• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
When you look in Advance Map in the Pallet Town map, you see Prof Oak standing right next to your house. But if you play the game he becomes invisible and you can walk right through the spot where he is supposed to stand. He will stay this way untill you reach the grass where he stops you. How do I make a sprite invisible untill a kind-of-alike script is activated?
See "Script Help" -thread.

To have person event's flag bit as 1 (=set) before you "encounter" it in the game, you've to set it in another event that occurs before that.
If there is no "mandatory" event before that happening, you've to set it through map's Script Header.

(Proper way would be doing it through assembly that's gone through in the intro but that's not required so...)

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2018
Hi,

Is there a way to add an RTC into Pokemon Ruby that will cause berries to grow using a Game Boy Micro and EZ Flash IV?

I tried the GBATA patch and while I don't get a message that the battery is dry at the start, the berries I plant don't seem to grow and the clock doesn't change either.

I also tried the Day Night Systems, but those seem to rely upon emulators for RTC and don't work with flash carts?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
See "Script Help" -thread.

To have person event's flag bit as 1 (=set) before you "encounter" it in the game, you've to set it in another event that occurs before that.
If there is no "mandatory" event before that happening, you've to set it through map's Script Header.

(Proper way would be doing it through assembly that's gone through in the intro but that's not required so...)

This isn't strictly true...the first script (yes, its a script) the game runs is setting plenty of flags and variables just for this purpose. I can't find where I read where the offset is, but it is somewhere, and it is easily edited.

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
How would one go about finding out how to display the animations shown before a battle begins (wavy screen, black shapes, pokeballs)?

For firered, that routine is at this offset: 0807F690

Pass the animation number in r0.

Example of usage:

In script, use the command b6, setwildbattle to a pokemon you want.
After that, using writebytetooffset, clear (write 00) to offsets 02022b4c/d/e/f)
the call asm a routine that writes the animation number to r0 and 00 to r1 and bl's to that offset up there.

Years

For firered, that routine is at this offset: 0807F690

Pass the animation number in r0.

Example of usage:

In script, use the command b6, setwildbattle to a pokemon you want.
After that, using writebytetooffset, clear (write 00) to offsets 02022b4c/d/e/f)
the call asm a routine that writes the animation number to r0 and 00 to r1 and bl's to that offset up there.

Lol I think I understood half of that. Unfortunately I'm not the most adept at ASM. So my script should be:

setwildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4c
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4d
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4e
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x2022b4f
callasm 0xaddress

What would the asm code be, though? I literally have no idea lol.

ChAriZard 9

I'm a LEGIT Pokemon master!!
Years
How do I change the layout of the Fire Red map? I'm wanting to make a hack and I got some of the tiles inserted but can't start until I do the map.

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Code:
push {r0-r4,lr}
mov r0, #0x8      @ Example of animation. 8 is wild battle, if i remember correctly. Change to whatever you want
mov r1, #0x0
mov r4, #0x0807F690+1
bl bx_r4
pop {r0-r4,pc}

bx_r4: bx r4

A simple code like this. Its not necessary to be a wise master to do this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
1. This is my 1st time and I'm hacking pokemon ruby. So I need a program like advanced map or something. I am working on a mac though because that's the only computer that I have access to. Does anyone know of a pokemon like advanced Map that I can use on a Mac?
2. I want to change the sprites of the pokemon and again I need a program that can run on Mac.
3. I want to change the title screen (on a Mac and with a program)
4. I want to change the starter pokemon
(all on a Mac and with a pokemon and for ruby.
I have searched all these on google

droomph

weeb
Years
1. This is my 1st time and I'm hacking pokemon ruby. So I need a program like advanced map or something. I am working on a mac though because that's the only computer that I have access to. Does anyone know of a pokemon like advanced Map that I can use on a Mac?
2. I want to change the sprites of the pokemon and again I need a program that can run on Mac.
3. I want to change the title screen (on a Mac and with a program)
4. I want to change the starter pokemon
(all on a Mac and with a pokemon and for ruby.
I have searched all these on google
I'm on a Mac too, so I know you HAVE to use Wine/X11. It's not the most convenient thing in the world, but hey, if you don't want to, you'll have to use a PC, because honestly nobody here cares about Mac.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
Oh well... I already have a gba reader but I need somethng like advanced map for mac. I just can't code

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2012
me and my friends are trying to to a hack for fire red and we have few question:

How do I change what the town map looks like?
Is there a quicker way to edit building tiles without doing them 1 by 1?
How do I use the DNS (day n night season tool)
What program changes trainers pokemon and moves?
What tool changes trainers pokemon and moves in FR?
for fire red
i would really appreatiate if someone help me with this

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
me and my friends are trying to to a hack for fire red and we have few question:

How do I change what the town map looks like?
Is there a quicker way to edit building tiles without doing them 1 by 1?
How do I use the DNS (day n night season tool)
What program changes trainers pokemon and moves?
What tool changes trainers pokemon and moves in FR?
for fire red
i would really appreatiate if someone help me with this

If you want to change the world map you're going to have to follow one of the tutorials in the Tutorial section. Here are some that could help you. This tool could also be some use if you're not used to re-pointing data yet.

You can't really insert a whole bunch of tiles at once unless they share the same palette. It may take some time, but you will become more efficient at it the more times you insert tiles.

Sorry, I haven't had much experience with DNS additions.

Trainers are best edited through Advance Trainer on the 3rd generation games. You can download it here.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
In some RPGs when you talk to a NPC a picture will pop up with the character's face. I was wondering if any hacks have accomplished this yet?

If not, then does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

I've considered using Jambo51's Pokedex hack(when it's completed) to do the following:

Create a character's portrait, insert it as the image for a blank pokemon, use the showpokepic command on every sprite event so that it shows the character's "pokemon portrait" whenever you begin speaking to them.

So far, that's the only way I could think of to do this.

Years
In some RPGs when you talk to a NPC a picture will pop up with the character's face. I was wondering if any hacks have accomplished this yet?

If not, then does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

I've considered using Jambo51's Pokedex hack(when it's completed) to do the following:

Create a character's portrait, insert it as the image for a blank pokemon, use the showpokepic command on every sprite event so that it shows the character's "pokemon portrait" whenever you begin speaking to them.

So far, that's the only way I could think of to do this.
That's the only easy way to do it to be honest. Of course, it looks a lot better if you use Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (actually, it may only be Emerald, I'm unsure) and then use the hidebox command, as that would only show the image, not the border. This would make for some epic mugshots. But yeah, replacing Pokémon sprites is the easiest way.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Very simple question here guys. I have looked on the internet for ages for this and can not find it anywhere!

I used to have it... Whats the SetFlag for activating the NATIONAL Pokedex on a Firered hack. I have the Kanto dex but thats no use, need the National Dex! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back