• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon evolutions that feel like seperate pokemon?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Scizor and Scyther to me feel like two different pokemon. both have 500 BST and look way different. Their relationship feels like sibling species rather than a evolution of one into the other.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I've always found Glalie to be a very weird evolution for Snorunt, Froslass feels like it suits Snorunt much better than it. Glalie just feels like....it could have been a standalone Pokémon, not even going to lie about that.

I can't really think of any others, except maybe some Unova Pokémon...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Glalie is just weird O.o Froslass is the cooler evo. Maybe not literally...

Gyarados is pretty weird for a lil useless karp to evolve into d:

Masquerain isn't weird as an evo, but it's very weird that it loses the water typing... could have been bug/water imo.

Phanphy and Donphan are so different that it took me a loooong time to realize that they're actually in the same family. The first is a small cute baby toy. The second is a big gray monster.

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
Phanphy and Donphan are so different that it took me a loooong time to realize that they're actually in the same family. The first is a small cute baby toy. The second is a big gray monster.

But both are elephants so it was ok for me ^^. In my case, i was thinking that Venonat was evolving in Butterfree when i first saw him as a child. But not in Venomoth!

More recently, i would like to mention Crabrawler and Crabominable (i know it's cold at Lanakila but come on! )

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh yeah, Venonat's and Metapod's evos certainly seem switched around o:

Years
Clampearl being able to evolve into either Gorebyss or Huntail still somehow mystifies me to this day.

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Dragonite. All your other arguments are invalid.

How in the world of everything does a beautiful serpentine dragon evolve into an orange Barney on steroids with wings so small they shouldn't physically allow Dragonite to fly? It's beyond me.

Just make Dragonite a standalone and have Dragonair evolve into Milotic. I wouldn't complain at all. (Also deletes any use for Feebas while I'm at it).

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
It's strange. A lot of Pokémon from the first three Generations look different from their evolved forms. Raticate, Fearow, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Gyarados, Furret, Noctowl, Ariados, Lanturn, Bellossom, Ampharos, Ludicolo, Breloom, Masquerain, Hariyama, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Vibrava, Claydol, Milotic... The list goes on.

Last edited:

Reli

uwu
Years
Everyone forgets Remoraid and Octillery
evolves in the level 25 and... I don't know, I never understand what happen there

Years
forretress sure seems a hell of a lot different from pineco

although it could be just me not understand how that evolutionary line works

Back