• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Birth of a new BIG HACK!-[Pokemon Space]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
First, lemme tell you why I'm even making this hack-That's because I'm very bored of something repetitive in Pokemon games-caves and forests. Pretty much every pokemon game has a lot of caves and rocky locations and I don't like the way they look. The hack will be some sort of a sequel to Fire Red-you are the son of the Kanto Pokemon League champion and have to go on a journey through space, various universes and other flashy, bizarre places to defeat a mysterious cult in order to save humanity from becoming evil freaks (more details about that will be explained in-game).
Features:
-151 fakemon to catch (Not at the level of Topaz, so don't worry, also no HMs needed to finish the game.)
-2 new types (yup)-Music and Space
-A brand-new... Well, not a region, but a whole new galaxy! (The entire map will be changed a lot.)
-New locations. 90s Disco bars, alien laboratories, various planets (not the real-life ones. They will be fake planets.) and more! Not gonna spoil 'em all
-Some trashy plot maybe.
-References to various things (including JoJo's Bizarre Adventure n' stuff... ;)
-Is travelling between planets and sometimes even universes a feature?

The only bad thing is... I have no heckin' experience with hacking at all! I want to make it a big and cool thing almost on the level of Gaia, Light Platinum, Flora sky, Vega etc. but I'm still learning how to hack and school sure is hard, so most of the game will be made when summer vacation starts in my country (in 94 days). You can stay tuned, though!- For now maybe I'm gonna make an intro at least, because I will soon have a week without school...

Probably gonna take 2-3 years to make the final version and around 150+ days to make at least a simple demo because I'm working alone, but hey! If you have any exeperience and know at least a little about how ROM hacking works (making events and spriting are the hardest things to me), then help would be highly appreciated! I am making "weekly ROM hacking questions" threads on Reddit (Just go to my profile on reddit, it's called Deadviper, it can even be found by just Google browsing "reddit deadviper" and find a post titled something like "ROM hacking questions".) and mostly on the Pokecommunity Discord so please go there and try to answer some of my noob questions, if you could!

Stay tuned, bois! (Btw. I'm wondering if I should change the name. Any ideas? Maybe "Space Crusade"?)

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Oh. I'm making a space hack too. (Not the same as yours though.)
Heh. This reminds me of my thread.
-Is travelling between planets and sometimes even universes a feature?
fUC3JyF.png

Anyways, this hack looks cool. It looks like it'll be something I'll play and I hope you finish it! :) Looks good! Space hacks are the best.
If you ever decide to start a team, I can map and sprite stuff. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I know about that hack you're making and I like the clever utilization of "playing as a pokemon". I thought that any ROM hack where you play as a pokemon would be very silly but yours looks extremely good :) When I got the Idea for my hack (I didn't know that such a thing as Pokecommunity even exists :3), I thought "AW, MAN! That will be SO original! The first space-based hack ever!" And after like two days I found your hack and I was shocked but I quickly realised that they are very different. Btw. I stole the "Is travelling through space a feature?" joke from you, plz don't beat with belt, daddy. Anyway, I wanna learn spriting myself but could you tell me what resolution and file format are the back, front and menu icon pokemon sprites? Also, do you have any tips for me? Because I have actually never ever made a single pokemon sprite... The mapping seems like an easy thing. Is it anyhow complicated? I've read an Advanced Map guide and it looks very easy. Umm... And can you PLEASE check out my Reddit questions thread? There are a few questions that I think you might know the answer to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
Well, always nice to hear an opinion... Or basically heckin' anything on this a little dead, yet beautiful forum :)

First and foremost: Man, AM I DETERMINED!!! I"m learning lots of stuff and yeah, this is still just a concept, BUT! I'm 100% gonna make this thing! >:D
Almost EVERYTHING on my own!

...Okay, now with the responses...:

1. Well... Embarassed to say that, but... Me... And gosh, do I suck at spriting! But hey, every skill can be mastered over time and with some practice, right? This is probably the hardest part for me.

2. Yeah, I still don't know how to add new tilesets, though.

3. NO NO NO... Geez, by "trashy", I meant "not very good", okay? °~°

4. Yeah, you should definitely check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! It's an anime and manga series and it's amazing! Btw. Yup, there are gonna be some references and breaking the 4th wall too, maybe. (I've just realized that I sure do dream big, man! I'm determined, though!)

5. Nah, planets will basically be locations that you can warp between using warp tiles. And for universes the same but by using an item. You think this would work?

P.S. Yeah, I can easily understand that most of people around here don't really believe in this hack's completion (gonna prove 'em wrong one day! >:D) and already hate me for my long and spammy writing style but I'm still gonna do what I want to do! Btw. *The spriting is way too hecking damn hard!!!*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
Then, maybe you know a nice tutorial about that? :3 Mind telling the link?

Back