• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Manor: Enter if you Dare...

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Has anyone ever walked alone at night? It's the creepiest feeling, paranormal or not. Realistically you can get mugged, kidnapped or even worse, all veiled in darkness and no one will know... Some boy once ran to me in a hoodie, and I almost got a heart attack but it turns out he just wanted me to take a picture of him and his friends by the stadium. Be careful at night guys.

Same feeling, espically if I'm at a club activity like Game Nights or parties that take place after the main campus is closed (commuter campus). For the record it is only campus security, you and other club members there after hours, so the campus is dead silent all over the place. My campus isn't really haunted (or I don't think it is), but with how quiet it gets, you kind of expect something to happen.

Years
Has anyone ever walked alone at night? It's the creepiest feeling, paranormal or not. Realistically you can get mugged, kidnapped or even worse, all veiled in darkness and no one will know... Some boy once ran to me in a hoodie, and I almost got a heart attack but it turns out he just wanted me to take a picture of him and his friends by the stadium. Be careful at night guys.

Sometimes. Towards the end of semester and at mid terms I would work late on assignments in the computer labs which stayed open all night on campus. When I was finished I took the nidnight stroll back to my dorm. It was solitary, but somehow soothing. I come alive at night

Now my last apartment was in a major business area with restaurants, department stores, doctor's offices, banks, tailors, bakeries, book stores etc. The grocery store was essentially in my front yard, literally just across the street. When I stepped out of the doors of the building all I had to do was cross the street, and there I stood in the shopping center lot. So occasionally in the middle of the night I would pick up a snack like ice cream, and walk right back home. It seemed unnecessary to drive when I was that close. It would just take 2 minutes. It wasn't scary to me. Like I said, for me It can be calming to walk alone night, its quiet, and introspective and helps me clear my head, especially if it is a warm summer night. I also like walks in light spring rain at night.

I happen to have dogs too, and when nature calls sometimes you have got to walk them, even at night. Its not exactly the same, after all your dog provides you with protection and company. But I still get the similar sense of peace walking with them at night.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Sometimes. Towards the end of semester and at mid terms I would work late on assignments in the computer labs which stayed open all night on campus. When I was finished I took the nidnight stroll back to my dorm. It was solitary, but somehow soothing. I come alive at night

Now my last apartment was in a major business area with restaurants, department stores, doctor's offices, banks, tailors, bakeries, book stores etc. The grocery store was essentially in my front yard, literally just across the street. When I stepped out of the doors of the building all I had to do was cross the street, and there I stood in the shopping center lot. So occasionally in the middle of the night I would pick up a snack like ice cream, and walk right back home. It seemed unnecessary to drive when I was that close. It would just take 2 minutes. It wasn't scary to me. Like I said, for me It can be calming to walk alone night, its quiet, and introspective and helps me clear my head, especially if it is a warm summer night. I also like walks in light spring rain at night.

I happen to have dogs too, and when nature calls sometimes you have got to walk them, even at night. Its not exactly the same, after all your dog provides you with protection and company. But I still get the similar sense of peace walking with them at night.

I guess you have a point there. But in my case, being on your own when the campus is completely silent can be kind of eerie, espically if it's late at night. Probably because I watch too many ghost shows haha.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
First off, Merry Christmas Eve and Christmas Day if I don't post tomorrow. Next, new question for members.

Is The Nightmare Before Christmas a Christmas special, Halloween Special, or both?

Aesthetic would dictate a Halloween Special, but plot would dictate a Christmas Special similar to the Grinch. I guess it would be in the same camp as Die Hard 2 in which it's not a Christmas special but it technically is also.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Both I suppose. Gives a great excuse for fans to rewatch it again a month after October.

Also has anyone seen any good horror movies lately?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That's a really good question, actually. I'd classify it as a "holiday special" rather than attribute it to one or the other. Still, like Hypno said, good excuse to watch it twice during the year! ;)

I actually just finished watching The Gallows and Get Out again. Get Out is so damn good. I'm super hyped for Us. That movie looks really, really badass.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
That's a really good question, actually. I'd classify it as a "holiday special" rather than attribute it to one or the other. Still, like Hypno said, good excuse to watch it twice during the year! ;)

I actually just finished watching The Gallows and Get Out again. Get Out is so damn good. I'm super hyped for Us. That movie looks really, really badass.

Did you find The Gallows scary? I haven't watched it yet and it has low reviews.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Both I suppose. Gives a great excuse for fans to rewatch it again a month after October.

Also has anyone seen any good horror movies lately?

Nothing yet, but I do have plans to see the Halloween reboot soon and might take some interest in the La Lorona film that comes out in spring and definitely will watch It: Chapter Two when it's out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Did you find The Gallows scary? I haven't watched it yet and it has low reviews.

It has it's moments but it deserves the low reviews. Watch it if you can but don't spend any money on it.

Nothing yet, but I do have plans to see the Halloween reboot soon and might take some interest in the La Lorona film that comes out in spring and definitely will watch It: Chapter Two when it's out.

I just got the Halloween reboot in the mail today!! Which is technically a day early since it comes out on DVD tomorrow, hehe. But La Lorona looks really interesting! The whole legend behind her is chilling.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
It has it's moments but it deserves the low reviews. Watch it if you can but don't spend any money on it.

