• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Do you try and make the bad guys as evil as possible or do you stick to the cliched "bad guys always lose, goodies win" thing?

I'm not really for the "evil for the sake of EEEVIL"-thingy many people often have going on. I mostly write fantasy, a genre that practically requires someone very evil to try and take over the world so that the hero can save it and be a hero ever after... But I don't like doing it like that. I like to blur the line of good and evil, make my readers feel at least somewhat sorry for the bad guys, and to really show how they grew up to be like that. In my flagship-story, the antagonist is one of the most interesting and complex characters I've ever written about. I also made a short oneshot in which she's still a small child and not even remotely evil yet... But I won't tell you what made her grow so twisted!

I also like to think that there is no such thing as a purely evil person who's bad for the sake of being bad. I don't want to believe that people are evil, instead I like to think that they are stupid, insane, twisted, read other people completely wrong, or have other problems of the like. Then again, I also don't believe in redemption that overcomes everything you've done. If you do something bad, you can't just forget about the whole thing and go on with living like it never happened. People might forgive you over time, you might forgive yourself over time, but you still shouldn't completely forget about it...

These are difficult things when you think about it. I just don't happen to like the traditional black and white setting, so I prefer not to use it all too often.

By the way, the ancient Greek believed that a good story is one where everyone loses, both the good guys and the bad guys. I think that would be kind of frustrating, but anyway.

Have you ever written anything that made you cry?

Yeah, sometimes. When my grandpa died, being the first person close to me to die, I wrote a poem for him. That poem made me cry several times back then, but it doesn't have that effect on me anymore. I think it's one of the best poems I ever wrote that age, since I seem to actually understand something in it... But maybe I'm thinking about it too much, it might be just luck after all.

There are also some other texts I've written that made me cry, but I've lost them, so I can't quite recall what they were about.

Bay

Years
Do you try and make the bad guys as evil as possible or do you stick to the cliched "bad guys always lose, goodies win" thing?
For NE the bad guys are actually kind of blurred and I already mentioned why. Jacob starts out helping out the girls, but then after certain events he went against them. Lucas and Timmy were against them before, but after realizing their mistakes they try to fix them, but were a bit too late.

I don't recall crying while writing, although I almost a couple times. Can't remember which stories because it's been so long ago. XD;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I've written all of three poems in my life, one of which was a "true" poem and the other two were story-poems. I cried writing them, reciting them, and reading them... The subject? My ex-fiancee.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Not as evil as possible, but I do like a certain amount of evil. However, I wouldn't mind having a villain that is morally ambiguous, and it would almost be up to the reader to think if they were a baddie or not. As for the always lose thing, more or less. But of course that doesn't come without tribulations for the protagonist.

No, though I'd love to write something for others to cry about. XD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh dear, this is going to be embarrassing. Because everyone else who wrote something that made them cry had some sort of real relation with someone...

I did write something that made me cry. It was the wedding of my One True Pairing, which is one-hundred percent completely fictional. I put on their wedding song, got to their vows, and had to cry because it was just too much. The scene doesn't make me cry now, but fills me with a great sense of overwhelming joy.

Anyone here go to a school/high school/uni/college/whatever with a campus cop?
I'm doing a debate on whether our school should have one tomorrow, and I can find surprisingly little.
I went to both a high school and college that had campus police. They really didn't do anything, but I did go to campuses that had them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
ZOMG look who decided to drop in after... how the heck long was it?

Anyway...

Mine are so evil they convince others that they're the good guys - even going so far as to establish a church and religion to brainwash people.

My attempt for the Get-Together writing contest because I got halfway through and realized it was full of epic fail. Needless to say I scrapped the idea and unfortunately won't be entering. Now, if the prompt had been "Buick Century..."

Actually, I prefer warm, fuzzy stuff. Which begs the question:

Have you ever written anything that made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
A one-shot songfic that was based off my main fic was all about the warm and fuzzies. It's buried somewhere here, I think...

Bay

Years
Oh gawds, the ending of NE. Seriously, a mystery/suspense fic with a warm and fuzzy ending? XD; Anyways, guess reason for that is everyone settled their differences and are contend of their growth during the events in the story, so yeah. XD;

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Yeah... Especially the oneshot I wrote about my evil protagonist and her younger brother while they were still so small the boy doesn't remember any of it when he grows up. In that oneshot, they're having a christmas-like family celebration that completely overwhelms the little boy - and almost his sister, too. I wrote it as a Christmas present for my fiancee, so that might also be a part of the reason the story is so warm... Anyway.

I, too, like writing fuzzy moments the most. I like happy moments, especially in the end of the story, when everything is already overcome and usually mostly resolved. Everything is easier, it's easier to laugh and have fun, and it's also much easier to realize that you actually care for the people around you much more than you thought you did... Those kind of moments are my favourite. Then again, I also like to write the Moments of the Hero: the final powerup, the final trump card, the first time to step up, the first time to protect someone.... I read way too much manga nowadays, so maybe that has to do with it, but I just like them.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Yes, although not in my current fic (which is quite dark). It was a short story I wrote when I was eleven about a kid whose dad (a doctor) died, but then he went on to grow up and start a hospital in his dad's honour.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Lord, no. I know this bugs all of you, but once again in reference to my unwritten story of awesomeness, that's definitely a twist in the story. Well, there's not really a good guy vs. bad guy kind of thing, unless you still care about the Union and the Confederacy, but still, it's not they typical good ending. I guess a strange ending could be a villain in its own right.

e1337 made me want to love the world.

