• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Hey guys, so after a few months absence, I am back with a HUGE update to Kanlara Adventures.

This update fixes a lot of problems in the game and adds requested features such as Physical/Special split, and various updated sprites. It's honestly a really huge update, a lot of time went into and I hope you guys will try it out. It's in the first post.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Hey guys, so after a few months absence, I am back with a HUGE update to Kanlara Adventures.

This update fixes a lot of problems in the game and adds requested features such as Physical/Special split, and various updated sprites. It's honestly a really huge update, a lot of time went into and I hope you guys will try it out. It's in the first post.

Ah just restarted and it doesn't show the split. I'm taking a guess saying its like Dark Rising 2 and doesn't show the icons?

Still hunting an Modest Porygon right now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Yeah, the icons don't show, but trust me the split is there :P

Also I will make a list telling which move is physical/special and put it in the first post sometime soon so people can use it for reference, since there are a few original moves in the game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, the icons don't show, but trust me the split is there :P

Also I will make a list telling which move is physical/special and put it in the first post sometime soon so people can use it for reference, since there are a few original moves in the game.

Ya kinda thought that was it.

Ironically got a Modest Porygon seconds after reading your reply (took a break and farmed a holiday boss on Wizard101) and nice job on his back sprite. Trying to level him up to learn Psybeam right now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
Ya kinda thought that was it.

Ironically got a Modest Porygon seconds after reading your reply (took a break and farmed a holiday boss on Wizard101) and nice job on his back sprite. Trying to level him up to learn Psybeam right now.

Nice! I think you'll be happy to learn it learns Psybeam already at Lv. 7 due to the new Gen 7 style movelist.

Hoeen? You misspelled Hoenn

Whoops!

Anyways guys I have now made a type chart (took way too long to make but whatever) to help people understand the new Demon type and what it does so here it is. I hope it is understandable if not let me know anyways the gist of it is the Demon type resists all types by 30 %, meaning it takes 70 % from all moves EXCEPT other Demon moves. It also hits nothing for SE and is resisted by nothing. Other than that, the chart is just standard Gen 3 stuff.

Putting it in the OP, too.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
The demon type should not resist every type, some types should deal 100% damage against the demon type for the sake of balance.

Well, they do resist every type (except for Demon) but only for 30 %, meaning you'll still do good damage if you can land something that's good against their secondary type. Additionally, Demon Pokémon retain the same base stat total as the normal form, however some of their stats are shifted around to promote a certain stat or idea. A good example is Demon Pidgeot who loses Defense and Sp. Def but gains Atk and Speed to promote an aggressive playstyle.

This should go in the OP, but I am planning to roll out more and more stuff about the game, right now I'm just letting players sort of discover on their own, which is why I haven't posted things like stats and I haven't even revealed all the Demon Pokémon.

Anyways I appreciate your input and I guess the idea is to do a balance and bug patch in the future when I've recieved more feedback.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Did anyone keep a copy of 1.2 I wanted to check the latest old version before I play the remastered beta... Can't even find it in any website, I only found 1.1

Last edited:

Trainer 766

No offense; while I do like your concept of Demon Pokémon and I respect your liberty to use Gen 2 sprites for them, I have to comment that while the Gen 2 sprites are scary and all, recoloring them black and white with red eyes is... not very good. You either demonize the Pokémon, or change it to a more ruthless-looking sprite, but not both.

The idea of using old-gen sprites in a hack with modern generations is what I would say "... meh, but... meh" and so on. Looking at the title screen makes people think this hack is a demake of FireRed. (Coloring is ok, just needs more shading)

If feasible and asking this is not crossing the line, I suggest you redo the sprites in your idea (or draw them very closely to those Gen 2 sprites, but in GBA kind of graphics) so it would give off a more demonic feel.

Nevertheless, congrats. This game finally has the requested PSS Split.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
No offense; while I do like your concept of Demon Pokémon and I respect your liberty to use Gen 2 sprites for them, I have to comment that while the Gen 2 sprites are scary and all, recoloring them black and white with red eyes is... not very good. You either demonize the Pokémon, or change it to a more ruthless-looking sprite, but not both.

The idea of using old-gen sprites in a hack with modern generations is what I would say "... meh, but... meh" and so on. Looking at the title screen makes people think this hack is a demake of FireRed. (Coloring is ok, just needs more shading)

If feasible and asking this is not crossing the line, I suggest you redo the sprites in your idea (or draw them very closely to those Gen 2 sprites, but in GBA kind of graphics) so it would give off a more demonic feel.

Nevertheless, congrats. This game finally has the requested PSS Split.

I do like your idea of drawing them sort of in the same pose as their Gen 2 sprite but in 'GBA kind of graphics' which I think is what you're suggesting, if I could execute well on this then that could be a possibility for a future update. I'll put some time into GIMP and see what I can do, and if I make something good, I'll post it here.

So, the game is incomplete?

Nope, it currently has 8 Badges + E4. Is the 'beta' label confusing? I put it because I didn't have time to test everything I wanted, and so that I would rely on other people playing the game as well to help me find bugs and get some input and then put out a final 'non-beta' version.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I do like your idea of drawing them sort of in the same pose as their Gen 2 sprite but in 'GBA kind of graphics' which I think is what you're suggesting, if I could execute well on this then that could be a possibility for a future update. I'll put some time into GIMP and see what I can do, and if I make something good, I'll post it here.

Nope, it currently has 8 Badges + E4. Is the 'beta' label confusing? I put it because I didn't have time to test everything I wanted, and so that I would rely on other people playing the game as well to help me find bugs and get some input and then put out a final 'non-beta' version.

Thanks! I'm not a fan of the demon Pokémon, they just seem a little funny to me, but I'm sure I will love the game.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
since you are making a remastered version, can you please also lower the levels of some of the teams of some major bosses? (leaders, villains, etc.) I mean seeing that not everyone is willing to spend most of the game grinding I think it's fair. i'd also suggest less OP mons for the teams as well even though it's not as urgent.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 3, 2018
Aegislash doesn't have the ability Stance Change? Just levitate in all of it evolutions?
Also is Scyther in the game and can you give it speed boost.

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Is this game already finished?
Does it have a post game content like a battle tower facility?

Back