The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Developing Pokemon Great Tenkaichi

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

View Poll Results: What battle screen do you prefer? [i](Please read the new battle screen description before voting.)[
New battle screen (described here) 4 80.00%
Classic Pokemon battle screen 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 9th, 2017 (2:25 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darthsaber89 View Post
    awesome job man. looks really good.
    You are free to search for other fighters to add if you want...
    Old August 12th, 2017 (1:08 AM). Edited August 12th, 2017 by LorisC.

Added the last evolutions of Goku and Vegeta:

As you can see, I added the Ssj4 path.
      For now I don't think I'll add more transformations to them, at least not until new forms will appear in the anime or manga.

P.S.
      Don't be deceived by the fact that is possible to become a golden Oozaru from a normal SSj, it won't be so simple!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Added some fighters:, , ,
      , , , , , ,
      and completed/redone some sprites: , , , , , ,
      Old August 14th, 2017 (12:09 AM). Edited August 14th, 2017 by LorisC.

Posted an important question about switching to Pokemon Essentials, read the first post for details and give me your thoughts.
        As you'll be able to understand reading, I'm pretty favorable to the switch for the amount of things I'll be able to put in the game and for the overall quality of the result.
        Here's a first example of the differences:
        Old August 14th, 2017 (12:06 PM).

Practically finished scripting the fusion evolution using potaras, it almost works as I wanted!
          I'll show you some screens tomorrow or Wednesday.
          Old August 19th, 2017 (8:08 AM).

Tomorrow and Monday I'll be quite busy, but I'm working on some particular abilities I'll use.

Also, I'm searching someone who wants to help creating the maps, I can provide everything needed.
            Reply if you're interested.
            Old August 20th, 2017 (10:23 AM).

Here's the sprites of the latest fighter I added:
              Old August 21st, 2017 (10:04 AM). Edited August 21st, 2017 by LorisC.

Another one:

Thanks again to elrincondeurko!
                Old August 25th, 2017 (1:20 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LorisC View Post
                  Let's see how much do you know about Dragon Ball!
                  Reply if you know who they are (without searching on Google!)!
                  No one answered!
                  Anyway they were Salsa and Shroom, 2 demon gods who serves Mechikabura.

I'll include them in the game, I'm also thinking to insert something like the Demon Realm... we'll see!
                  Old August 25th, 2017 (3:33 AM). Edited August 25th, 2017 by LorisC.

Here's another Demon I'll include! This time it's a bit more famous!

I'll add a few more fighters and I think I'll try to release a first demo version where you'll be able to try some features... that way I hope I'll be able to find some collaborators too!
                    Old August 27th, 2017 (8:46 AM). Edited August 27th, 2017 by LorisC.

Here's another fighter from the latest episode!

I also want to show you how Piccolo forms will work...

If you have a Piccolo, simply give him the item "Weighted Clothing" to hold and he'll change its form.

I'm still thinking if I should make both forms available in the wild, and in that case, with the chance to find a wild Piccolo that holds "Weighted Clothing"... if you want, let me know what do you think about that.

P.S.
                      The "Weighted Clothing" will work on all the fighters, and it'll have some additional effects on particular ones (like Piccolo).
                      Old August 28th, 2017 (8:03 AM). Edited August 28th, 2017 by LorisC.

The mechanics are the ones explained in the first post, what changes is the item you'll have to use and the requirements.
                        To perform an EX-Fusion you'll need 2 Metamo Rings, and 1 of them will be consumed upon successful fusion attempt.

Here's an image to clarify things even better:

P.S.
                        Yes, I'll change even the fighter icons! They just aren't my priority at the moment!
                        Old August 28th, 2017 (10:58 AM).