I've written a poem about my ex and cried and I've written about someone I really cared about and cried because it was for a class (however, who it was to wasn't direct, nor were they even there). I haven't really written a poem since I became a happier person. The only poetic things I come up with now are just one liners such as, "I wouldn't have to be so hesitant to knock on your doors if you hadn't have destroyed your front porch." It wasn't intended to rhyme...that just kind of happened.

I've written all of three poems in my life, one of which was a "true" poem and the other two were story-poems. I cried writing them, reciting them, and reading them... The subject? My ex-fiancee.

Come to think of it, I have a little unfinished business. My ex is supposedly starting school again (he dropped out in January) this week, and I'm ready to give a ring back. When every promise that was made on it was broken, you know it's just a bitter memento.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Come to think of it, I have a little unfinished business. My ex is supposedly starting school again (he dropped out in January) this week, and I'm ready to give a ring back. When every promise that was made on it was broken, you know it's just a bitter memento.
It's a difficult thing to go through, and you'll never entirely let go... I have the misfortune of having the ring I gave her. I demanded it back, because she "didn't deserve it anymore". After all she'd done to me, I would have let her keep it... Until she told me she was going to pawn it. At that moment I said No and asked it back. Now I have no diea what to do with it. lol

The Small Writing Contest is over! Any thoughts, feelings, or regrets now that you're free from slaving away?
I didn't think I could manage it. I started out thinking I would start, then fail halfway through... Then inspiration hit and it carried me farther than I thought into my entry, deep into the barren lands of "****. Where do I go now?"

I finally finished it, and it was written wonderfully. But I had my doubts if I had used the theme of time the right way, and certain aspects seemed rushed... So guess what? I re-wrote the second half entirely, switching out one character for another and going a completely different direction.

I'm satisfied now, and I hope the judges as well as everyone else enjoys it. =D

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
The Small Writing Contest is over! Any thoughts, feelings, or regrets now that you're free from slaving away?

Considering mine was only about 1300 words, I didn't get too flustered about it. Though I did have my trepidational (is that a word?) moments and some good ideas, but I didn't write it all in one sitting either.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I hope I sent it in time. If not, I hope Gummy would reconsider. PC was lagging on me. Also, I might blame the Time Zone Converter if it was wrong.

Please let me have sent it on time... I wrote 3000 words or more and now I'm tired. I'm glad that I finally wrote something new and broke off the writer's block shackles after soo long. I had to fight with a faulty keyboard to get through this contest.

Oddly enough, the story turned out differently from what I originally planned.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Considering mine was only about 1300 words, I didn't get too flustered about it. Though I did have my trepidational (is that a word?) moments and some good ideas, but I didn't write it all in one sitting either.
I wrote 3000 words or more and now I'm tired.
Oddly enough, the story turned out differently from what I originally planned.
My entry is 4722 words. D=

I think it's good that we went in different directions than we initially planned. Knowing where to go is important, but when it comes to writing the journey must change the writer just as much as the characters within.

Bay

Years
Again guys, don't too worry about length. Quality is what we're looking for. :) Man, now this is reminding me of the one shot contest at Serebii. XD; Why didn't I just get off my lazy butt and finish off those two reviews? ._.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023

My entry is 4722 words. D=

I think it's good that we went in different directions than we initially planned. Knowing where to go is important, but when it comes to writing the journey must change the writer just as much as the characters within.

Most definitely. Not only did I write shorter than I expected, I chose a girl as a main character, and the POV was 3rd person limited (or whatever it's called). New and interesting...

If I were to do that pov again, I'd probably describe facial expressions and movements more concisely, though I suppose that is only if such a thing were more important.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Most definitely. Not only did I write shorter than I expected, I chose a girl as a main character, and the POV was 3rd person limited (or whatever it's called). New and interesting...

If I were to do that pov again, I'd probably describe facial expressions and movements more concisely, though I suppose that is only if such a thing were more important.
I started with one character, then not even a paragraph before introducing him I changed my mind and
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Lol nice. O that's right, I also managed a bit of Pathetic fallacy... man I love that technique, even if it is overly used. XD

My favourite part was:

Spoiler:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years

I had two old men as my main characters. It was fun to write. ^_^

I started with one character, then not even a paragraph before introducing him I changed my mind and
Spoiler:

Lol nice. O that's right, I also managed a bit of Pathetic fallacy... man I love that technique, even if it is overly used. XD

My favourite part was:

Spoiler:
The big twist at the end of my fic was
Spoiler:

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Well I can see that we all chose a similar theme XD

Spoiler:

XD It would have been interesting however, if the prompt was indeed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back