• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I also can't seem to find the Old Man's amulet, I'll have to look around for it...any suggstions?

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
A few more questions:
1.how do you choose what eevee evolves into, besides the stone eeveelutions?

CBM explained(something about stats being different) that depending on where you get your eevee, it will evolve into a different pokemon that is the reason why there are 2 eevees in the game corner.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I'm sorry but wheres the card key...I can't find it anywhere...Please answer...Or you could give me a general Direction...In other words...A hint...

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Thanx...I got it...Could someone answer my question about the 8th Gym...

EDIT-Never Mind...I found the Mist Stone...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2009
A cave right at the start... and a inconspicuous trainer waiting at the very very end once you get out... All my pokemon were barely alive and I blacked out.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
How do you Trade Pokemon from Brown to C/S/G with VBA?

You need the VBA link Emulator, just turn on 2 gameboys with 2 different sa[GB Number] files to trade. Also, try not to bring an egg because you won't be able to carry it to Brown.

And what link speed timeout did you find worked best? !

About 20 to 35. And what's even more unnoticable is some of the statistics isn't based until you evolve it.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
The GSC/Pearl/Diamound item evolutions don't learn moves naturally once evolved

and I played around with Walk through Walls lol cuz I had to see what was in that blocked off house

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
which floor is clefairy on in merson cave? I am on day 3 of hunting it down, it is even harder to find than sandshrew, also, is there more than one moonstone in the game?

Edit: I was training up a machop in merson cave, it was at level 32 when I caught it(I was training in merson cave because I was looking for a clefairy, still have not gotten it, though has proven fairly useful, while the guys give really bad experience, I still may as well kill them anyway and level up while waiting for the thing to appear so have been evolving pokemon to fill up my dex) anyway, I got it to 33 and it evolved and upon evolution, it learned water gun O_o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I'm new to the forums, and this whole hacking scene, and have only recently found out about all of this (honestly, never really thought that people actually did this kind of stuff to the games), after watching some videos from various users about hacked Poke'mon games, such as this one. Eventually, I got interested and was re-directed towards this site, so I joined. I tried some of the hacks, and while they were mildly entertaining, they were both too incomplete and too buggy to hold my interest. Though the heart and effort was there and I respected that, I just couldn't really say much from playing, say a beta that was only up to a Gym.

So then I found this (well, back before the updated version you just recently released), and decided I may as well should try it. Heard a lot about it, and how it's a legendary hack that everyone basically looks up to for inspiration. So I tried it and I was surprised. After figuring out how to get the basics running (like patching, getting colors in, etc., keep in mind, I'm still very new to this :P), I started playing and was surprised how interesting the game was. It was a serious effort, and I saw it from the start. It really was a brand new adventure, and everything felt fresh about it. The fact that it was based on Red's engine only helped it. It was nice going back to the originals after playing the 3rd and 4th generation so much recently, and this was an even better reason to do it due to it being a brand new adventure.

So I spent about 3 days playing it continuously, I forgot how addicting it was evertime you play a brand new Poke'mon game (as in, the real ones, it's fresh and you don't know what happens next so you want to keep playing), and this game surprisingly had that same addicting quality. I'll admit though, after that, around the 4th Gym I believe, after beating Sparky, I sort of stopped. Not really sure why, the game was great, but I sort of lost the drive to play. Then, about a month later, I stumbled on the new thread around here about Brown 2.0 and was intriguied by what it was about so I read about it and though "woah, can he really do that?". So I waited, checking by every so often to see if there was an update (which luckily for me only was a few weeks wait), and I saw that you were gonna release it. After seeing some preview videos of the Beta before it was released, I was really excited to play it. Now that it's released, I decided to play it again, from the beginning, and I must say, it feels like an even fresher experience, even though I played the beginning earlier from the original Brown release, it was like a brand new experience and I found myself addicted again.

The little things, like added Poke'mon, evolutions, improved sprites, new moves, new types, and all the little things added exactly what I didn't know I would've loved to see in a game such as this, without taking away from the style that made the first generation so nostalgic. I find myself having more reason, for example, training a Golbat now, as I know it will eventually evolve into a Crobat, and those little things make playing the game even more fun. It's been a few days since I've started playing and right now I'm up to Castro Valley, and I must say, this game is amazing. I found myself playing non-stop, and found the time just fly by as I realize how far I've gotten in the game so quickly, and am still interested to see what's next. This is a very proffessionally done game, the maps are done well, to the point where it's interesting to explore, and it's interesting to figure out what's next, the game's balanced, from the enemies not being too weak nor' too strong, and finding out where to go next or what to do isn't too challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to keep playing and see what's next.

