• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Tyranitar, Mega Manectric, and Mega Abomasnow now available!

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
They're available on PS Main but not on our server yet.

What do you guys think?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Mega-Tar and Manectric I see having an impact on OU with Rain teams being so prevalent and their ability to mitigate that strategy a fair amount. in addition, M-Manectric has such powerful/fast offense in addition to a useful ability in Intimidate, that it can fit on any team that isn't meant for stall. Not to mention the single weakness to ground, as common as earthquake is, being a major plus.

Not as well versed in M-Ttar's outlook but it can run multiple sets, to varying degrees of success, even as a mega, though its DDance set is one of my personal favorites, which plays to its biggest strength as a devastating wall breaker.

Sirfetch’d

I don't see Mega Abomasnow having a big impact on the higher tiers. Mega Tyranitar will likely still be outclassed by it's base form. Manectric however, should be really good. It has a really good ability in Intimidate and will serve as a nice way to revenge kill both Greninja variants. It also has a good matchup vs common Pokemon like Gyarados, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu after it takes chip damage. It's also important to note that it's HP Ice hits harder than non Specs/Life Orb Tapu Koko.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Yet another Pokemon to revenge kill Greninja with, yesssss. M Manectric will be good as usual. However, it has to compete with Tapu Koko this gen, and it uses up a Mega slot. Still, it's faster and has arguably better coverage. It'll find plenty of use.

M Tyranitar is too slow to be good vs offense and too easily walled vs stall. It's arguably worse this gen due to Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Terrakion, etc. running around.

Not much new to say about M Abomasnow either. Too slow and SR weak. I'm sure there are reasons to use Aboma, but Alolan Ninetales seems like an easier fit for most teams. I guess Aboma might be an anti-metagame choice because of the recent surge of rain teams? Pretty situational.

Back