• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2017
It's in berry trees, same as the original games. I couldn't edit those or get accurate information on their encounter rates when I made the hack, so they aren't listed in the documents. The same applies to things like shadows in caves and shaking trash cans; the encounter rates are all the same as vanilla, which means Ferroseed, Woobat and Rotom aren't listed in the documents either, but are all still available.

Thanks! I'd forgotten berry trees had Pokemon on them in XY (I never really used it past my first playthrough), so I hadn't thought to check those.

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
Question about the Luma patch feature, will I be able to revert the game back to original or the hack stays like actual patched ROMs?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Question about the Luma patch feature, will I be able to revert the game back to original or the hack stays like actual patched ROMs?

You can revert the game back to the original at any time. The hack is stored on your SD card, and Luma just makes the 3DS read certain game files from there instead of from your game's ROM. If you want to uninstall the hack, just delete it from your SD card or disable the game patching feature from Luma's menu.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
Why did you change the canon pokemon of most characters?
For example Ramos is supposed to have a Weepingbell (Victrebell), Jumpluff and Gogoat, yet even in legal you replaced two of those with more of the same overused pokemon, even with the same movesets everyone has. You did the same to every single trainer.
This doesn't feel like canon XY at all and now we have to fight all those overused gimmicks that we constantly fight on multiplayer battles even in a singleplayer game.
You missed the point completely.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Responses in bold:

Why did you change the canon pokemon of most characters?
I didn't replace the canon Pokemon of most characters. In fact, most of them (but not all) still have their entire two or three Pokemon team from the vanilla games, along with some of the Pokemon they use in Pokemon Special. Off the top of my head, a few examples of this include Viola, Grant, Korrina, Serena/Calem, Siebold and Lysandre. Diantha's team was mostly replaced because it wasn't very good, and was mostly made of Pokemon already used by Gym Leaders.

For example Ramos is supposed to have a Weepingbell (Victrebell), Jumpluff and Gogoat, yet even in legal you replaced two of those with more of the same overused pokemon,
Victreebel would have been redundant alongside Mega Venusaur, which was the only fitting mega evolution for Ramos. I suppose Jumpluff could have been used instead of Whimsicott, though. Other replacements were made simply to take advantage of access to the entire national dex, which improves enemy Pokemon variety.

even with the same movesets everyone has.
Now this one is a good point, but what would you suggest instead? I'd love to see a few examples, if you have time. The movesets I've used are generally simple ones because the AI can't figure out more interesting gimmicks. It doesn't even understand most of the abilities added after gen IV, and struggles to use most complex moves effectively.

You did the same to every single trainer.
Again, no, I didn't. Most trainers kept at least one of their default Pokemon, and plenty of them have silly, gimmicky movesets, or no custom movesets at all.

This doesn't feel like canon XY at all
Honestly, I got the same feeling from some of the battles while playing this. Unfortunately, as XY never got a third version and doesn't really do anything with its gym leaders in the post game, there wasn't much to work with when choosing Pokemon for their teams. Additionally, canon XY was pathetically easy, which I was trying to avoid repeating with this hack.

and now we have to fight all those overused gimmicks that we constantly fight on multiplayer battles even in a singleplayer game.
You missed the point completely.
No? I may have missed your point, but as you had zero involvement in creating this hack, that's not really a problem. I made the hack I wanted to make. You're welcome to edit it or make your own if you have a different vision for what an XY hack should be.

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on this. Criticism is always useful, even if I do disagree with some of it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
Responses in bold:

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on this. Criticism is always useful, even if I do disagree with some of it.

All the arguments about difficulty are irrelevant until you people realize that by using items in battles it is IMPOSSIBLE to lose no matter how strong the opponents are. If you want your game to be "fair", do not let the player cheat, enforce the same rules as online and post-game facilities have. No items in battles, set battle style only and same level as the opponent at best. Balancing the level curve around the exp share is fine.
The inflation of overpowered and overused pokemon sets are nonsense, annoying, immersion-breaking and irrelevant if the player can cheat anyways to beat them.
I bet that XY will be challenging if the player is forced to abide to these rules even with the vanilla trainers. Of course giving boss trainers mega revolutions is on point since the focus of XY is on this new feature, even if the vanilla XY missed that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
All the arguments about difficulty are irrelevant until you people realize that by using items in battles it is IMPOSSIBLE to lose no matter how strong the opponents are. If you want your game to be "fair", do not let the player cheat, enforce the same rules as online and post-game facilities have. No items in battles, set battle style only and same level as the opponent at best. Balancing the level curve around the exp share is fine.
The inflation of overpowered and overused pokemon sets are nonsense, annoying, immersion-breaking and irrelevant if the player can cheat anyways to beat them.
I bet that XY will be challenging if the player is forced to abide to these rules even with the vanilla trainers. Of course giving boss trainers mega revolutions is on point since the focus of XY is on this new feature, even if the vanilla XY missed that.