This looks intressting. Maybe some random idea but how about adding an supportive type/class? With things like Bulma, Bra (could be secondary), Chi chi, Dende, Poppo, etc. Could be something like technician or something like that.
                          Old August 28th, 2017 (12:55 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by CoolKnightST View Post
                            This looks intressting. Maybe some random idea but how about adding an supportive type/class? With things like Bulma, Bra (could be secondary), Chi chi, Dende, Poppo, etc. Could be something like technician or something like that.
                            Could be interesting, for example Dende will be able to cure the other fighters...
                            I was thinking to insert these particular traits as moves usable even out of combat (for example the cure technique used by Dende), or abilities (for example the regeneration of Buu).
                            To be sincere i hadn't thought about inserting Dende, but it could be very interesting!

Anyway thanks for sharing ideas! That's what I wanted from the beginning!
                            Old August 29th, 2017 (2:07 PM).

Quote:
                              Could be interesting, for example Dende will be able to cure the other fighters...
                              I was thinking to insert these particular traits as moves usable even out of combat (for example the cure technique used by Dende), or abilities (for example the regeneration of Buu).
                              To be sincere i hadn't thought about inserting Dende, but it could be very interesting!

Anyway thanks for sharing ideas! That's what I wanted from the beginning!
                              Well this in dragonball so some gags could be funny. I was thinking about fighters that are able to use moves called "Fury" type. This move is super effective against Saiyens. So basicly your typical Chi Chi & Bulma. Directly creating a so called counter type against the type itself. I would love to see a competive match with Chi Chi owning Goku's ass.

What is also worth to mention is that women paired with saiyens get strong (this is explaned in the anime). This can be used as an evolution for adding extra stats.

As far outside abilities goes. Here are some ideas:
                              • Capsule (ability): You have access to the storage pc using this ability. This could be something for bulma, trunks, bra, etc... Maybe Vegeta can have this ability but only when he's catched in his tail-less form.
                              • Instant transmission (move): work like teleport outside combat
                              • Tsundere (ability): This could be something similar to the rivaly ability but now have the effect against opposite genre's.

I did notice that Cell, Trunks, Goten wasn't on the list of fighters yet. But I asume he's still need to be added to the list.

One thing I like to mention tho. I think it would be intressting to give some of the side evolutions unique abilities or moves that allows them to remain competive against the other options. Take Gohan for example here you can go with a system that allows him to evolve faster in his teen form while in his adult form the evolutions are on higher levels. To a create example:
                              • Kid Gohan > lv 16 > Teen Gohan > lv 36 > Adult Gohan > lv 42 > SSJ Adult Gohan > lv 54 > SS2 Adult Gohan > lv 66 > Mystic Gohan
                              • Kid Gohan > lv 16 > Teen Gohan > lv 24 > SSJ Teen Gohan > lv 36 > SSJ2 Teen Gohan

The stats of taking the shortcut will allow you to cash in a fighter with high stats much early in the game. But taking your time to level your fighter will grant you better stats in the long run. What I try to say is that you need a reason to take the other route. Will it be moves, abilities or stronger stats early.

Good luck ;)
                              Old August 30th, 2017 (1:24 AM).

Quote:
                                Well this in dragonball so some gags could be funny. I was thinking about fighters that are able to use moves called "Fury" type. This move is super effective against Saiyens. So basicly your typical Chi Chi & Bulma. Directly creating a so called counter type against the type itself. I would love to see a competive match with Chi Chi owning Goku's ass.

What is also worth to mention is that women paired with saiyens get strong (this is explaned in the anime). This can be used as an evolution for adding extra stats.
                                It can be interesting, but it must be balanced correctly to not create OP characters!
                                I'll think about that... thanks for the idea.

Quote:
                                As far outside abilities goes. Here are some ideas:
                                • Capsule (ability): You have access to the storage pc using this ability. This could be something for bulma, trunks, bra, etc... Maybe Vegeta can have this ability but only when he's catched in his tail-less form.
                                • Instant transmission (move): work like teleport outside combat
                                • Tsundere (ability): This could be something similar to the rivaly ability but now have the effect against opposite genre's.
                                The capsule ability can be interesting, but there's a little problem!
                                I was thinking about nice substitutes to the PokeBalls, and for now one of the best ideas are the capsules... I have also thought about another option where the Capsule Corp. invents devices to capture fighters similar to the pokeballs... I still have to decide.

