• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Player Customization

kammond

Huh
Years
Did anyone else notice the first clip in the trailer where the player is standing in front of a mirror? Maybe this means we might finally get customization.. Hmmm

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Also there's that building that appears around the female protag in the game that seems to come out of no where. So my guess is there's a certain about of customization.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I do hope so. While I do like the new male and female protagonist's designs, the male looks bland. Hopefully this is something they announce in the future.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
With the whole world being involved in the launch this time around, I would hope our characters would be unique individuals.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I think that it will be possible because of that scene but it could also be a starting scenario where we are starting our adventure and checking our clothes and other things.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
It's something I have always wanted in the games, and now that we moved to 3DS, the possibility is higher!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Why not? Now in 3D there's plently of room to implement such a feature. And I'm pretty confident it will be very well received!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
The male protagonist looks a lot like Hilbert so i'm hoping there is some kind of customization but it is doubtful.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, we're always hoping for customizable characters, but it never seems to happen. The day that they do do this, I will cheer.
However, now that they're using 3D models, it could happen. They did have customizable characters in Battle Revolution, after all.

Tox

fight me
Years
The style is very similar to Dragon Quest IX in which customization is available so hopefully they'll include it. It's quite difficult to give a detailed design to the characters of modeled like that. I doubt they have any big trainer sprites like in previous games since they wouldn't fit with the style of the game. If there was Sugi-style artwork of the protagonists, it'd probably be really plain. It's also odd that it wasn't included in the video. So yeah, I'm really hoping for customization here.

EDIT; As glitchguy mentioned, the protagonist looks suspiciously like Hilbert. Also, if you look closely at the video, the girl seems to have a very similar hairstyle to Iris in another colour. And also, the girl that's following the protagonist in the video has May's clothes and Rosa's hairstyle. Extremely suspicious, haha.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm only hoping for outfit customization rather than a customization of the protagonist's appearance, because there's a chance that Gen VI's protagonist, possibly the female trainer, will appear in the next Smash Bros. title to co-exist with Red and represent Gen VI with his default appearance rather than a random physical appearance. Sakurai wouldn't want to use a customizable character with no canon appearance. So I sincerely hope that this protagonist's appearance is his canon appearance.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
oh i hope so! i was just talking to someone about this! it does seem more rpg looking because it is in 3D. that would be an excellent feature (:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I've been waiting for them to let us customize our trainers. It would be a really fun feature.
Different outfits and accessories.
/girlmoment

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
Customization would certainly be a fun new mechanic. =]

While I'm not averse to the male protagonist (I skipped 5th gen) he doesn't really allure me. If they can allow us to alter his hair and clothing that would be fantastic. Not saying he needs pizzazz *Shot* but some minor customization tweaks to his attire would be appreciated.

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
I'm really impressed with the female design, but the male design is disappointing. It seems like brown hair, brown eyes, and that small town look is the trend. I'm all for customization - if so this game will be a real winner.

Back