• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Electro Ball

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 10, 2015
Just finished playing the alpha. Overall it was pretty good. Tiles look nice. There are a few bugs/glitches though. First, the pc in you're room glitches if you click on it. A firered pc pops up instead of just using the pc in the room. There area couple of tile errors in the player's room by the windows. Also, the person who gives you poke balls is not there. You face nothing and receive them. The events aren't very smooth either. Such as player over world's randomly appearing. Also, a few grammar errors as well. Overall though it was a nice alpha and I'm looking forward to the next release.

Years
Guys, I am having a bit of problem updating the hack, I have made a lot changes in the rom using Advance Map but they aren't appearing in the gameplay, for example I changed the flag of an overworld sprite but it reverts back when I close & open it again! although I had clicked the save button. If anyone has encountered this error before, please tell how I am gonna fix this

#FAARSAL

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I got through playing the hack, and I must say Its quite a piece of work here. Im not sure if you've fixed some of these bugs or exploits skipping events but i'll list some of theme I've run into:
Music Missing from inside towns
Running shoes tend to work when they want to
An alternate Route on Route 21 allows me to pass the meeting with Gary

The Gameplay:
I'm not sure if you were just testing out the Pokemon Encounters, but Route 21 is ridiculously populated. I've ran into about 8 different kinds of Pokemon in the first Route. it felt like a safari zone. You should lessen the amount of Pokemon in the beginning routes. it's way too much for the beginning of a Pokemon Game. Also, the difficulty spike once you get to Route 1 is outrageous. The trainers and wild Pokemon were level 9-12. And since i had taken an alternate route to the Professors Lab, I was extremely under leveled. Even after I battled the Trainers on Route 21. I had to grind to be able to pass Trainer Lara.

The Characters and Text:
This needs plenty of work. I found the dialogue in this game to be very all over the place. It kind of felt like a random Fanfiction. What i mean is the conversation between the player and the mother made it seem as if the Mother wasn't sure what to say. The repeated word "Yeah" makes the sentence seem awful and unfitting for an Adult. I'd recommend fixing how you do the dialog. As in have one person talk per text box. Combining them makes it seem strange especially when you made the text different colors to distinguish who was talking. The interaction with Ash should also change. He took the time out to introduce himself and have a conversation with the Player, even though his Pokemon was injured.

Mapping:
Mapping need some work to be honest. It'd not bad, its just sort of bland. You should put in a little more creativity into it. Also probably add a little more flowers or structures to the towns. They seemed kind of barren. That or it was the tiles. I'd highly recommend going The Map Rating/Review Thread. There you can post pictures of your map and get great feedback from excellent Pokemon Mappers. It could probably give you some ideas too.

Years
I got through playing the hack, and I must say Its quite a piece of work here. Im not sure if you've fixed some of these bugs or exploits skipping events but i'll list some of theme I've run into:
Music Missing from inside towns
Running shoes tend to work when they want to
An alternate Route on Route 21 allows me to pass the meeting with Gary

The Gameplay:
I'm not sure if you were just testing out the Pokemon Encounters, but Route 21 is ridiculously populated. I've ran into about 8 different kinds of Pokemon in the first Route. it felt like a safari zone. You should lessen the amount of Pokemon in the beginning routes. it's way too much for the beginning of a Pokemon Game. Also, the difficulty spike once you get to Route 1 is outrageous. The trainers and wild Pokemon were level 9-12. And since i had taken an alternate route to the Professors Lab, I was extremely under leveled. Even after I battled the Trainers on Route 21. I had to grind to be able to pass Trainer Lara.

The Characters and Text:
This needs plenty of work. I found the dialogue in this game to be very all over the place. It kind of felt like a random Fanfiction. What i mean is the conversation between the player and the mother made it seem as if the Mother wasn't sure what to say. The repeated word "Yeah" makes the sentence seem awful and unfitting for an Adult. I'd recommend fixing how you do the dialog. As in have one person talk per text box. Combining them makes it seem strange especially when you made the text different colors to distinguish who was talking. The interaction with Ash should also change. He took the time out to introduce himself and have a conversation with the Player, even though his Pokemon was injured.