I somewhat agree with you on this. Forcing set and disallowing items in battle is something I would have loved to implement if I could have. Unfortunately, those are things are non-trivial to do in XY; it's not like gen IV where you can just change one byte in an item's file and suddenly it's unusable in battle. I could have made healing items entirely unusable (including outside of battle), but I think you can see why that would be an awful idea.

Same level opponents are not a fair match up, as the AI is not only incredibly stupid, it also doesn't have any EVs in games before gen VII. This means all of the AI's Pokemon are effectively missing between 32 and 63 stat points in two of their stats (depending on how good the player's IVs are). The EXP share exacerbates this by giving all of the player's Pokemon EVs after every victory, so your Pokemon grow MUCH faster than they would in previous games, and are effectively over levelled at all times. I could make the mid-game opponents ten levels higher than you and you'd still have an unfair advantage over them.

I don't see how gimping the AI with poor movesets improves immersion, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I've actually played through every Pokemon game with those rules self-enforced, and while it does help, it doesn't stop XY's difficulty from being a complete joke (it makes a very noticeable difference in Platinum and SM, however).
This hack was tested and designed with those rules in mind, as forcing the player to spam items to win makes for a poor game experience. I somewhat expected that people who wanted a challenge would enforce those rules themselves, as they would with the vanilla games. Leaving it up to the player does also have the advantage of not ruining the game for those who do want to use items in battle.

EDIT: Obviously those EV numbers only apply at level 100, but they do still have a significant impact at lower levels.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
I somewhat agree with you on this....

Start by removing Revives altogether and replace them with Sacred Ash at poke marts and overworld pickups, vanilla Sacred ash can't be used in battles.
You are right about EVs, then the IVs of the opponents should scale with game progression. The first gyms shouldn't have perfect pokemon when the player would hardly have more than a few EV points to compensate.
Otherwise I insist that canonical pokemon from all trainers shouldn't be replaced, only add new ones. All of them are supposed to be related to the character that has them, this is an rpg after all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Start by removing Revives altogether and replace them with Sacred Ash at poke marts and overworld pickups, vanilla Sacred ash can't be used in battles.
You are right about EVs, then the IVs of the opponents should scale with game progression. The first gyms shouldn't have perfect pokemon when the player would hardly have more than a few EV points to compensate.
Otherwise I insist that canonical pokemon from all trainers shouldn't be replaced, only add new ones. All of them are supposed to be related to the character that has them, this is an rpg after all.
Removing revives is one of those things I'd like to do but can't - they're obtainable from a few sources that I have no idea how to edit (namely Rock Smash rocks and overworld pickups, though editing overworld pickups might be doable now that luma allows for fast game testing). I could probably edit them to be different items with no effect, provided I can figure out how to change the item sprites. I'll definitely look into it before the next update to the hack.
I completely agree with you on scaling IVs; Viola's initial team of perfect IV Pokemon was too strong, and was adjusted a while ago. The only reason Grant has perfect IVs is that his team is mostly unevolved Pokemon at level 30, which allows the player to easily out-stat him with something that can be fully evolved by then.
I do try to keep replacement Pokemon related to the character if I can, though there are a few exceptions. For example, I thought Ramos's Whimsicott fitted his gardener theme just as well as Jumpluff did, and Malva had her Pyroar replaced simply because several other characters had already used one. Diantha's canon team didn't seem to suit her, and wasn't very fun to fight, so I replaced most of it (though I don't think the replacement team suits her either). It's hard to judge which Pokemon suit which characters in XY, because so many of them have very little personality and no expanded post-game teams.

Funny how I see Viola getting an optional nerf, I've had a couple arguments on how she was too tough for early game. Nice to at least see the option. I liked your hack playing without the patch.

