The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase Progressing Games
Developing Pokemon Journey

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

Old May 14th, 2017 (4:10 AM). Edited December 1st, 2017 by PokemonJourney.

Hi everybody, I'm here to introduce you to Pokemon Journey a game done with RPG Maker XP, and based of Pokemon essentials. So what is Pokemon Journey?

Pokemon Journey is a remake of the johto/Kanto region with a big fat twist.
    Every pokemon has been modify, and the max level is now 4. This is done so that you will quickly reach max level, and so you will never outlevel the game, additionally, since every pokemon have had their stats and moveset changed, every pokemon is now viable for your team.
    Another important thing to note is that you choose where you want to start your adventure, no linear, take my hand please game. Right now, it is actually in V0.3.2 wich mean only Tryad island and Johto from New Bark Town to Azalea Town (second gym) is finished.
    The plot will be based of the one of the gold and silver game, with a few modifications.

Hope you'll have fun with it!

Feature List:
    Spoiler:
    Max level is now 4
    This is done so you will never outlevel old zones, additionally, this allow you to do gyms in the order you choose.

Wild pokemon can be level 1 to 3, level 3 pokemon will of course be rare.
    Every pokemon are catchable in the wild or in one time events.

Most pokemon learn 4 moves by levels.
    Every fully evolved pokemon have 600 total based stats, but Legendary, who will have more, and a few exceptions (like Slaking who have more), this have been done so every pokemon is a viable option for your team.
    A lot of pokemon that didn't use physical or Special attack have had the corresponding stat decreased so the points could be redistributed to stat that they use.
    A few pokemon have been totally reworked, like Dunsparce who... You'll see.

Different pokemon will level up at different speed, you can expect it to take 6 times less time to fully train a caterpie lv 1 to a butterfree lv 4 than to train a Dratini lv 1 to a Dragonite Lv 4

Some evolutionnary line have been tweaked (like Seaking and Goldeen who are now to separate pokemon with 600 base stats, with goldeen being a special sweeper and seaking a bulky physical attacker, or Eevee who is now as strong as its evolutions, and that evolve only trhough stone)
    If a pokemon evolve with a stone it always means that the evolution will not get an increase in stats, but that the stats will be redistributed, his typing changed, his abilities changed, or a combination of those.

Some Pokemon have different type.
    Normal Type is now resistant to Psychic Dark and Fairy

Nuzlocke ans Semi Nuzlocke mode are in the game.
    I have added Nuzlocke mode only cause peoples asked for it, but since there is no way to outlevel your ennemies, Nuzlocke mode is almost impossible. However, Semi Nuzlocke bring the restriction on catching of Nuzlocke, without killing your Pokemon when they feint, I suggest you play in Semi Nuzlocke if you like the Nuzlocke feeling.

HM are now deletable via normal mean.
    You get the ability to Surf and light dark places at the start of the game with two Items named the Little Boat and the Lantern that replace the HM Surf and Flash.

No fakemon, but new pokemon form (Tryad Form Crobat wich is dark steel with levitate, different stats and moveset) and new Mega too, cause yes, mega evolution is a thing.

You can choose where you want to begin your adventure (4 choices so far) You will get different starter and game experience depending on wich place you begin.
    If you are new to this game, I'll recommend beginning in the Tryad Island.

This game take place in Johto, but the region has been heavily modified and some tottaly new zone are here as well.

My goal is to redo in better every zone of the official pokemon games, beginning with Johto, then Kanto, then Hoen or Sinnoh, then Hoen or Sinnoh, and I have not decided yet what will be next.

While you will mostly encounter pokemon from the region you are in, some pokemon from other gens will be obtainable from either rare encounters, events, or trade with NPC.

A flight service has been added to every major city, it can take you to any city you already visited.
    (You still can use your Pokemon to fly if you have one who has it.)

