple of times, only to some people, and I'm not sure why it happens. I'm trying to address it in the next bug fix update, which I want to have out in the next day or two. I have no way of knowing if my changes will fix anything though since it doesn't happen to me. If you like you can email your save file (which is in your saved games folder separate from the rest of the game) to me at [email protected] and I can get past that part easily. Nothing happens after Cirrus leaves, so you wouldn't be missing anything. Or you can wait until I upload the bug fixes for the demo, which will hopefully be within the next day or two at the most, and try it to see if it works.

Alababal

Years
Ok so I've updated the download link to version 0.4.7, which should contain the following bug fixes:

~Fixed the passability of some tiles, particularly around the autumn/deep wood.

~Changed the level voltorb gets sonic boom from 4 to 8.(I did this in 0.4.5, but it got reverted in 0.4.6)

~Made it so that if you interact with the magnemite in the first gym it shouldn't freeze your game

~The trainer on route 302 that sometimes blocked the way when you get the Cut HM shouldn't block the way anymore.

~The guy in the Camp Crew who says he'll give you an itemfinder actually gives you one now. If you didn't get an itemfinder you can talk to him now and he'll give you one.

~Tried to fix where the game freezes up after the second Celestial raid, when Cirrus is walking away when you guys are in the Headmaster's office. You guys will have to tell me if it actually worked or not.

There are some other tweaks, but there is no new content. I'll probably have some new screenshots for you later this week.

Edit: Actually there is some new content. You should be able to have rematches against the first gym leader after the end of the first demo, if you wanted to train. The level cap is still 44 through this demo though. I haven't tested the demo in a while so if anything goes wrong please post it here. Thanks all of you who have tried my game so far. I'm glad so many have had fun playing it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Hey Alababal

I installed the patch, but I think it messed my save file up even more. I went ahead and emailed you my file to see what you could do with it. I don't have a preference on where you end up having to put me, even if I lose out on some EXP. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
A fast question,are ur choices connected with the event of the bike?I mean if u choose one of the two options force u to buy the bike instead of getting it for free.
P.S pretty badly explained,tried to avoid the spoilers for the rest of the players who havent reached that point yet.

Alababal

Years
Hey, I installed the game but when I click twice to open it nothing happens..

This problem has really been coming up a lot. I have no idea why it wouldn't open but I'll keep looking to see if I can fine a reason why.

A fast question,are ur choices connected with the event of the bike?I mean if u choose one of the two options force u to buy the bike instead of getting it for free.
P.S pretty badly explained,tried to avoid the spoilers for the rest of the players who havent reached that point yet.

Nope. Lots of the choices I give affect things. Even ones that don't seem to change things immediately can affect things later down the line. But there are also some that really don't do anything but try to throw you on your guard. If you're talking about the choice I think you are, it's one of those choices that does absolutely nothing (except changing what Cirrus has to say slightly). None of the choices in the game affects how the bike shop works.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
Hi! I downloaded the demo a couple of days ago and have been completely hooked ever since! This is literally one of the best fan-made games I've played, and it's really refreshing how it breaks a lot of conventional formulas (such as by having the academy as the starting point of the game). The 6th gen sprites are such an amazing thing to have instead of the normal static sprites that we usually get. The overworld looks fantastic and the soundtrack is simply gorgeous!! (Even though as a Mac user I had to delete some audio files in order for the game to run which is a bummer. But that's of course an issue with Wine rather than the game itself.) The story is also really strong, and the dialogues are very well-written, although there is the occasional spelling mistake here and there, and the Pokemon species are always uncapitalised in NPC speech bubbles for some reason. But this mostly stands out because the rest of the game is just so freaking flawless.

Then I ran into this bug that caused my save file to crash.
Spoiler:

Is there any way you could unfreeze me from this bug and salvage my save file (if I sent it to your email address or something)? I would be incredibly thankful, I ADORE this demo so far and I'd really hate to lose hours and hours worth of progress...

