• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fire Red 1000 Patch + 7th Gen Rom Base (ALOLAN POKEMON ADDED)

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
So I've been pretty busy. I have added all of Gen 7 into the game. It's the same 1040 patch created by Pokefreak890. You can find the credits in on his post (Posted Below), however I have added all of 7th gen, including Alolan pokemon. Obviously not all moves are in, so they are replaced with pound, but every pokemon has the correct amount of moves. Abilities that are not in are left blank. TMs are not finished. Habitats and egg moves are not either. Evolutions are in, stats are in, etc etc. I have also updated previous sprites and added shadows below pokemon that should be hovering, etc. I'm pretty sure I included a hex hack that would allow evolution to work as well.

(To rephrase, everything is in that I possibly could put in. All of their moves are not pound lol. Just the ones that haven't been created. Moves from 7th gen).

1rCQb5n.png
9Pxf02F.png

otyHUJN.png
oJOTZ4H.png

Enjoy guys. I'll be updating this a bit, but it's basically done. (a lot of pokemon icons aren't finished)

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/il9cbmq1y47zr45/Gen 7 Complete.ups?dl=0

Edit:
Actually I just confirmed, I forgot to add the hex hack to this so it would allow these pokemon to evolve without a national dex. If anyone could link that to me, I would appreciate it. Forgot where I saw it.

Link to Pokefreak890's thread:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=367402

Link to Sprites I used:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703
Turtonator Sprites, as well as a few others done by Leparagon

Last edited:
Years
How'd you handle Alola mons that don't have a sprite yet? (Turtonator, most notably)

The evolution hack you mentioned can easily be done via a hex editor (this info is credit to Jambo51):
At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. This makes the previously conditional branch into an unconditional branch, which fixes the evolutions.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
How'd you handle Alola mons that don't have a sprite yet? (Turtonator, most notably)

The evolution hack you mentioned can easily be done via a hex editor (this info is credit to Jambo51):
At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. This makes the previously conditional branch into an unconditional branch, which fixes the evolutions.

All sprites are taken care of, and look professional. (except ultra beasts and a select few... some of those look kind of bad) I did some deep searching for a turtonator sprite. Also I have handled the unconditional branch, but haven't updated the file yet.

wlGMt6T.png

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
All sprites are taken care of, and look professional. (except ultra beasts and a select few... some of those look kind of bad) I did some deep searching for a turtonator sprite. Also I have handled the unconditional branch, but haven't updated the file yet.

wlGMt6T.png

Credit the artist...?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
I would if I could remember where I found it. Sad that I spend this long on something and all I get is a "credit the artist", lol.
The Turtonator sprite (both front and back) are made by Leparagon :)

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I will use this Rom base. What base did you use, 1460 base or 1020 base? and How I can enable the Mega Evolution / Primal Reversion for some Pokemon, if that method are not there in evolution method or ini? :)

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
I have a problem for patching the file.
I tried with Fire red 1.0 and 1.1 (in 16 mb and 32 mb) but I can't open the game in PGE (i'm using the right ini)

Could you describe me the steps to patch your file (I mean, the file you use to patch, if you expand your rom before patching, etc).

sm7302

Ace Trainer Seamor
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 26, 2021
I tried with Fire red 1.0 and 1.1 (in 16 mb and 32 mb) but I can't open the game in PGE (i'm using the right ini)

Could you describe me the steps to patch your file (I mean, the file you use to patch, if you expand your rom before patching, etc).
I second this. I'd like to get a rom hack going, and I'd like to use Popplio as a starter, but I am unable to use this in any program.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I will use this Rom base. What base did you use, 1460 base or 1020 base? and How I can enable the Mega Evolution / Primal Reversion for some Pokemon, if that method are not there in evolution method or ini? :)

The Mega Items are in there. Everything should just work. It's 1460.

I second this. I'd like to get a rom hack going, and I'd like to use Popplio as a starter, but I am unable to use this in any program.

This is the same ini as the base that I used. The game works properly, correct? I'll try to post the ini here in a few. I had no issue getting it to work.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Okay, thanks. What type of Fire Red rom should I use? and Are Mega Evolution / Primal Reversion, In or Out of battle. When it use here?

Last edited:

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
The Mega Items are in there. Everything should just work. It's 1460.

This is the same ini as the base that I used. The game works properly, correct? I'll try to post the ini here in a few. I had no issue getting it to work.
I have the message 'Patching has been done (in extenso, the patch has been done without problem) however when I load the rom on VBA it doesn't work (white screen). I checked the file in Hex editor and the data looks bad. Besides, your file weight is less important than the Pok?freak patch (your file = 15, 5 Mb against 22,7 Mb)or your file should contain more content. I'm confused.

Years
I have the message 'Patching has been done (in extenso, the patch has been done without problem) however when I load the rom on VBA it doesn't work (white screen). I checked the file in Hex editor and the data looks bad. Besides, your file weight is less important than the Pok?freak patch (your file = 15, 5 Mb against 22,7 Mb)or your file should contain more content. I'm confused.

The same is happening to me. I believe the patching is incorrect.

Please try it. :)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Does this work with advance map? I've tried to load it up inside AdvanceMap but an error comes up every time. Do you know if it works or should i give up and just use the first 3 gens of pokemon. Thanks

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
Does this work with advance map? I've tried to load it up inside AdvanceMap but an error comes up every time. Do you know if it works or should i give up and just use the first 3 gens of pokemon. Thanks

You can always just make your own base for yourself like I am doing. It takes a bit of time but it's worth it in my eyes.

Back