But I will say that I remember the Psychic gym being particularly bat****. Very powerful mons, Sigilyph, and Jynx was unstoppable.
Yeah, I balanced her around the assumption that the player would have evolved their starter once by then, which was apparently not a good idea. She's probably still a bit stronger than she should be. Glad you still liked the hack though!

I'm honestly happy to hear that about the Psychic gym, was worried it would be a little to easy to beat it considering that the entire team is weak to Ghost.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Hello, I have a question: When the game start in the title don't say "Eternal X" only say "Pokemon X" (I installed V.2.02). My Pkm X don't have updates, I have luma 7.0+, I selected "patch" in Luma... I have an error in the installation? (I follow the instructions (quick) but my question is: The game are the Eternal version although the title doesn?t start at the beginning?
I've done it more than 2 times and it still does not appear the correct title. Help!!!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Do the starters not have their HA? Or is it a chance that they would? Installed 2.02 Version Insanity mode.

Edit: Only Froakie doesn't have HA. Was this intentional?

Edit once more: It seems if I choose the nickname the main character myself (not choosing one of the preset names), My starter (any starter) will not have their HA. Are the HA guaranteed or not? If I go along with a starter without their HA, will this affect anything else with the hack? I installed the Insanity version. Quick setup.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello, I have a question: When the game start in the title don't say "Eternal X" only say "Pokemon X" (I installed V.2.02). My Pkm X don't have updates, I have luma 7.0+, I selected "patch" in Luma... I have an error in the installation? (I follow the instructions (quick) but my question is: The game are the Eternal version although the title doesn´t start at the beginning?
I've done it more than 2 times and it still does not appear the correct title. Help!!!

Which language are you playing in? The custom title screen will only appear in English. You can check that the hack is working as soon as you get to Aquacorde town; you'll be able to buy cherish balls from the store if it is.

Do the starters not have their HA? Or is it a chance that they would? Installed 2.02 Version Insanity mode.

Edit: Only Froakie doesn't have HA. Was this intentional?

Edit once more: It seems if I choose the nickname the main character myself (not choosing one of the preset names), My starter (any starter) will not have their HA. Are the HA guaranteed or not? If I go along with a starter without their HA, will this affect anything else with the hack? I installed the Insanity version. Quick setup.

Every starter has a 50% chance to have its HA, it's set up to be their second regular ability. The nickname shouldn't have any effect on which ability you get as far as I know (it's definitely not something I've added), it should all be up to luck.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Which language are you playing in? The custom title screen will only appear in English. You can check that the hack is working as soon as you get to Aquacorde town; you'll be able to buy cherish balls from the store if it is.

Every starter has a 50% chance to have its HA, it's set up to be their second regular ability. The nickname shouldn't have any effect on which ability you get as far as I know (it's definitely not something I've added), it should all be up to luck.

Alright, thanks. I guess I got pretty unlucky and things coincided like so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Been trying to find Heatran on the brick break room, but all I've seen are the pokemon listed on the B2F floor (unowns included, which shouldnt appear). Is this an error? Worth mentioning that I encountered the Sandlash horde but not the geodude one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Been trying to find Heatran on the brick break room, but all I've seen are the pokemon listed on the B2F floor (unowns included, which shouldnt appear). Is this an error? Worth mentioning that I encountered the Sandlash horde but not the geodude one.

Yeah, it's probably an error. I remember having trouble with figuring out which floor was which when editing Terminus Cave, so it's likely that they aren't named properly in the documents. Should be an easy fix though, I'll update the documents ASAP. Sorry about that!

EDIT: Turns out Heatran is in B2F. I've updated the documents and fixed a few errors in the insanity trainer party document, and re-uploaded everything to the drive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, it's probably an error. I remember having trouble with figuring out which floor was which when editing Terminus Cave, so it's likely that they aren't named properly in the documents. Should be an easy fix though, I'll update the documents ASAP. Sorry about that!

EDIT: Turns out Heatran is in B2F. I've updated the documents and fixed a few errors in the insanity trainer party document, and re-uploaded everything to the drive.
Thank you for the quick answer! On a side note (no idea if already fixed), the team shown for the 2nd gym leader shows a Cradily, while he has a Lileep with eviolite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you for the quick answer! On a side note (no idea if already fixed), the team shown for the 2nd gym leader shows a Cradily, while he has a Lileep with eviolite.

You're welcome! Seems I missed that one, it's fixed now. Thanks for reporting these issues!

Back