Quote:
                                I did notice that Cell, Trunks, Goten wasn't on the list of fighters yet. But I asume he's still need to be added to the list.
                                Exactly! A lot of fighters are still missing, I'll add them sooner or later!

Quote:
                                One thing I like to mention tho. I think it would be intressting to give some of the side evolutions unique abilities or moves that allows them to remain competive against the other options. Take Gohan for example here you can go with a system that allows him to evolve faster in his teen form while in his adult form the evolutions are on higher levels. To a create example:
                                • Kid Gohan > lv 16 > Teen Gohan > lv 36 > Adult Gohan > lv 42 > SSJ Adult Gohan > lv 54 > SS2 Adult Gohan > lv 66 > Mystic Gohan
                                • Kid Gohan > lv 16 > Teen Gohan > lv 24 > SSJ Teen Gohan > lv 36 > SSJ2 Teen Gohan

The stats of taking the shortcut will allow you to cash in a fighter with high stats much early in the game. But taking your time to level your fighter will grant you better stats in the long run. What I try to say is that you need a reason to take the other route. Will it be moves, abilities or stronger stats early.
                                Basically I thought the same things! I'm trying to balance them all.
                                Old August 30th, 2017 (4:45 AM).
                                The King

Nature: Brave
                                  I am really sorry that I was not able to respond all these days. Good to see that you are doing well and I did not really notice that you have changed to RPGXP.
                                  By the way, this is a Rom hacking section, not a Game Section. You should probably change it soon.
                                  Old August 30th, 2017 (7:39 AM). Edited August 30th, 2017 by LorisC.

Just added Broly with some interesting forms:

The base forms and the SSj ones will work in the same way as Piccolo, add or remove the restraining device and the form will change.
                                    LSSj can turn into Bio-Broly, he'll have some particular abilities but it'll be impossible to revert to the LSSj state.
                                    Someone might not know the last 2 forms... they are Legendary SSj3 and Broly God.
                                    Old August 30th, 2017 (7:46 AM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Turjo12 View Post
                                      I am really sorry that I was not able to respond all these days. Good to see that you are doing well and I did not really notice that you have changed to RPGXP.
                                      By the way, this is a Rom hacking section, not a Game Section. You should probably change it soon.
                                      I don't think I can change sections by myself... I'll take a look.
                                      Old August 30th, 2017 (8:52 AM).

I've just seen that Pokemon Essentials v17 is out...
                                        I should have already switched everything to work with the new version, but I'm keeping the "old" version as backup.
                                        No problems should come out!
                                        Old August 31st, 2017 (7:02 AM). Edited August 31st, 2017 by LorisC.

Here's the latest fusion I added, Coolieza, the EX-Fusion between Frieza and Cooler:

As you can see, I've added a transformation that doesn't exist in any game, by I think it's fitting, and that way I also inserted a good reason to make a Meta-Cooler!
                                          The added transformation is a combination of Frieza's Golden Form and Cooler's Meta form... he'll be pretty powerful! eheh
                                          Old September 1st, 2017 (5:35 AM). Edited September 1st, 2017 by LorisC.

I just added Cell and its evolutions are a bit unusual!
                                            Let's explain some things! This is the evolution line:

The 1st and 2nd forms have an additional "Absorb" command in the party screen:

Select it and you'll be able to choose a 2nd fighter, if the choice will be Android 17 or 18, Cell will evolve, otherwise an error message will appear.

Another thing to notice is that the perfect form (the one he took after the explosion at Kai's planet) is missing, that's because I'm planning to achieve that with an Ability (Zenkai).

The last thing is about the form change of the perfect form, the other form is known as Xeno Cell, it'll work in a similar way as Piccolo's forms, but with a Dark Dragon Ball.
                                            Old September 1st, 2017 (7:56 AM).

