• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
1) Can you have coloured text in Emerald, if so then how? I mean like for individual words, not the whole sentence.

2) What is the raw movement number for running, as in like running shoes with you and your rival?

3) Is it possible to make there two of those wally battle things where the backsprite and the pokemon they are against is different depending on your gender?

4) What is the offset in NSE for the basic tileset flower animation in Emerald?

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I have this problem with the d/n system,

it did not work when i play it on vba.

I already implement the d/n system to the fire red rom but it did not work,

then after some time, it start working yet again but now it stop working again after i switch to a new rom.

I did enable real time clock on vba emulator and also have implement the d/n system but it still cannot work.

I hope there is a solution to this.

---------------------
Crimson Stardust
This was not answered..

Anyway, new question also.
In YAPE, we can edit the POKéMON evolve method like with item, and with the item available, only the stones can be used.
Is there any way for me to edit a item in the rom then make it usable for evolution of a POKéMON?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey, I have a question.

How I can put a pokemon sprite in msgbox?
You can't really put a pokemon sprite in the text box, if that's what you're asking.
You can, however, bring up a picture of a designated pokemon on the screen, in a tidy looking box. It's done by the showpokepic and hidepokepic commands. Simple explanation here.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
You can't really put a pokemon sprite in the text box, if that's what you're asking.
You can, however, bring up a picture of a designated pokemon on the screen, in a tidy looking box. It's done by the showpokepic and hidepokepic commands. Simple explanation here.

I already known the pokepic command but I have viewed in a hack a pokemon sprite in msgbox.

(video of pokemon never by r!cci (skoria))

0:45 for example.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I already known the pokepic command but I have viewed in a hack a pokemon sprite in msgbox.

(video of pokemon never by r!cci (skoria))

0:45 for example.

showpokepic 0x1 0x1 0x1
hidebox 0x1 0x1 0xF 0xF
pause 0x1
hidepokepic
showpokepic 0x(Pokemonhexnumber) 0x2 0x6
hidebox 0x2 0x6 0xE 0xE

And change the position of the showpokepic to wherever you want.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Wow, works! xD but I have another doubt, when I put the pokepic, the image has other colours. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for the input but i have another question. I've planned out most of the storyline and have been attempting to script(not to hard just takes time to learn) and map,switching between the two. My question is, though i wont need to for a while, how would i add a new pokemon too the game? i have searched but everything says to edit and existing pokemon's data. I dont want too do that so could someone please explain how to do this or send me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Edit:Nvm srry for dumb question i figured it out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2022
I have searched everywhere and I cannot find the answer to my question... I apologize if this has been asked before (I'm positive it has been).

How do you edit the font in Fire Red? FontEd doesn't seem to work, and I've found posts where people suggest finding the font at 2320C0 in Tile Layer Pro or another similar tile editing program. This is not the case. There's a font there, but it definitely isn't the one used in the game. Could anyone help me, please?

Years
Hi everyone, I had a look through this thread earlier but couldn't find a post that's the same as my problem, but I'm sure it's somewhere within the 600 pages so sorry for asking again, I just wasn't able to find it.

My problem is that I made a map in Advance Map, load it up in VBA and some of the tiles are different or have changed.
The images are located below, thanks for the help! :]

This is really confusing me >.< Any answers/ideas guys?

EDIT: Pictures are in the older post on the last page.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well, from my experiences, I think you've inserted some tiles into a secondary tileset. Then you used the tiles from the secondary tileset in the first block. You then used these blocks to map in maps that don't use the same secondary tileset. I'm not sure if I was very clear, it's just a theory anyway.

EDIT: Oh and you can't do that. Unless, of course, obviously, evidently, for sure, you use that secondary tileset for the maps as well :)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I have this problem with the d/n system,

it did not work when i play it on vba.

I already implement the d/n system to the fire red rom but it did not work,

then after some time, it start working yet again but now it stop working again after i switch to a new rom.

I did enable real time clock on vba emulator and also have implement the d/n system but it still cannot work.

I hope there is a solution to this.

---------------------
Crimson Stardust

This was not answered..

Anyway, new question also.
In YAPE, we can edit the POKéMON evolve method like with item, and with the item available, only the stones can be used.
Is there any way for me to edit a item in the rom then make it usable for evolution of a POKéMON?

And another thing, i just started exploring a-trainer tool, haha, just started to do trainer stuff, and i found out about the intro music thing. What does it do?
If i change the intro music number, will that make the battle music during the trainer battle diffirent? or is it when i encounter the trainer on the map only?
if it is yes to the battle music during trainer battles, how do i know what number represents which midi since i am going to insert new midis, i find it weird to see it range from 1-127 [if i am not wrong]

If this does not have to do anything with the changing the trainer battles music, how do i change the music during the trainer battle to suit my needs like a different person/event i want a specefic music for them..

I hope i have an answer to all this, been a 2nd or 3rd time bumping this..lol
--------------------
Crimson Stardust

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
How do I save an image as a 16-bit bmp without it completely messing up (going black and white and losing about 90% of the image)? I have tried indexing a png version of it on infanview and then saving it as a bmp file but then I can't import it on NSE because apparently it isn't a 16-bit bmp file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back