• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Player Customization

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I think that it will be possible because of that scene but it could also be a starting scenario where we are starting our adventure and checking our clothes and other things.

That would be perfect to start in the game. First you customize your trainer, then when it's finished, you start with that exact sequence with your trainer looking into the mirror.

AXELXu7

Kusari Ninja
Years
I wish they'd implement character customization and being able to choose what you say to people. Give the character a voice for crap's sake! This is the main reason I was so interested in ROM hacks.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Although extremely unlikely, I wouldn't mind it if there was some sort of department in the shopping mall in these games (assuming there is a mall, which there most likely would be), that's dedicated to giving you maximum customization in your character! Like, they would be selling (sun)glasses, probably scarves as well as other additional items that you could wear~!

I doubt most of the accessories (especially good ones) will be available in-game and easy to purchase with the in-game currency. Since the company is mostly looking for a reason for others to spend more money on their products, they might distribute some accessories through downloadable content.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
You'd be surprised. There are a lot of games online with absolutely no point at all that have people constantly spending money on accessories just to chat. I think Pokemon is popular enough for people to buy into it. Hell, I'd be into it if I could buy options like skin color. So long as they try to keep it away from being a complete money grab.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Player costumes

So, I think I suggested this back before Black and White came out, but I still think it would be a cool addition. What if we could unlock different costumes for our protagonists to use by doing different things in the game, sort of like C-gear skins or achievements or something similar. It wouldn't be that difficult to add, I would imagine, and I would really love it. What are your thoughts? What costumes would you like to see?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
So, I think I suggested this back before Black and White came out, but I still think it would be a cool addition. What if we could unlock different costumes for our protagonists to use by doing different things in the game, sort of like C-gear skins or achievements or something similar. It wouldn't be that difficult to add, I would imagine, and I would really love it. What are your thoughts? What costumes would you like to see?

This. C-gear skin is seldom a really noticeable change, since (in-game) it serves no role. However, if they distribute passwords to unlock certain costumes, let's say a Red-mod, it would be much more noticeable and more welcome since it adds a certain spice to playing, running around ala- Red.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I think there should be different outfits for different seasons (assuming if they cntinue season changes) like shorts for summer, woolen jackets/sweaters/blazers for winter etc.

Years
I'd really, really like to see character customization because it's one of my favorite things in a lot of games with it, but I don't know if Game Freak will put in the effort for it.

I'd be happy even if it was just allowing for choosing between multiple models, assuming they're not all Hilbert.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think there should be different outfits for different seasons (assuming if they cntinue season changes) like shorts for summer, woolen jackets/sweaters/blazers for winter etc.

That'd actually be a really cool thing to have. It was nice having Platinum with the protagonists being dressed up for the winter, but then that didn't even stretch out past the first few routes, and then all the snow was gone. Now that we have proper seasons, having clothing to change in to that varies with the weather would be awesome. I mean, I doubt someone would wear a very light jacket and shorts while it was winter out.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Trainer customization is something I'm slightly torn on. I look at the pros and cons of it and decide that way.

If it were my way, I'd have full customization for every aspect of the trainer, but then there's no identifiable protagonist, no one to base Ash off or put in the movies/Anime.
Game Freak, realistically, would have it so you have one base trainer, and have it so you can change the colour of their jeans/skirt/shorts, trainers, jacket and hair. I think different hats of slightly varying designs for the clothes aren't too much of a far stretch either.
They'd probably want to make it so no two trainers look the same so everyone has a distinctive design, but the character still resembles the base design enough.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Although I think it does make sense to pull trainers from the games to throw in the anime (Other than the obvious Gym Leaders and stuff, I mean characters like May as she was the female protagonist Gen 3), it also isn't absolutely necessary either. It's really not the far from the realm of possibility that the anime could just create entirely new characters from scratch. If the reasons that we're holding off on being able to customize our character is just because the anime needs to have a single character to pull from, then I think priorities should be re-evaluated. Although it's not a feature that's necessary or anything, it shouldn't be contingent on what the anime wants to do, especially since it comes out after the games.

tl;dr Inclusion of customization shouldn't care about what the anime wants to do

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'd personally take skin color and hair color over other forms of customization honestly, but that's just me. I wouldn't care as much if I was stuck with the same hairdo or clothes design so it would still basically be a model of the 'official' region's protagonist.

This is probably something that would be the lowest of priorities, if even considered at all, when it comes to what they'd do with something like this, but eh...one can dream.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I would love player customization. I have been wanting it for a long time. I usually like the protagonists of the games, but I would like to make the characters a little more like myself.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That's how I feel. Unlike many other games where there is a 'set' set character, the protagonists in Pokemon games are supposed to be more of a reflection of ourselves, the players. That's why I'm hoping to get some decent customization too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
You Probably wont be able to change cloths until end of the game or late game. Or watch it just be a cut scene.

Back