The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2011 (5:00 PM).
No need to be bitter,is there?

Nature: Relaxed
    Might work but I'm no good with those kind of challenges '-_-

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 21st, 2011 (6:15 PM).
    I Will Be Your Shield

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sooyun View Post
    Welcome to this neck of the woods, stranger. ^.^

The old thread was specifically for HGSS and their trainer classes around the time it came out, so it's old and locked. So yes, you can definitely revive this challenge and incorporate your idea (I like the idea of the tier system, just not exclusivity to Plasma). If you want less to manage, you can make the challenge for 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation (since the 3rd and 4th generation has the remakes), or just a specific generation and narrow down/combine a few classes (like, combining bug catcher/maniac with aroma lady, just have the combos make sense, lol) that may only use one type.

I wouldn't stick steadfast to just confining yourself to one trainer class. That would be too samey for some challengers since there's not a ton of variety in the Pokemon Plasma uses. It would be like the Eevolution challenge (where the player would have a team of eevolutions). There's only Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon. With 8 choices, it's inevitable that some people will have similar or the same teams. That would be a boring thread to read.

And considering that next month is All Hallows Eve, it will most likely be a Halloween Challenge. Sydian's pretty much in charge of the larger scale challenges that usually corresponds to holidays (see my sig. one was St. Patrick's). They usually come with prizes (emblems for you profile), and they usually have a time limit (to the end of the month we're celebrating).

@Syd, maybe you're playing it for the nostalgia of Kanto but don't want the 8bit graphics? :pink_giggle:

Edit: I found patches of the following:
    Red with Dark and Steel types
    Gold & Silver that adds the Safari Zone w/ version exclusives (They couldn't add Safari zone in Crystal, so instead, they added the version exclusives of Gold/Silver back in their original routes.)

May I say: sweet!

Now I just need to find a non-Viet version of a translated Japanese Crystal.
    Well thank you :3

And I hadn't planned to use just Team Plasma, that was just my example.
    Hint: reread everything in that post ;3
    Well, I might consider making that challenge then.
    Holloween Challenge sounds... interesting. Perhaps it would have something to do with a Ghost/Dark type challenge/theme/something?

@Shea Man - Sounds interesting but... well, I don't know if I'd make that :S Who knows? Maybe.

Under Renovations
    Old September 27th, 2011 (2:54 PM).
    Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
      I have to admit, just thinking about a halloween challenge makes me excited. So many possibilities, probably soemthing like nakuzami said, dark and ghost types.
      Old September 27th, 2011 (3:01 PM).
      Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy

Nature: Docile
        lol Nobody wants to do my Shedinja sans Wonder Guard Challenge.

I'm too far into my White version game on DeSmuMe to care about anything else ^_^

I CAN HAS GRACIDEA?

Derr PC Family~

Nideous
        Old September 27th, 2011 (5:47 PM).
        detective prince.

Nature: Timid
        I'm itching to get the Halloween challenge started also, guys! I'm hoping you'll like the way the teams have to be set up. It took me a while to think of it too, lol. I will give you a spoiler though, but only since you've already guessed it...you are required to use a Ghost-type. Which is great for me, because I love Ghosts.
        Old September 29th, 2011 (5:59 AM).
        Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
          Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?
          Old September 29th, 2011 (7:35 AM).
          My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
          Ohh looks like I came at the right time. Maybe a challenge where all Pokemon have to be ghost, dark types or have to be in the monster or amorphous egg groups.

I haven't being doing many challenges recently. I did get some of my Nuzlocke done in history however because my teacher said we could go on our laptops why he tried to get a documentary to play, it took him 45 minutes. Also I must beat Syd in my Hall of Fame Challenge.
          Old September 29th, 2011 (8:54 AM).
          I am not male

So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~

Heh, random idea inspired by something I'm trying to do on PF.

The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.
            Old September 29th, 2011 (9:33 AM).
            detective prince.