I just got the Halloween reboot in the mail today!! Which is technically a day early since it comes out on DVD tomorrow, hehe. But La Lorona looks really interesting! The whole legend behind her is chilling.

The IMDB reviews look pretty meh so far, but it's still a few months away from release, so it could be better, it could be worse.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Happy (Late) Valentine's Day

I meant to post this yesterday, but I was caught up with classes and had no time. Anyhow, apologies aside, I give you the first challenge of this group.

Woman in White Challenge

Your goal, if you choose to accept it, is to create your own version of the Woman in White, a classic icon of folklore and ghost stories that usually is associated with tragedy, lost love and betrayal. There is no single appearance of the Woman in White that defines them all besides wearing white a color that is aligned with purity in the West and death in the East. There is not a right or wrong way to create your version, except that your character must wear white. There is no winners or losers to this, as I mention before, there are many different versions of the Woman in White. Without further ado, here is my example to kick things off.

Capture.JPG

Credit: RinmaruGames and Rinmaru

Name: Evelynne Richmond

Alias: The Tearful Angel

Personality: Solitary, mournful, usually avoids confrontation or the living

Backstory: Evelynne was born into a Middle-Class family that did well with what they had, even when it wasn't the best they had. One day, Evelynne had found love in a young factory worker who lived in a nearby town. Evelynne's parents had not approved of her lover, but Evelynne's love for him was so strong that she ran away from home to live with him. As a usual routine, when Evelynne's lover went out to work, she would be sure to have fresh clothes that he could change into when he got home, even on the day he never came home. After Evelynne had noticed that her lover had stayed out longer than usual, she had answered a knock at the door on to find a friend of her lover saying that he had died in an accident.

After she had heard the news, she had rarely left the house, only wearing white. After days of weeping in front of her vanity, she had died of a broken heart. Afterwards, her mother had painted the portrait of her that you see here, only to be admitted to an asylum not too long after due to the fact that she couldn't deal with her daughter's constant weeping. People who have come close to the house of Evelynn's lover or have lived in it had heard weeping along with mournful singing, which she had got her alias as the Tearful Angel due to her appearance and beautiful voice that entrances men who never leave the home.

Last Sighting: Last spotted around February 7, 2019 which suspiciously correlates with the disappearance of Jude Walsh, a student at a local high school.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
So now that everyone's buzzing with speculation about the upcoming titles Pokémon Sword and Shield, I thought that we could have some fun with speculation.

What spooky Pokémon and/or locations do you think will be in the game?

If we're going by what's in the reveal trailer, I would say that the spooky location could be the forest, due to the colors used for it. On the other hand, it could be the dark purple mansion shown off several times if we are going for the UK inspiration. (it would be a nice thing to see a Ghost-type evolution).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think, since the setting is distinctly European, it would be a shame to not include a proper, spooky graveyard! Another hope here is that they finally include a Ghost type Eevee. Fingers crossed!

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I think, since the setting is distinctly European, it would be a shame to not include a proper, spooky graveyard! Another hope here is that they finally include a Ghost type Eevee. Fingers crossed!

Interesting idea. Maybe a (haunted) Victorian House with a graveyard out front or even a haunted castle.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Apologies for not being as active as I should (school and whatnot), but I am seeking advice. I'm planning to DM a D&D Homebrew campaign for my dad's birthday in October, and looking for ideas for a horror themed D&D campaign. Any ideas?

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I know I just got here, but I did a murder mystery party for my birthday last year. It was a blast and I'm sure you could add so much more to it than I did with a D&D campaign! :)

Also I'm a bit intimidated. Being as introverted as I am, having to talk to people takes a lot, so I'll keep it brief: I love horror. It's most of my life. I express my love through my writing and my art. While not as big a horror movie fan as some, I do love the classics and have been known to give new ones a shot from time to time (The Conjuring was awesome). I also used to be obsessed with the paranormal side of YouTube not long ago. And I am definitely obsessed with Lucas Baker from Resident Evil 7 (he's my husband) and Souichi Tsuji (my side-Tom, Dick, and Harry).

I can't guarantee any sort of consistent membership, but when I'm feeling social, who knows. I'm always willing to chat horror in that case. :)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I know I just got here, but I did a murder mystery party for my birthday last year. It was a blast and I'm sure you could add so much more to it than I did with a D&D campaign! :)

Also I'm a bit intimidated. Being as introverted as I am, having to talk to people takes a lot, so I'll keep it brief: I love horror. It's most of my life. I express my love through my writing and my art. While not as big a horror movie fan as some, I do love the classics and have been known to give new ones a shot from time to time (The Conjuring was awesome). I also used to be obsessed with the paranormal side of YouTube not long ago. And I am definitely obsessed with Lucas Baker from Resident Evil 7 (he's my husband) and Souichi Tsuji (my side-Tom, Dick, and Harry).

I can't guarantee any sort of consistent membership, but when I'm feeling social, who knows. I'm always willing to chat horror in that case. :)

Howdy there! I wasn't really that consistent either because of school. But now that Finals are done, I can be a little more active. I'll get you added in a jiffy.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Sounds good! So, anyone else here like Junji Itou? :3

Back