• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Can you guys tell me how to hack games?
I dont know that script and all and all thingies so can any1 help me?
Sorry,I'm just 12 yrs old LOL.

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Hey, quick question here.
In AdvanceMap, where you can edit the amount of Events, if i remove them all does that completely remove them from the game ?
I'm looking to start completely afresh and want to get rid of the scripts.
Also, with the Route Names/Map Names, how do i insert a map with its own name instead of the same name as another one ?

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Hey, quick question here.
In AdvanceMap, where you can edit the amount of Events, if i remove them all does that completely remove them from the game ?
I'm looking to start completely afresh and want to get rid of the scripts.
Also, with the Route Names/Map Names, how do i insert a map with its own name instead of the same name as another one ?

Taking out all the events will remove them from the game,yes,but it will not remove their scripts,that has to be done manually. And the answer to your Map Header question is right here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=212492. Unless if you just want to edit the headers you already have,then you can just rename them in the Header tab of A-Map.

Can you guys tell me how to hack games?
I dont know that script and all and all thingies so can any1 help me?
Sorry,I'm just 12 yrs old LOL.

You should check out the Tutorial section in Emulation then :) have fun learning about hacking.

Last edited:

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Everytime i add a new map with Advancemap then try changing the name, it also changes the name of the map that i was on.

That is because there are alot of maps that use the same header. If you change 3.0 (Pallet Town) to something else, it will also change all of 4.0-4.5,because those all use Pallet Town as their header.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
When I try and load my Emerald ROM in A-Trainer, I get an error message saying "Subscript is out of range - DrawTile8@ModLZ77", and then I can't proceed any farther? This is the first time that this has happened when I've used it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It isn't just my modified ROM, a clean one gets the same message.

Also, the Bug.txt file gets this printed out into it: "20121016|224113|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4" if that helps identify the problem.

This is kinda a big deal, so if someone could help me fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
After the credits of Fire Red is there a way for me to pick where I respawn (I don't want to in Pallet Town)? I thought it would work by changing sethealplace to another value other than 1 but I can't seem to get it to work. Thoughts?

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
I need some help

I just walkt into the forest neer route 5. but now I cant seem te get out.
is this a bug or...?

I can only get back to route 5

what to do?

IStreamSandwich

Years
Will someone please look at the attached picture and tell me what movement permission that blocktype should have. If i am correct, i remember being able to walk on that block in pokemon games, so i would like to know what the permission i need is. I currently have it as 1 (Not Passable)

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Will someone please look at the attached picture and tell me what movement permission that blocktype should have. If i am correct, i remember being able to walk on that block in pokemon games, so i would like to know what the permission i need is. I currently have it as 1 (Not Passable)

Put them, as well as the whole top part as "10".
Then put the stairs that connects to that as "0".

Assuming that's your first "level".

A level is something after a 0 (a connecter). So basically, if you have stairs (0), then a mountain, that's considered level 3, and you'd use 10. If after the 10 you use stairs (0) and then another mountain, you would use 14. The regular (C) is considered level 2, and then level one is if you went under ground (cave indents). I hope that helps explain it...

IStreamSandwich

Years
Put them, as well as the whole top part as "10".
Then put the stairs that connects to that as "0".

Assuming that's your first "level".

A level is something after a 0 (a connecter). So basically, if you have stairs (0), then a mountain, that's considered level 3, and you'd use 10. If after the 10 you use stairs (0) and then another mountain, you would use 14. The regular (C) is considered level 2, and then level one is if you went under ground (cave indents). I hope that helps explain it...

So all non passable blocks = 1
Walkable blocks = C
As soon as you go up 1 or more = 10?

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
So all non passable blocks = 1
Walkable blocks = C
As soon as you go up 1 or more = 10?

This is how it should look.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I have a few questions about sprites

1) I just made a sprite in NSE and want to import it into my game so I can use it (it's going to be a trainer sprite, so I want to be able to see it in advanced trainer). Does anyone have a tutorial on this?

2) Anyone have an Ash sprite around? I am terrible with making sprites and I would like to have ashe in my game. Preferably it's him standing facing towards you with pikachu beside him.

3) If anyone has any custom made sprites they don't mind me using (of course you'll get credit) may I borrow them?

Thank you =)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
how do you add berries to firered?
also how do you make that mud thingy where you need a mach bike to pass for firered?

You would need to add in the same Assembly Routine as Ruby and Sapphire has in order for berries to occur, as well as a real-time clock. There's already a tool that can implement a Day/Night system, it's called Day&Night (D&N) or Day, Night & Seasons (DNS).

And I'm not exactly sure where the berry routine binary data is in RSE, sorry.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

I inserted a custom flower into Fire Red. When I click "Load New Blocks", the flowers come up perfectly. Then only problem is, when I go in-game to check out the flowers, they aren't there... They're just the default flowers. This is strange because they show up perfectly in A-Map but not in-game. Any solutions?

Thanks for your time in advance :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Could you also show me an image of multilevels? A low, normal then high? Thankyou

Spoiler:

If you want a quick and easy way to identify what each movement permission does, then just hover your mouse over the tile and an explanation should appear in the bottom left corner of A-Map. The same thing applies for the long list of permissions on the right hand side of the program.

1) I just made a sprite in NSE and want to import it into my game so I can use it (it's going to be a trainer sprite, so I want to be able to see it in advanced trainer). Does anyone have a tutorial on this?

Thank you =)

Here's a tutorial to do exactly that :P

I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

I inserted a custom flower into Fire Red. When I click "Load New Blocks", the flowers come up perfectly. Then only problem is, when I go in-game to check out the flowers, they aren't there... They're just the default flowers. This is strange because they show up perfectly in A-Map but not in-game. Any solutions?

Thanks for your time in advance :)

That's because the tile in A-Map is more of a place holder than an actual tile - The game loads a pre-set animation over it regardless of what is there in A-Map.

If you want to change the animation to something else or remove it completely then you could use AnimEditor or NSE (which has it in the animation in its bookmarks). I'd suggest using AnimEditor as you can also increase or reduce the frames in the animation, change which tiles display it or even make completely new animations for different tiles.

Years
Quick question.

Me and a friend are working on a rom hack, we both just started doing this.

What we want to know is, can we take firered, delete all the maps/events/scripts everything and start fresh?

or do we have to use all the maps they give us and just delete all the events off it, resize the maps and do it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back