Quote:
            Ghosts are pretty awesome, especially in gen v with the likes of chandelure and jellicent. A question about the challenge. Would it be on Black and white or an older game?
            Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

Quote:
            So... I'm back on PC. So I guessed I'd join the Seed Bby madness and Nuzlocking Insanity also known as the Challenge forums once again~
            Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

Quote:
            The Other Thing Challenge (tentative name). You have to go through the game with Pokémon that you think are quite similiar to characters from your favourite anime/TV Show/book series/whatever. You can use your starter until you get a Pokémon that fits the criteria, but once you get it, your starter must be boxed/released. Oh yeah, you must try to get that Pokémon as soon as possible. (so if one of your mons is a Pikachu, search Viridian Forest until you find one instead of just skipping the forest like just another forest)

If I did start this, I think I'd do it on Diamond or something with Kidou Piplup->Empoleon as my starter, Endou Pichu->Raichu and Gouenji Growlithe->Arcanine (yay alliteration) being good some backup mons. And an useless Megane Magikarp for the box.
            I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.
            Old September 29th, 2011 (9:45 AM).
            White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

Unlike previous events, the Halloween challenge will be for all main games. :) Though I highly suggest not using anything older than RSE, otherwise your choices are going to be terrible.

Awwwweeeee. Seed bby is so great and wonderful. OMG GUYS. Did I mention I have two shiny Seed bbys? :D One is courtesy of Deku, the other is from dragonmega. So fabulous<3

I think there's already one like this? But I can't quite put my finger on the name of it, lol. But it's around somewhere, I'm sure.
            Syd, that would be the Character Challenge. Not sure if it's still alive or not, but I've seen it.
            EDIT: Just checked, it's still alive. Last post was September 20th.
            Old September 30th, 2011 (7:13 AM).
            I am not male

You still like Seed Bbys, huh, Syd? No surprise, considering how much you liked them back then~

I guess I'll check out the charrie challenge, then :3
              Old October 15th, 2011 (10:08 PM).
              The Flame Pokémon

Nature: Hardy
              I'm alive. :3 I haven't been around in a while, but yeah. School. ;-; I just finished my Challoween challenge, so I suppose I should finish my Character challenge soon.

It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
              Old October 24th, 2011 (4:52 AM). Edited October 24th, 2011 by devilace372.
              cast between dusk and dawn

Nature: Brave
                hey guys well this is an idea of a challenge and i wana know what you guys think of it

it is a challenge which consists of 6 different leagues:
                leagues 1-5 are: 1- kanto, 2-johto, 3-hoenn, 4-sinnoh, and 5-unova
                these five leagues will consist of you building a team with pokemon only from that region
                e.g kanto team - blastoise, pidgeot, vileplume, raichu, arcanine and alakazam
                johto team - typhlosion, tyranitar, politoed, sunflora, steelix and togetic
                and so one for each region.
                for the sixth region you can use any pokemon from any region in your team.

how this would work is by on your game your using e.g. pokemon black you would use the team from the league
                your participating in say kanto them you can hack in or trade the pokemon for your team.
                and you would battle and train up to the first gym leader beat him/her and then you would save your game
                (don't carry on with the game)
                as you would go onto wifi and battle a gym leader for the challenge (one of our gym leaders)
                and then once you have beaten the gym leader you may continue on with your game until you have beaten the 2nd and 3rd
                and so on, and beat our gym leaders.

the gym leaders for that region will only use on type for that gym
                they will put up their team and the level on the challenge thread thats about it
                also they can have 3 different typed teams of their choice from that region to use.
                the battles would be as followed gym leaders 1- 4 3 vs 3 battles
                gym leaders 5 - 7 4 vs 4 battles
                gym leader 8 5 vs 5
                elite four and champion 6 vs 6 battle

for gym leaders if you fail to beat them you can go back to the area before the gym leader battle in your game and train
                (you CANNOT go further than the gym to train)

their pokemon will be similar levels to the gym leaders, elite four and champion from that region
                also a prize would be given out for each person who beats a region.
                and also people would be needed to be gym leaders, elite four and champions

sooo.. that's all i got soo far guys n girls so what you think?