318 Pokemons are in the game already.

Link of the gallery:

CREDITS:
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon Essentials, Luka S.J, Thundaga, -FL-, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, Dragoon, Speedialga, Kyledove, NX-KUN, Furs The Fox, Dazz, Pokeanalyze, Kosheh, Phasma, Princess-Phoenix, Hexentanz, JV, M3rein, Mej71, Alucus, Vendily, JustKenneth thank you a lot.

DOWNLOAD:
    Spoiler:
    Before you download, remember that I cannot guarantee that you will be able to keep your save file when upgrading your game, but I really appreciate it if you do decide to try it out know, since more peoples try my game, more I'll have feedback and will be able to make it better.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6zleu1r05fnncb9/Pokemon+Journey+V0.3.2.rar

CONTACT

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 26th, 2017 (5:34 AM). Edited May 26th, 2017 by PokemonJourney.

V0.2 is out, here's what's changed:
      Starter Pokemons have been changed to be all baby pokemons but togepi, which you obtain anyway a bit later.

Johto from New Bark Town to Violet City is now into the game.

268 Pokemons are already into the games, almost all of them obtainable (something like 250 I guess).

You can now expect 4 hour of gameplay, a lot more if you take your time to catch a lot of pokemons and explore everything.

This times all files are into the download link, so you can use anything of my game for yours, this is deliberate.
      If you do want to uses stuff of my game, please credit the people I myself have credited for my game, since it uses a lot of art/custom script, etc, from other peoples, and it is only normal that they are credited,.
      I myself, doesn't give a damn about being credited.
      Old May 26th, 2017 (6:27 AM).
      novice scripter

Nature: Jolly
        level 4 seems kinda low but it is a new idea anyways, kinda cool too.
        Old May 26th, 2017 (8:24 AM).

Nature: Quirky
        this kind of reminds me of a World of Warcraft project that lowers the level cap to 10. Interesting, innovative, and potentially worth a shot in the future. Good luck!
        Old May 26th, 2017 (9:30 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by megaman d View Post
          level 4 seems kinda low but it is a new idea anyways, kinda cool too.
          I actually was thinking of removing totally the leveling system and make them learn moves via TM only, and evolve trough friendship and stone alone, but I changed my mind when I realized this would make wild encounter a pain.
          So you see, not so low, the level cap almost have been 1 ^^
          Old May 26th, 2017 (9:31 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
            this kind of reminds me of a World of Warcraft project that lowers the level cap to 10. Interesting, innovative, and potentially worth a shot in the future. Good luck!
            Thanks a lot man!
            I hope you will have fun with the game when you'll play it!
            Old May 28th, 2017 (3:29 AM).

So wait, are mons just restricted to 4 new moves (not including TMs)? That's not much to work with normally, since that's pretty much working with only one set viable. I would understand having something like a move-relearner or move tutor later in the game to get more powerful moves for each mon, although there would need to be a quite a few move tutors.

Then again, this seems like it's supposed to be a short game, so it might not be necessary.
              Old May 28th, 2017 (2:42 PM).
              Praise the sun!

I just started off, and I already found a bug. It seems that you can't pick Elekid as a starter, as it just skips to the the next set of 3 instead. The game seems quite interesting, because it sure is different than any fan game I have ever played with 4 being the max level and all.
                Old May 29th, 2017 (2:09 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by seki108 View Post
                  So wait, are mons just restricted to 4 new moves (not including TMs)? That's not much to work with normally, since that's pretty much working with only one set viable. I would understand having something like a move-relearner or move tutor later in the game to get more powerful moves for each mon, although there would need to be a quite a few move tutors.

Then again, this seems like it's supposed to be a short game, so it might not be necessary.
                  Pokemons learn 16 moves (4 by level) and more with TM, move tutor will be a thing too.
                  There is a few exception where pokemons learn a bit more or less, the caterpie line only learn 14, the skitty one (Tryad Island form) learn 17.
                  Old May 29th, 2017 (2:11 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kharnix View Post
                    I just started off, and I already found a bug. It seems that you can't pick Elekid as a starter, as it just skips to the the next set of 3 instead. The game seems quite interesting, because it sure is different than any fan game I have ever played with 4 being the max level and all.
                    Yep, sorry for that, I normally only post uptdate each gym, but that's what I call a critical bug, V0.2.1 will be out some time today, it will fix that and some other minor problems.
                    Old May 29th, 2017 (3:38 AM).

