Advertiser Content
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
34 posts
1.9 Years
Hi!
I recently learned about this ASMagics and looked through a few tutorials like the FBI, Shinyquagsire, etc and learned how to compile, so I used a routine from the asm resource thread and compiled using HackMew's compiler and inserted into a rom and poof it wont work for some god damn reason please help if someone knows the solution.

secret info over here:
Spoiler:
i'll credit the one who helps me with this mess. :wink-right-eye:
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 12th, 2019
120 posts
3.4 Years
Hi!
I recently learned about this ASMagics and looked through a few tutorials like the FBI, Shinyquagsire, etc and learned how to compile, so I used a routine from the asm resource thread and compiled using HackMew's compiler and inserted into a rom and poof it wont work for some god damn reason please help if someone knows the solution.

secret info over here:
Spoiler:
i'll credit the one who helps me with this mess. :wink-right-eye:
You'll need to be more specific. Does the game freeze or does the routine never get referenced. Did you make sure to insert it at an offset ending in 0,4,8,C? Did you remember to add in the hook linking the asm routine to the relevant function?
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 2nd, 2019
34 posts
1.9 Years
okay.
when i use random trainer id and secret id setter the game freezes while routines like the routine you gave me i.e.,the player name changer by loadpointer does nothing i.e., it doesn't get referenced.
and i make sure to use offset ending with 0, 4, 8, c.
and as far as i know there was no hook to the above routines.

EDIT: this is not the only routine like even routines which are compiled by the author works but if i compile them then they won't so i'm stuck with regular game functions.
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 12th, 2019
120 posts
3.4 Years
okay.
when i use random trainer id and secret id setter the game freezes while routines like the routine you gave me i.e.,the player name changer by loadpointer does nothing i.e., it doesn't get referenced.
and i make sure to use offset ending with 0, 4, 8, c.
and as far as i know there was no hook to the above routines.

EDIT: this is not the only routine like even routines which are compiled by the author works but if i compile them then they won't so i'm stuck with regular game functions.
I did have a small error that i've fixed in the original post, and I tested it and it works fine. As far as the random trainer ID, I would guess its something wrong with the .random definition at the bottom of the routine. Though I haven't used that routine myself.
Advertiser Content