• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
It will not be forever. I've put too much time into this project to not have some end result. That being said, I also will not be working on it anytime soon. I have been working on another, related, project which will improve the development of TRE once completed. But again, that will not be for some time now. Sorry for all of the delays

Yeah, right. xD

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Hi folks,

Just wanted to give everyone an update, since I haven't logged on in 10 months. Actually...update probably isn't the right word since I haven't worked on the game at all in that time span.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I have been, and still am, working on a related project which will eventually help with the development of TRE2. I didn't go into detail earlier, but I figure I might as well now since there's not reason not to. This related project is essentially a programming language which can compile into Gameboy ASM. Eventually TRE2 will be written in this language.

The reason this related project is taking so long is because I've been building everything from the ground up (in NodeJS).
  • Before I could make TRE2 in this language, I have to convert the pokered disassembly into this language.
  • To convert pokered in this language, I need to make an Interpreter/Compiler to convert the code into ASM.
  • To create the Interpreter/Compiler, I needed to make a Parser to be able to read the language (and I also had to plan the language).
  • To make the Parser, I had to create a Parser Generator (which is a tool that generates a parser based on specific inputs you provide).
  • To create the Parser Generator, I had to make some build tools to help with the NodeJS development.
  • To create the build tools, I had to create a bunch of helper modules (some of which had their own helpers).

And if you haven't already noticed, I don't always do things right the first time around, so I am at the 2nd attempt of this project. So yeah, there's some shoddy code written in a primitive version of this language floating around somewhere on my harddrive which actually compiles into a chunk of pokered. But there were issues...so I started over and making sure everything is done properly this time. Currently, I am finishing up the Parser Generator.

I will try to be more communicative about my progress on this side project, and will probably ask for some community help in converting pokered into this language when the time comes.

So this game is not dead, but do not expect it anytime soon. Fortunately, this delay has given me time to re-plan the story line, which is GREATLY improved than the first go around. So in the end it will be worth it.

Thanks to those who are still interested in the game, and sorry that my work habits are detrimental to this games progress.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Funny that I should decide to log in for the first time in months and see comments from today.

Unfortunately I have nothing to add. I haven't worked on the game since my last post, aside from storyline planning and the like.

While I would love to finish this at some point, I unfortunately have to admit that it won't be any time in the foreseeable future.

Sorry folks

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Funny that I should decide to log in for the first time in months and see comments from today.

Unfortunately I have nothing to add. I haven't worked on the game since my last post, aside from storyline planning and the like.

While I would love to finish this at some point, I unfortunately have to admit that it won't be any time in the foreseeable future.

Sorry folks

Consider setting up a public repository with what you have done, Pokered support is dying pretty rapidly as more of the bigger Gameboy hackers are moving to crystal, perhaps this new language setup might attract some people to it again. As always love the work you've done on this hack and hope you do finish it one day.

I find we live in a time now where it's important everybody in our niche community shares resources, for that reason all my stuff is free to use. I know that isn't appealing to everyone but if someone as talented as you were to fall off the grid your work would effectively be lost for good.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Consider setting up a public repository with what you have done, Pokered support is dying pretty rapidly as more of the bigger Gameboy hackers are moving to crystal, perhaps this new language setup might attract some people to it again. As always love the work you've done on this hack and hope you do finish it one day.

I find we live in a time now where it's important everybody in our niche community shares resources, for that reason all my stuff is free to use. I know that isn't appealing to everyone but if someone as talented as you were to fall off the grid your work would effectively be lost for good.

I appreciate the comments.

I want to spend some free time tomorrow compiling all of my work (I have a lot of different versions, side projects, notes, plans, etc)

This way I can get a clear picture of where I left everything off if I decide to jump back on it or to release it where it stands.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Why the grey on white text????!!!??!?

where do you see that?

Hey! It's been forever since I've checked out this hack. You haven't lost my support.

thanks!

For an update: I've compiled all of my notes for the version of the game that I was working on before switching over to the disassembly. I should have immediately converted everything to the disassembly... but I didn't.

So right now that's what I'm doing, creating a disassembly to include all of the features that I worked on from the pre-disassembly version.

You can follow along here, if you're interested: https://github.com/Pokeglitch/poketre2

And as a bonus, here's a video of a feature that I added but never revealed, Seasons and Weather: https://youtu.be/D8sxYxWmozk

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
This hack looks absolutely incredible. I'm a big fan of Gen 1 hacks, and this looks like a very ambitious project. Do you have a Discord or anything like that? If so, I'd be happy to join and see what I can do. Best of luck regardless, since I already loved the original TRE.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Just curious is the game still in development

The developer, Pokeglitch hasn't been active in over a year now, and the last update posted seems to be around two years ago. While you can assume it's cancelled, there are times when the author of the hacks can randomly pop back in a bit, so only time can tell.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
My progress on this hack comes in waves. I've picked up again lately, but it will still be a very long time until it is playable. The GitHub is public, so you can keep up with it there, but I am focusing on improving the game engine first before working on the story.

Back