V0.2.1 is out, it fix all known bugs.
                      If you have any problems, please makes sure you have the V0.2.1 and not the V0.2.
                      Old May 30th, 2017 (12:54 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PokemonJourney View Post
                        Pokemons learn 16 moves (4 by level) and more with TM, move tutor will be a thing too.
                        There is a few exception where pokemons learn a bit more or less, the caterpie line only learn 14, the skitty one (Tryad Island form) learn 17.
                        Thank you for the quick response!
                        Old June 5th, 2017 (7:54 AM).

V0.3 is out!
                          So what's new?
                          The game now go until gym 2, I guess its approximativly 6 hours long if you are fast.
                          Nuzlocke and Semi Nuzlocke mode have been added.
                          Since there is no way to outlevel your opponents on this game I felt like Nuzlocke mode would be almost impossible, Semi Nuzlocke is like Nuzlocke, but without the permadeath of your fainted Pokemons.
                          Some "tutorial" NPCs have been scattered trough the world, I felt like they were necessary since this game is so different in so many ways.
                          And last but not least, the first legendary Pokemon is here, Mew! It's well hidden tought, will you be able to find it?
                          Have fun!
                          Old June 5th, 2017 (11:42 AM).
                          The Psycho Pokemon

so why the odd level cap? Just curious.
                            Old June 5th, 2017 (12:54 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
                              so why the odd level cap? Just curious.
                              So you quickly reach max level, only fight trainer the same level of you, and everything is pure strategy.
                              It allow me to do some other cool stuff, like allowing the player to do the gym in the order they like.
                              Old June 5th, 2017 (2:30 PM).
                              The Psycho Pokemon

I see. Makes sense.

My only issue besides is how you get a starter. Sure the idea is unique but having to go through the intro sequence again to try for a better nature to work with for a starter ends up making it a bit complicated.
                                Old June 6th, 2017 (1:48 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
                                  I see. Makes sense.

My only issue besides is how you get a starter. Sure the idea is unique but having to go through the intro sequence again to try for a better nature to work with for a starter ends up making it a bit complicated.
                                  I see :/
                                  Well I don't want the player to be able to choose nature, but for the IVs, your starter is always a perfect Pokemon (6*31 IV)
                                  Old June 9th, 2017 (7:28 AM).
                                  The Psycho Pokemon

I see I guess that ends up making it better then thanks for the heads up
                                    Old November 30th, 2017 (3:09 AM). Edited November 30th, 2017 by PokemonJourney.

V0.3.2 is out!

No new gym, but it is still a big update.
                                      So what's new?

You can know choose where you want to begin your adventure (4 choices so far) You will get different starter and game experience depending on wich place you begin.

You get given a little boat and a lantern at the start of the game, so you are able to surf and use flash as soon as you begin the game.
                                      This mean that a lot of zone who were innaccesible by water are now open to explore. Mainly two big zone, the bottom of union cave, and Slowking Throne, at the bottom of the Slowpoke well, where you will be able to discover a new little and rewarding adventure.

Due to the fact that you can begin your adventure wherever you choose, it wasn't logical to have low level trainer in one zone and gradually increase the difficulty, so there is know trainers of all levels scattered around, and you will know have te choice to fight them or not as you choose, they will tell you the level of their team beforehand. (for example:"This trainer team is level 1;2;2;4" means he has 4 pokemons, one level 1, two level 2 and one level 4.)

A flight service has been added to every major city, it can take you to any city you already visited.
                                      (You still can use your Pokemon to fly if you have one who has it.)

318 Pokemons are know into the game.

Hope you enjoy!

Quick Reply