Alababal

Years
Hi! I downloaded the demo a couple of days ago and have been completely hooked ever since! This is literally one of the best fan-made games I've played, and it's really refreshing how it breaks a lot of conventional formulas (such as by having the academy as the starting point of the game). The 6th gen sprites are such an amazing thing to have instead of the normal static sprites that we usually get. The overworld looks fantastic and the soundtrack is simply gorgeous!! (Even though as a Mac user I had to delete some audio files in order for the game to run which is a bummer. But that's of course an issue with Wine rather than the game itself.) The story is also really strong, and the dialogues are very well-written, although there is the occasional spelling mistake here and there, and the Pokemon species are always uncapitalised in NPC speech bubbles for some reason. But this mostly stands out because the rest of the game is just so freaking flawless.

Then I ran into this bug that caused my save file to crash.
Spoiler:

Is there any way you could unfreeze me from this bug and salvage my save file (if I sent it to your email address or something)? I would be incredibly thankful, I ADORE this demo so far and I'd really hate to lose hours and hours worth of progress...
Oh that's a new error, and I'm not sure why it would happen. I hope it's not associated with the current demo...

Yeah send me the save file at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do. Aaand just in case you didn't know the save file is in the saved games folder.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 11, 2019
hey man, just wanted to say that i very much enjoyed your game! i honestly wasn't expecting much in the beginning, but once the story started to kick in i was hooked. i must say you have an eye for the aesthetics of the overworld and the music choice is unparalleled. truly a phenomenal demo and i'm eager to see where you're going to take this. also may i suggest incorporating multiple save files in the next release? since i'm forced to make some major and minor decisions that impact the overall storyline, i'd like to get to know what it would be like if i made the other choice. also your game is really immersive so i wouldn't doubt that people wouldn't play it again. i thought the triple triad sidequest was a really cool element you added and the gyms are actually somewhat challenging which i definitely appreciate. all i regret is contracting pokerus from the victini which made training a real breeze :/ also just some miscellaneous questions if you don't mind. the hp yielded from fresh water soda pop and lemonade make the actual items more useless than potions. it costs more yet heal less which im confused about, so why not have it the way it usually is and/or raise the price? the marts are also selling me top brand items even though i barely have any badges, not sure if that's intentional or not. also does the ability pick up work or not? i've been battling a lot of traners but i've gotten no items so was just wondering if i'm that unlucky. finally can we expect a move deleter/relearner any time soon? regardless, i can tell you put in a lot of effort into this and hope you get the recognition you deserve, cheers.

Last edited:

Alababal

Years
hey man, just wanted to say that i very much enjoyed your game! i honestly wasn't expecting much in the beginning, but once the story started to kick in i was hooked. i must say you have an eye for the aesthetics of the overworld and the music choice is unparalleled. truly a phenomenal demo and i'm eager to see where you're going to take this. also may i suggest incorporating multiple save files in the next release? since i'm forced to make some major and minor decisions that impact the overall storyline, i'd like to get to know what it would be like if i made the other choice. also your game is really immersive so i wouldn't doubt that people wouldn't play it again. i thought the triple triad sidequest was a really cool element you added and the gyms are actually somewhat challenging which i definitely appreciate. all i regret is contracting pokerus from the victini which made training a real breeze :/ also just some miscellaneous questions if you don't mind. the hp yielded from fresh water soda pop and lemonade make the actual items more useless than potions. it costs more yet heal less which im confused about, so why not have it the way it usually is and/or raise the price? the marts are also selling me top brand items even though i barely have any badges, not sure if that's intentional or not. also does the ability pick up work or not? i've been battling a lot of traners but i've gotten no items so was just wondering if i'm that unlucky. finally can we expect a move deleter/relearner any time soon? regardless, i can tell you put in a lot of effort into this and hope you get the recognition you deserve, cheers.

Victini? Where did you see a victini? Also marts shouldn't be selling you top brand things. The selection should be pretty limited.

The lemonade/water/soda pop
Spoiler:

I've never actually tested pickup so I have no idea if it works or not. I'll look in to it though. The pick up chart is altered a bit if you didn't know, but it shouldn't affect how often it works.

I've already planned where the move deleter and relearner are... and I don't know if I'd say they're close. They'll be in the same town that you get your 7th badge in, so probably won't make it into the next demo.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 11, 2019
it might be because im playing version 0.4.6 and forgot to update it, but i got the victini from mystery gift after filling out the form in the mart. also i have access to ultra balls, revives, full restores, etc. but probably bcs im on an older version. thanks for the quick reply.

Back