Mapping:
Mapping need some work to be honest. It'd not bad, its just sort of bland. You should put in a little more creativity into it. Also probably add a little more flowers or structures to the towns. They seemed kind of barren. That or it was the tiles. I'd highly recommend going The Map Rating/Review Thread. There you can post pictures of your map and get great feedback from excellent Pokemon Mappers. It could probably give you some ideas too.
1. The alternate route was a mistake I had planned a rock there but it was not implemented because of my bad memory.
2. GamePlay:Aren't in anime you face a lot of kind of Pokemon in one place, I wasn't testing it for sure but I did put all the Pokemon I had with updated sprite.
3. Dialogs are made very usual ones. People often repeat words. Although the ash's one was really bugged one, I was not sure what to do at that time.
4. Mapping: I have received many complaints about it. I am trying to improve my mapping skills but don't you think changing the already done maps would be a waste of time?

Years
BvrNSFo.png

Divine City Mapping Compete Doesn't it looks impressive? Suggestions are welcomed.
Spoiler:

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
BvrNSFo.png

Divine City Mapping Compete Doesn't it looks impressive? Suggestions are welcomed.
Spoiler:
Seems a tad empty. Maybe replace that extra Pokemon Center with a house. Or add some more trees on the town's grass. But yes, that tileset is gorgeous! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years
BvrNSFo.png

Spoiler:

I'm confused as to why there are two Pokemon Centers. Also the Pokemon Center at the top seems to be in an awkward spot and I'm not really sure why, but what do I know? You seem to be doing a solid job and I hope you can finish this hack!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
BvrNSFo.png

Spoiler:

Have to agree with the second pokemon center. And I'm pretty sure your going to need put mountain on all sides. This is a quick change idea I drew over the map
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'd strongly recommend making some test maps and posting them in the Map Rating/Review Thread, to get feedback on how to make maps. Also is there something wrong with the tiles you're using? The roads look strange and the flowers or little yellow dots in three are different shades than the grass.

Years
Seems a tad empty. Maybe replace that extra Pokemon Center with a house. Or add some more trees on the town's grass. But yes, that tileset is gorgeous! Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I really like the idea of adding trees. And the other building identical to Pokemon Centre is not a Pokemon Centre. I am going to make it an trade centre. I did not had any tile suitable for being trade centre so I used the PokeCentre tile with a bit of change in door.

Have to agree with the second pokemon center. And I'm pretty sure your going to need put mountain on all sides. This is a quick change idea I drew over the map
Spoiler:

Not getting your idea clearly, What do you want be to do with the mountain? Please make it clear

I'd strongly recommend making some test maps and posting them in the Map Rating/Review Thread, to get feedback on how to make maps. Also is there something wrong with the tiles you're using? The roads look strange and the flowers or little yellow dots in three are different shades than the grass.

No need of map rating when we have our own friends, who are following the hack, to rate all my updates

I'm confused as to why there are two Pokemon Centers. Also the Pokemon Center at the top seems to be in an awkward spot and I'm not really sure why, but what do I know? You seem to be doing a solid job and I hope you can finish this hack!

The second building isn't a PokeCentre. It is a trade centre. Thanks for your support, I hope I complete this Hack

_____________TERRIBLE NEWS________________
My Laptop's Charger is dead. A new one is no where to be found. My Lappi had all the data of the game inside it. So I cannot continue the hack without it. Looking for a new charger or moving the hack to my PC. I will try to continue as soon as possible. If anyone wants to cooperate in this hack. He is surely welcome. Since I am receiving some comments about mapping. So I would be needing a mapper & a spriter for designing sprites.

Last edited:
Years
The second building isn't a PokeCentre. It is a trade centre. Thanks for your support, I hope I complete this Hack

_____________TERRIBLE NEWS________________
My Laptop's Charger is dead. A new one is no where to be found. My Lappi had all the data of the game inside it. So I cannot continue the hack without it. Looking for a new charger or moving the hack to my PC. I will try to continue as soon as possible. If anyone wants to cooperate in this hack. He is surely welcome. Since I am receiving some comments about mapping. So I would be needing a mapper & a spriter for designing sprites.

Maybe you could possibly change the trade center building for another one that doesn't look like a Pokemon Center. It's a little confusing to be honest. Good luck finding the charger though! It'd be horrible to go without a laptop.

Years
Wow, this version of the map looks a lot better! Good luck with your hack.

I like it! Same goes for Tranquil's map. You're getting better! Though about the trade center.. How about a different color for it? Maybe green?

Thanks Guys , I have also made a bug free version of Alpha, Will upload it very soon. P.s Different color idea seems to be awesome. I will try it as I have some pallet left.

Years
BvrNSFo.png

Now Supporting Banners are Available for friends who want to support this hack and want it to be continued
Spoiler:

Back