I haven't encountered any major glitches (besides basic ones like sprites glitching, which is no bother, and the old glitches like always critical hitting Metal Claw, which you already fixed), and there's really never been anything holding back the game from what it's trying to do, and I find it amazing seeing what you've accomplished, as well as the people that have helped you, with this game.

I know I'm just a random new member that you haven't ever heard of nor' has anyone else really, so this probably won't mean as much, but I wanted to at least say this, because I felt that after all the effort you have all put into making this game the way it is (as well as still are to fix glitches, etc. and add this new final quest I'm hearing of), I should at least tell you what I think of it and thank you for all that effort. I am looking foward to seeing all the rest of this game, from what here now, and what rest you have left to add, as well as any new games (such as this Poke'mon Prism I've also read about), and I look foward to replying to this thread again when I beat the game :)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
axman11224 said:
I'm new to the forums, and this whole hacking scene, and have only recently found out about all of this (honestly, never really thought that people actually did this kind of stuff to the games), after watching some videos from various users about hacked Poke'mon games, such as this one. Eventually, I got interested and was re-directed towards this site, so I joined. I tried some of the hacks, and while they were mildly entertaining, they were both too incomplete and too buggy to hold my interest. Though the heart and effort was there and I respected that, I just couldn't really say much from playing, say a beta that was only up to a Gym.

So then I found this (well, back before the updated version you just recently released), and decided I may as well should try it. Heard a lot about it, and how it's a legendary hack that everyone basically looks up to for inspiration. So I tried it and I was surprised. After figuring out how to get the basics running (like patching, getting colors in, etc., keep in mind, I'm still very new to this :P), I started playing and was surprised how interesting the game was. It was a serious effort, and I saw it from the start. It really was a brand new adventure, and everything felt fresh about it. The fact that it was based on Red's engine only helped it. It was nice going back to the originals after playing the 3rd and 4th generation so much recently, and this was an even better reason to do it due to it being a brand new adventure.

So I spent about 3 days playing it continuously, I forgot how addicting it was evertime you play a brand new Poke'mon game (as in, the real ones, it's fresh and you don't know what happens next so you want to keep playing), and this game surprisingly had that same addicting quality. I'll admit though, after that, around the 4th Gym I believe, after beating Sparky, I sort of stopped. Not really sure why, the game was great, but I sort of lost the drive to play. Then, about a month later, I stumbled on the new thread around here about Brown 2.0 and was intriguied by what it was about so I read about it and though "woah, can he really do that?". So I waited, checking by every so often to see if there was an update (which luckily for me only was a few weeks wait), and I saw that you were gonna release it. After seeing some preview videos of the Beta before it was released, I was really excited to play it. Now that it's released, I decided to play it again, from the beginning, and I must say, it feels like an even fresher experience, even though I played the beginning earlier from the original Brown release, it was like a brand new experience and I found myself addicted again.

The little things, like added Poke'mon, evolutions, improved sprites, new moves, new types, and all the little things added exactly what I didn't know I would've loved to see in a game such as this, without taking away from the style that made the first generation so nostalgic. I find myself having more reason, for example, training a Golbat now, as I know it will eventually evolve into a Crobat, and those little things make playing the game even more fun. It's been a few days since I've started playing and right now I'm up to Castro Valley, and I must say, this game is amazing. I found myself playing non-stop, and found the time just fly by as I realize how far I've gotten in the game so quickly, and am still interested to see what's next. This is a very proffessionally done game, the maps are done well, to the point where it's interesting to explore, and it's interesting to figure out what's next, the game's balanced, from the enemies not being too weak nor' too strong, and finding out where to go next or what to do isn't too challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to keep playing and see what's next.

I haven't encountered any major glitches (besides basic ones like sprites glitching, which is no bother, and the old glitches like always critical hitting Metal Claw, which you already fixed), and there's really never been anything holding back the game from what it's trying to do, and I find it amazing seeing what you've accomplished, as well as the people that have helped you, with this game.

I know I'm just a random new member that you haven't ever heard of nor' has anyone else really, so this probably won't mean as much, but I wanted to at least say this, because I felt that after all the effort you have all put into making this game the way it is (as well as still are to fix glitches, etc. and add this new final quest I'm hearing of), I should at least tell you what I think of it and thank you for all that effort. I am looking foward to seeing all the rest of this game, from what here now, and what rest you have left to add, as well as any new games (such as this Poke'mon Prism I've also read about), and I look foward to replying to this thread again when I beat the game :)

Jeez thats alot of text to swallow...Yes...Never doubt the skills of KBM...He's one of (If not) The best Hackers here...Also...can you get Entei...The only Dog I found is Raikou...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back