• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Portfoilios!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
As an artist or designer who wishes to make a living form what they do, it is quite important that they keep a portfolio for potential hiring agents to see. A good portfolio can be the difference between an amazing artist getting the job or commission they want and being forever poor.

Do you keep a portfolio? If so, where? Or perhaps you're looking to start your first one, what are your plans? Do you need more direction?

Years
In term of counting online portfolios, I have one at my website. It's most what it serves for, and most students go through and say that's probably enough of a portfolio.

Though, behance or other sites do have a better curation option of in terms of showing close ups on a project by project basis, instead of just showing a lot of drawings, which is more suitable for design.

However, if you're talking about real in the flesh portfolios...I have one. My god was it expensive to make, it's now almost two years old, and I brought it into one unrelated job that was not the real reason they hired me.

But I have to say, having your stuff in huge print quality sure is nice.... If you live in a big city and are looking for full-time positions where you go in to interview having a large print portfolio beats out an ipad or something, especially if you are going into a place which you'll work in print media.

But seriously it's expensive and gets outdated fast. You gotta be on the know about print shops and paper and how you're making your images, keep it updated.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I've actually been working on mine!

Switching over to using Squarespace as my main website/portfolio which is still underdevelopment, but I'm also starting to set up a Behance portfolio too - Really like it since I can show the process of how each piece I've created was done too. Also trying to fix up my Github account in terms of web stuffs I've been creating. Thinking about creating/restarting my Facebook page as a place for my work, but I've put it at the back of my mind till my actual portfolio goes up.

Currently doing this internship placement program thing, so trying to get everything sussed before the actual meet and greet/ hiring/ interviewing part of the program at the later end of this year. Right now having the "I'm not satisfied with my current work " feels at the moment so I'm finishing a few things I'm working on and leaving some space to put those up.

Few neat videos from one of my favourite design and local youtuber since I liked her videos on making portfolios.

Spoiler:

Back