• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Null: My First Fan-Game Attempt

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
I thought it'd be fun, so back in summer of 2016, I started making a game, which would eventually turn out to be this one. It's been pretty much complete for a while now, but I hesitated in uploading it, I kept tweaking things for quite a while. I figured it's time to just upload it, and move on to something else. So here it is; Pokemon Null

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IdlCFI36nKMC3tIpR_c5rpMml7VjabK9/view?usp=drivesdk
?
Here are some features I can remember off the top of my head:
All Pokemon up to gen 5 are obtainable.
All trade evolutions have been altered.
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, and Arceus have been buffed.
There is one gen 7 Pokemon hidden in the game.
There is one line of Fakemon; Litleaf, Litsap, and Deadwood.
There are a number of plugins the game uses, such as multiple saves, following Pokemon, and the Elite Battle System.
There are a few new Mega Evolutions, and some existing ones are in the game.
There is a 100% ending, for completing various things.
Cut, Rock Smash, and Strength are items instead of HMs.
There is a cellphone item that can play all of the game's music.
Mystery gift can be unlocked after beating the game, and you are given a passcode to unlock it on new save files from the start.

Plot:
12 years ago, the president of the Devian Corporation created a secret organization, Team Null to investigate a mysterious anomaly. In present time, they appear to be a criminal organization, and the professor of Trats Town has sent you on a mission to deal with them! Explore the Noino Region with your long time friend, Pichu, defeat the battle masters, discover the secret of Team Null, and your past, and face even the legendary Pokemon of creation, Arceus!

Other notes:
Check the "IMPORTANT" folder in the game files for some useful information, such as a location guide for all Pokemon, and how evolutions were changed.
The game tends to have a more humorous tone, but sometimes gets a bit serious.
This is my first game, and so my "skills" improved during the later part of game development. As such, the game has an inconsistent quality. Overall, this game isn't comparable to creations like Uranium, but it was fun to make.
I made this game almost entirely myself, with some graphical and audio resources created by some friends. Other resources I found on the Internet, and credited in the game credits.
Feedback is appreciated, and it would be used to improve later creations.
If major bugs are discovered, I may fix them in an update, but otherwise the game is finished.
This game does have it's fair amount of glitches, although I've tried to fix as many as I can.?

Screenshots:

EG5UuDV.png

28UR6JK.png

rOTEqJJ.png

HprwaAJ.png

wQ8WNPM.png

uUZ51mI.png

FFFgjwK.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
Hey. So I played through the beginning and noticed that you crash trying to enter the ruins after you got the exp share.
I like this game so far with all the memes and stuff. Especially the beginning got me good with the "only two gender" part.
btw that first fakemon sprite needs more work :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 3, 2022
I can't download, it says "Not found Error 404"

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
Hey. So I played through the beginning and noticed that you crash trying to enter the ruins after you got the exp share.
I like this game so far with all the memes and stuff. Especially the beginning got me good with the "only two gender" part.
btw that first fakemon sprite needs more work :D

That's weird, it doesn't crash when I enter it. Also those sprites would like really bad if I had made them myself, I'm glad that I got help with that, even it isn't perfect.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
So far this game seems great. There are however a few bugs for me like when i enter the ruins (route 2) and when i go down the hole in the house (route 2 too).
Hope it will help you improve your game by fixing those .
Great job still for this , i'll try to post if i find anything else that could affect the game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
So far this game seems great. There are however a few bugs for me like when i enter the ruins (route 2) and when i go down the hole in the house (route 2 too).
Hope it will help you improve your game by fixing those .
Great job still for this , i'll try to post if i find anything else that could affect the game.

What is it that's happening? A crash?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Do you have any screenshots etc. you could upload?

Might attract a few more people to play it if they can get some visuals of it beforehand :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
Ability-Hidden of Pichu hurt yourself and max happiness don't evol Pikachu?

I can't find Deino
2lnT8WD.png

Go in here dis game
MriBVb5.png

Um9GcOj.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
Ability-Hidden of Pichu hurt yourself and max happiness don't evol Pikachu?

I can't find Deino
2lnT8WD.png

Go in here dis game
MriBVb5.png

Um9GcOj.png

The hidden ability is glitched, I don't know how to fix it :(

Pichu was changed to evolve at lvl 18

Deino is a 10% encounter in the Trats Town grass, which can be accessed behind the lab after Icetip city is finished.

I have absolutely no idea why or how the game crashes there. It's never happened to me or the people that have play tested for me. I wish I could help.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 14, 2018
Hi, do you have any battlebacks within the game? I can't seem to find them in my folder when I downloaded it.

Game looks great by the way. :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022
Hi, do you have any battlebacks within the game? I can't seem to find them in my folder when I downloaded it.

Game looks great by the way. :)

The battlebacks were removed on purpose, because I hadn't made the right ones appear, so it looks worse than if they were just not there

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 14, 2018
The battlebacks were removed on purpose, because I hadn't made the right ones appear, so it looks worse than if they were just not there

Oh okay! Have you tested any battlebacks pack from another game to see if it's playable?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 12, 2018
Really nice game. But I'm stock at the Rockwood City. The girl say's to investigate but I really don't know what to do. One place is south to Pokemon Center and I can't enter.It cause an error.I got the print screen but I'm new so I can't post the error now.

Years
Really nice game. But I'm stock at the Rockwood City. The girl say's to investigate but I really don't know what to do. One place is south to Pokemon Center and I can't enter.It cause an error.I got the print screen but I'm new so I can't post the error now.
Same problem here mate pls someone help

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2022

Are you referring to the building just south of the Pokemon Center? That's where you're meant to go next. I just tested it myself, and I can enter the building just fine. I don't know why the game would crash for some people and not others. I've heard of a similar error happening on route 2, and I couldn't replicate that either.

Back