• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
When I first saw this thread, i was stunned!!
you're doing a brilliant job man !
I really like your idea.. and how you work it out!
I hope to see some progress cause it would be a shame if this is discontinued!!
so keep up the good work!!
PoKéMaKeR

RSLaehnart

Pokémon Dance Troupe HR
Years
This looks so stunning that I think I might have had Thunder Wave used on me. lolz
This looks just great! Might I ask if the battle system is done? I'd like to know how you got it to implement the same style as the games...

PS: I had been going to enter that contest you had, but I only just found this thread and it was 2 or so days too late... I really had wanted a chance at it. Maybe you could do another? One for completely custom pokémon that could appear in the region? Just throwing suggestions out there...

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Yeah, another contest! I might win this time! Or not.... Anyways, looking as good as ever Krimmsy. Pm me whenever you need me to do anything else...

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
@Dark-Cookie: No, Pokegen is not finished.

@RSLaehnart: Thanks ^^ Pokemon Essentials has the battle system already done, so yes, however the Attack Animations aren't done yet. And yes, there will be another contest soon ^^ Maybe for an evolution.

whopm1.png

Here are two previews of the map I've been working on nearly all day. Details will come later, but here are some quick screenshots. Tell me what you think the area is like~ Guess away!

citypreview2cm6.png
citypreviewba1.png

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

Now we are also looking for a Music Composer! If you can modify/edit or create your own
Pokemon Themed music, you're welcome to join us! : D

Atomic Reactor

on the corners and side of mountains you shouldn't see grass(when mountain is on top of mountain)
just thought id point that out.

keep up the good work!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
This game looks amazing I love the new pokemon and such. The screens/maps have a very realistic feel to them, one thing I'd like to point out is that the mountain steps you are using are the wrong ones. If you look at firered or leafgreen those particular steps are atually used for pathways that go down on the back side of a mountain, see Sevil Island 7's trainer tower for example. Just figured I'd point that out.

But other than that I really enjoy this game and look forward to reading it when you update.

Good Luck.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
your using the wrong layer of mountain.
on the corners and side of mountains you shouldn't see grass(when mountain is on top of mountain)
just thought id point that out.

keep up the good work!

Nice point.

I suggest also adding a sign to the docks in screenshot 2.

And an name for the gym leader can be....Mirra.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
rm2k3kid made a really badass sprite, there. ^_^ In speaking of sprites, that toucan Pokemon in your sig, Krimm - can't wait to see what it does.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I wouldn't use bad-ass. I would use boom shaka laka as a description.

I think that toucan is like the Pikachu of Outa. Outa's mascot.

Saiyu

♥ Eevee Insanity ♥
Years
Krimm isn't online right now, so I feel like answering what I can for him~!

Atomic Reactor... Krimm actually wants grass growing out of the side of the moutains for some reason >>

Libra.. I think we have the Gym Leader's names planned out, but I still like that name ^^

Heavy Octillary and Libra.. I'm not quite sure, but I believe Toulav- the toucan- is Krimm's favorite pokemon in Pokemon Neo Eras :3 So it is fitting that it would be the mascot <3 I like it to, but its not my favorite of the new pokemon.. I can't say what my favorite new pokemon is because you wouldn't even know; it hasn't been revealed yet xD

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Krimm isn't online right now, so I feel like answering what I can for him~!

Atomic Reactor... Krimm actually wants grass growing out of the side of the moutains for some reason >>

Libra.. I think we have the Gym Leader's names planned out, but I still like that name ^^

Heavy Octillary and Libra.. I'm not quite sure, but I believe Toulav- the toucan- is Krimm's favorite pokemon in Pokemon Neo Eras :3 So it is fitting that it would be the mascot <3 I like it to, but its not my favorite of the new pokemon.. I can't say what my favorite new pokemon is because you wouldn't even know; it hasn't been revealed yet xD

Who are you?
His/her interpreter?

Anyways, I quite like that name too, it's a derivation of Mirror (duh).

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
@Atomic Reactor: That isn't exactly an error, but it more or less states your opinion on mapping. However it does look better with mountain sides, so thanks for pointing that out I guess lol.

@MinorThreat: whoops x_x I wouldn't have ever guess...I don't play those games XD Well, I've never beaten them. I loose interest too quickly lol.

@Libra: Good idea :D Like I said, the map is nowhere close to being finished. NPCs, finalizing the houses, tileset, etc, etc. So I'll defnitely add a sign! And as Saiyu said, the Gym Leader for the city is already completed, and she's an active leader, so there isn't much chance I'll be removing her lol.

@Heavy Octillery & Libra: Heheh :3 Saiyu is right, the Toucan currently is, and always was my favorite Pokemon in Outa. I don't know if it's exactly the mascot of Outa, because Outa has several mascots that take the mascot appearance, like Aipom in the title screen, the Toucan under the title, and Elatt represents the storyline of a new beginning, similiar to how Pikachu symbolized a new beginning in the anime.

And yes, as I've stated previously, Saiyu is staff, and at any time can answer the questions, unless of course she doesn't know them. Since for the most part, she probably already knows what I would say : p

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm working really hard to bring you guys something special for the update! Just wait! lol.

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
None of your friends? *Goes off in a stress* Hehehe.

Anyways, looking good, like always. To keep this from being spam, i agree with all who said the cliff tiles are slightly wrong. But everything else in those screenies look fine, so well done Krimmy!

Atomic Reactor

o my bad, i just assumed it was a tile error.
you know what would be cool?
if you edited those tiles to make it look like grass had started to grow out of the side of the mountain!
just a suggestion,
^_^
keep up the good work

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
Neo eras looks awesome

it looks good but are you gonna make a story line based around a legendary or the pokemon L. or what?

I like the tiles though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back