A little preview on a fighter I still haven't decided if I should insert it now or if it'd be better to wait for more informations...
                                              Old September 2nd, 2017 (4:56 AM).

Today I want to showcase the Namekian Fusion!
                                                I think most of you already know it... for the other ones, it's a special techniques usable only by Namekians where 2 fighters fuse toghether using one of them as base.
                                                The result will retain all traits of the base fighter, but with increased power and knowledge.

I wanted to recreate a similar process in the game, and this is the result:

All Namekian fighters will have an additional "Assimilation" command (Assimilation is the other name for "Namekian Fusion"), choosing it the game will let you choose another fighter in your team.
                                                Now some different thing can happen!
                                                If you choose someone that isn't a Namekian the Assimilation will fail with no results.
                                                If you choose someone able to Assimilate (i.e. a Namekian!) the game will tell you how convenient the Assimilation will be:

If you select to not proceed, nothing will happen, otherwise, in the Example, Nail will Assimilate Piccolo gaining 4 levels.

Assimilated Namekians will be removed from your Party upon successful Assimilation.

The level-up amount is calculated by a simple formula I wrote to prevent overuses of this mechanism, so that a high level fighter won't benefit from Assimilations with low level ones.
                                                Old September 2nd, 2017 (7:35 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2017 by LorisC.

I need some opinions regarding these Karoly forms:

The first is an hypothetical normal form, the 2nd is the official one and the 3rd is a mix of Broly God and SSj Blue.
                                                  Theoretically it'd be possible to create more forms for him, but firstly I'd like to know if you'd like to see them in-game or not!

Let me know what do you think... if you'd like to see different mixes between Broly and Goku (or Black!) forms or if you'd prefer to see only the official one in the game... everything will be taken in consideration.
                                                  Old September 2nd, 2017 (1:11 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2017 by Stoffles67.
                                                  Stoffles67 Stoffles67 is offline

Quote:
                                                    The first is an hypothetical normal form, the 2nd is the official one and the 3rd is a mix of Broly God and SSj Blue.
                                                    Theoretically it'd be possible to create more forms for him, but firstly I'd like to know if you'd like to see them in-game or not!

Let me know what do you think... if you'd like to see different mixes between Broly and Goku (or Black!) forms or if you'd prefer to see only the official one in the game... everything will be taken in consideration.
                                                    I think it may be a good idea to add in these forms mostly for the sake of having as many different fighters as possible? I don't know how long you are planning to make the game, but it'd probably help with replayability if there were like 100 fighters, as opposed to 50.

Also, I don't know if you've seen the GBA hack Dragon Ball Z Team Training, which did something similar. One way they get around the lack of fighters was to put in random enemies that the DBZ people fought, which acted like zigzagoon or poochyena and operated mostly as fillers.

Also: it would be cool if you added a Saiyan Tail item which changed the forms of the Saiyans that equipped it. It could also operate as the "mega stone" that is required to mega evolve them into apes.

In terms of stats: have you thought of operating the game in a similar way to the game Dragon Ball Z Boudakai 3? Each fighter could gain points in things like hp, attack, technique, defense, ki etc. I'm not saying that you should include the points system; you could keep the usual pokemon style automatic leveling thing. But it would be cool if the number of areas that need to be increased were more diverse than the usual pokemon games.

Have you thought of adding Garlic Jnr as a character and his minions, as well as Android 13 and 18? It would also be insanely awesome to see Rose Goku (I think that's what its called), and the characters from that arc? Apparently trunks gets a new form in that arc too (without too much spoilers).

Final point (I promise). There's always been a big connection to things like anger etc. Maybe try using Darumaka's ability where their form changes once their HP goes down to a certain point? So, for example, Kid Gohan would enter some type of rage mode thing which would hugely raise his attack but would lower his defense.

Sorry for the long post. This games looks great so far, and I am really excited to see what you produce. Good luck!

Quick Reply