black friend code 4513 0451 0672 trainer name Rambo lol (mainly use)
                Platinum FC 3396 6219 8023
                White FC 0561 9015 1283
                SS FC 3353 6723 1201
                HG FC 4813 9699 5018
                Check Out DevilKlown's Thread!!!!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6889622#post6889622
                Challenges:
                Current Challenge: The Random Pokemon Challenge - Soul Silver - Team: Flareon, Gallade, Corsola, Breloom
                Old October 24th, 2011 (5:09 AM).
                The Guy who loves Braviarys

Thats a pretty good idea.
                  Though i cant particicpate 'cause im doing Rivals challenge on white

Wins-15, Losses-2, Matches-17
                  Check Out my Youtube Channel LemonNinjaz24
                  Old October 24th, 2011 (5:16 AM).

just an idea atm, hoping that enough people will see it and think about putting it together (hopefully)

White FC 0561 9015 1283
                    SS FC 3353 6723 1201
                    HG FC 4813 9699 5018
                    Check Out DevilKlown's Thread!!!!: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6889622#post6889622
                    Challenges:
                    Current Challenge: The Random Pokemon Challenge - Soul Silver - Team: Flareon, Gallade, Corsola, Breloom
                    Old October 24th, 2011 (5:57 AM).

It would be really helpful if some other people joined Rivals Challenge,
                      So it's not just us 3

Old October 24th, 2011 (6:05 AM).

i'll have a look at the challenge just doing the random pokemon challenge atm

White FC 0561 9015 1283
                        SS FC 3353 6723 1201
                        HG FC 4813 9699 5018
                        Challenges:
                        Old October 24th, 2011 (6:10 AM).

I'm also doing one with a fire mono.
                          I had an idea,
                          Why dont we have a challenge where you only use pokemon with a base stat total of 450> but you can have one poke that is 450<?

Old October 24th, 2011 (6:34 AM).

yeah that would be a good challenge, just any type or would you limit one type or more, something like that?

White FC 0561 9015 1283
                            SS FC 3353 6723 1201
                            HG FC 4813 9699 5018
                            Challenges:
                            Old October 24th, 2011 (6:41 AM).

Or you could play along with other Members

Old October 24th, 2011 (7:26 AM).

yeah lol i take not a lot are doing that rivals challenge

White FC 0561 9015 1283
                                SS FC 3353 6723 1201
                                HG FC 4813 9699 5018
                                Challenges:
                                Old October 24th, 2011 (7:41 AM). Edited October 24th, 2011 by Lezza.

No,
                                  Its only Me, PhsycoJigglypuff and Yuki but it's really fun
                                  So if you can join this challenge

Old October 25th, 2011 (3:06 PM).

dude that's not a lot but i'll do when i get chance to a little busy atm :/

White FC 0561 9015 1283
                                    SS FC 3353 6723 1201
                                    HG FC 4813 9699 5018
                                    Challenges:
                                    Old October 25th, 2011 (3:26 PM).
                                    detective prince.

Uhhh, you guys realize you could have had that whole conversation via VM right? Anyway, I'm probably going to finish Challoween tonight. Then I think I won't be restarting Black for a long time. Going to leave it alone and use it as my transfer game for when I start working on the Pokedex in my Jap White (can't transfer from English to Jap, so Black will be the bridge between them). Then my English White can be my challenge cart. :3c Still need to make the emblem. ~_~
                                    Old October 25th, 2011 (3:54 PM).
                                    no more sad songs

Nature: Modest
                                    I'm actually enjoying the Challoween challenge. :3c I thought that it would be super hard because I had Squirtle. Don't ask. :< But he's quite the powerhouse. :D

I need to limit the challenges I do, last time I just took a load and forget them all. ;;

Quick Reply