• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
chrunch said:
each time I try to add a trainer radius to a trainer on a-map, when I walk up to them, they say an endless line of qaF, qaF, etc...

No. They don't have a offset specified.

then that is maybe the problem.
see, even trainers has to have offsets on them.

you can view other Trainers which are already in the game via A-Map, and from there, you can see that the trainers has both a trainer radius and an offset.

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
Im having trouble with the sprite editor in D/P i imoprt the picture without any errors in the image convertor i look at the sprites and theyre all there, but after i save it to the narc and re import it into the rom the origonal sprite is still the same, anyone know whats going on?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Im having trouble with the sprite editor in D/P i imoprt the picture without any errors in the image convertor i look at the sprites and theyre all there, but after i save it to the narc and re import it into the rom the origonal sprite is still the same, anyone know whats going on?

I'm sure there is a tutorial for it somewhere. Try Searching Google or PC, as with all questions. this may have been answered before... I will try to find it myself.

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
i know how to do the sprite replacing its just its not working this time.

EDIT: im trying to replace arceus so i replaced his alternate formes and the sprite imported but the colors were screwed up, any ideas?

Last edited:

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
I need help with replacing the back sprite of a Pokemon. I replace it successfully, but when I play the game it freezes once the player throws the Pokeball.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I need help with replacing the back sprite of a Pokemon. I replace it successfully, but when I play the game it freezes once the player throws the Pokeball.

In my book, that's not exactly "replacing successfully". Could you describe the exact steps you did?

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
So I made a warp to a new map and the only thing I get is a black screen when I try and go through it. I've checked in Advance Map that the warps to the two places are connected, and they are. But I just can't seem to figure out how to get them to work. Can anyone help me?

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
In A-Map it's fine. I can edit it, etc.

How do I repoint the map? Is that like re-setting the entrance to the new map?

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
I'm looking for the tool for extracting a few images from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Would someone mind pointing me in the correct direction?

DisChineezBoi

graphical hacker-sucks at hex
Years
I need to make teh ho-oh in the Goldses into a Entei. By which, I mean, I need to make it so that when you encounter the Ho-oh in Tin Tower, you battle an Entei instead. Also, does anyone know of a good, sturdy GSC gym leader editor, and can point me in that direction? Tankses.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
UGH!!! I have searched high and low for this problem but I can't find it nor figuire it out, its driving me crazy!!!

I have inserted a Ash Intro sprite and Ash sprite for the trainer card...they insert fine but its the palttes. They seem to use the defaluts palettes that the sprites had before. For example I made Ash's bag green on the intro before I inserted it, it got inserted but the color was different. Being curious I opened in PS and used the color table to bring out Red's palettes and it turned out to look exactly the same as it did in game. I know it has something to do with the palettes here but I don't know what. Do I have to hex edit to add a new palette table so that the new colors I add show?

Someone please help.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
You can actually insert Ash's pallete with the new sprite, just select "import pallette" when you import the OW. Problem is, any other sprites using that pallete will also be changed.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks but not OWs, Sprites, like the ones that actually show the character. I know all about OWs and have hex edited some...thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back