• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
At the risk of double posting, Gen III's second frames are complete!

keWHGl5.png

Now because all of Gens I - III are completed I will be making an animation patch.
It will be available in the Dropbox and won't take any extra space, as it won't have the actual second frames added, but rather just the animation bytes, lengths and frames, so that when you insert the second frames the animation will fit.

Back to Gen IV and V afterwards!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Congratulations! Three down, three to go? :P

Will you also be making available the animation data you're inserting as a plain table, so that those of us who plan on rearranging entries in the same manner as Altair and Sirius have something to work from?

MrDollSteak

Years
Congratulations! Three down, three to go? :P

Will you also be making available the animation data you're inserting as a plain table, so that those of us who plan on rearranging entries in the same manner as Altair and Sirius have something to work from?

I could do that, but there's not much point actually. The issue is that there are four tables for each Pokemon. I've only edited two of them, one of them the actual animation type, and the other the frame switch timing. I've not touched the frame length or the animation length tables. If you want to rearrange entries like Sirius, it's honestly easier to just rearrange the Pokedex, and keep the pokemon that are in the game in their respective slots.

Either way I'd look at the thread in Research and Development that documents the location of the tables, as well as what each animation byte corresponds to.

MrDollSteak

Years
Nice! 3 generations to go... ^^ I hope MEs are also planned to be included as well...

I don't think I will do Mega Evolutions because they would only be shown in the pokemon stat screen during a battle. I might just give them the default shake without a second frame to mirror their entry animation in battle.

EDIT: Because I don't want to double post, the patch for making the Emerald animations work with the new sprites is now found in the Emerald folder of the dropbox. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
So.. I'm still going to try to help you...
Do you have Budew for Emerald already? I made a Budew.
BWDaY8A.png

Is it too big...?

Years
I'm thinking of churning some of these out regularly if these are acceptable; I noticed that you missed the Combee and Vespiquen sprites that Sky High submitted a while back (page 3-4 I think), you may want to update that. Also, I noticed the Budew sprite above was a slightly off scale so I went and did that one anyway.

Kricketune
6lcsoLd.png

Budew
hNi2wSO.png

Roserade
wcpddRT.png

Shieldon
EI2QW96.png

Bastiodon
76VmoPm.png

I used the first frame from your FR sprites so the pallets as far as I know are suigimori style. Which sprites are safe to work on? I intended to work on the missing ones in order if that's alright. Shieldon and Bastiodon were Gen V second frames I already had that I cleaned up a little, whilst the second frame looks bigger, the body sizes are a fit, it may be I think due to the charging nature of the animation, or possibly because they are simply incompatible.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
So.. I'm still going to try to help you...
Do you have Budew for Emerald already? I made a Budew.
BWDaY8A.png

Is it too big...?

Yes it's too big. I also already have it sorry.

I'm thinking of churning some of these out regularly if these are acceptable; I noticed that you missed the Combee and Vespiquen sprites that Sky High submitted a while back (page 3-4 I think), you may want to update that. Also, I noticed the Budew sprite above was a slightly off scale so I went and did that one anyway.

Kricketune
6lcsoLd.png

Budew
hNi2wSO.png

Roserade
wcpddRT.png

Shieldon
EI2QW96.png

Bastiodon
76VmoPm.png

I used the first frame from your FR sprites so the pallets as far as I know are suigimori style. Which sprites are safe to work on? I intended to work on the missing ones in order if that's alright. Shieldon and Bastiodon were Gen V second frames I already had that I cleaned up a little, whilst the second frame looks bigger, the body sizes are a fit, it may be I think due to the charging nature of the animation, or possibly because they are simply incompatible.

Yeah sorry these aren't actually cleaned up at all, and I don't think you resized them at the same ratio as the originals, which is why their body shapes look bigger.

Here's the next batch of Gen IV second frames, a lot of these have been done for awhile but I'd forgotten to update them.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Yeah sorry these aren't actually cleaned up at all, and I don't think you resized them at the same ratio as the originals, which is why their body shapes look bigger.

Jeez, shot me right down there. I didn't hold out for much in the first place, which is why I only did a couple (and yeah I did start to cut corners as I went on). I just go off what looks good whereas I feel you have more of an exact science, which is why I haven't really tried contributing to these before. That kricketune one was perfectly resized since that was the first I did but a single sprite isnt really much of a contribution, sorry I'm rambling now, getting excited/impatient I guess. It's good to see this really taking shape as it's invaluable to the community so I understand the rigorous quality control.

MrDollSteak

Years
Jeez, shot me right down there. I didn't hold out for much in the first place, which is why I only did a couple (and yeah I did start to cut corners as I went on). I just go off what looks good whereas I feel you have more of an exact science, which is why I haven't really tried contributing to these before. That kricketune one was perfectly resized since that was the first I did but a single sprite isnt really much of a contribution, sorry I'm rambling now, getting excited/impatient I guess. It's good to see this really taking shape as it's invaluable to the community so I understand the rigorous quality control.

What I do is compare the original sprite with the resized one, to polish up the linework, and to make sure everything is roughly in the same place. Kricketune one isn't perfectly resized, though it is the best out of your submitted ones, but its claws and feet for example aren't proportional to the original sprite! Hope this helps.

icons of IV, V and VI gen will be awesome like these icons... i know that ;)

The Gen VI ones are in the other thread. I'm working on IV now.

The background palette for the second frame is different from the first frame so that's why I got problems in uploading it on Advance Sprite Editor.

Fixed!

New batch of Gen IV second frames.

Spoiler:

MrDollSteak

Years
Should I contribute, can I use some Gen. 4 or 5 frames for the 2nd frame if the pose is relative to the FR sprites here?

I don't know what you mean.

Anyway, here are some more Gen 4 second frames! Only about 10-15 left including the Rotom formes.

Spoiler:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I don't know what you mean.

Anyway, here are some more Gen 4 second frames! Only about 10-15 left including the Rotom formes.

Spoiler:

Sorry for not clarifying... What I mean is that, can I use some frames from D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 as a second frame for the EM section as long as it looks well with your frames at the FR section? Say for instance, I will make a second frame for the Rotom forms, I'll get the second frame pose from the games that I mentioned...

By the way, I'm very excited to see the completion of Gen. 4... ^^

MrDollSteak

Years
Sorry for not clarifying... What I mean is that, can I use some frames from D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 as a second frame for the EM section as long as it looks well with your frames at the FR section? Say for instance, I will make a second frame for the Rotom forms, I'll get the second frame pose from the games that I mentioned...

By the way, I'm very excited to see the completion of Gen. 4... ^^

Yes... obviously. The sprites from Fire Red are all from those games. The point of this thread is that they are resized sprites from those games. Though make sure you follow the instructions when you resize otherwise I won't accept them.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Yes... obviously. The sprites from Fire Red are all from those games. The point of this thread is that they are resized sprites from those games. Though make sure you follow the instructions when you resize otherwise I won't accept them.

I see... I hope I can contribute here soon...

By the way, why is that there's no Spinda for Emerald?

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I see... I hope I can contribute here soon...

By the way, why is that there's no Spinda for Emerald?

Spinda only has one frame because in the game it only has one frame. Spinda's spots are generated by the game and if it had a second frame they would move around the place.

Back