• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
What's about not obeying pokemons? I trade for one and its not obeying me. In normal version it would be because lack of badges, but here i had one badge and pokemon on 18lvl dont want to obey me. So how much badge i need? Important part is this that on first gym you have about 20lvls on pokemons so i should expect them not to obey me ever?

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2014
Well Dealric actually it takes two badges and pokemon up to level 30 will obey you(In normal game, not sure about this game) If its traded pokemon over level 10 won't obey till second badge.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Razoof, I know but on this mod you are around 30lvl while fighting in second gym so the pokemon will listen to you for really short time and then again becomes useless.

Years
I have already completed beta 1 but I had one question , the game is kinda hard and not hard at the same time. Only the boss fight were screaming heavy like the battle with the 2 Kyurems in a row, that was an unecessary hard, you could've atleast gave a heal opportunity. although I like it still and can't wait for beta 2

Years
*Wakes Up* ... *Looks Around*... Oh, Hi Everyone! Miss Me? Sorry for the absence, I've been pretty busy and preoccupied. Good News though! The hack is still scheduled for the 25th of this month. But, I've had thoughts that I should release it on the 26th or 31st. Cause let's face it, all of you are gonna be distracted with your Christmas presents lol. Like other video games and all sorts of different things. So if I released it on the day after or on the last month of December, you'd probably play and appreciate it more. Last, Hinkage, Pokemon Hyetology creator, is finishing up the rest of the hack. If you've played his hack, you'd know he's skilled at hacking. So, it's in good hands while I'm busy.

Another thing I almost forgot to mention; I advise Everyone who'll be playing the final version this month to start over. It's not mandatory, but highly recommended. Since Atif re-did the mapping, I've added a new location somewhere early in the hack. The event is optional but it has information and foreshadowing events for Dark Rising 2. You'll also encounter a "Familiar Yet Surprising" character and you get to battle this person. There's also new areas in beta 2 I recently added that I've yet to show in a post with another character I'm sure you'll all be shocked to see. Let The Countdown Continue!

Oh, and alienhunterx, yes the exp share was intentional. Every starter in the wild has an exp.share.
I agree with Ash493. I would rather want to play this game instead of Hinkage's. Please don't late it more.:cross-eye

Hey i was just wondering in this hack how do you evolve shelmet and karrablast?
also do pokemon that would evolve normally through trading evolve via leveling up?
You should refer the first page where DarkRisingGirl has added docs for Pokemon locations as well as their evolution method. Lastly you should know that this website contains fan based hacks not original games so the creators will add methods to evolve those pokes which originally evolve through trading as well as through special methods.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hey (:
First of all, great rom! I like the dragon starters, and the story so far is very interesting. And I really really like the ideia to put Yami Yugi in the game. Here in pokecommunity, there is a guy that started a project of a hack rom based on Yu-Gi-Oh series, with the Millenium Itens as badges, and the card monsters as pokemons. I was waiting for this hack, but i think he abandoned the project :/ Since I´m a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, I really enjoy the idea of the apperance of Yami in this game.

So I have a question... I don´t know what to do next in the game. I just defeat Brock with Entei. Where I supossed to go now?
Thanks, and congrats, the game is awesome. (:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
60ANY.png

Also, by the time I got to Tiki Village, my Gible was level 20. Very trainer-heavy.

Oh, and you should give us pokeballs before the forest so we can catch pokemon and not have to grind to catch them up to the level of the starter

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Where do I go after defeat Brock's Entei ? I defeat them I don´t know where to go now :s
Anyone can help? thanks!

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Check your save type in the emulator menu. You must set it on Flash 128 KBytes. Also the professor gives you Pokeballs when you come back with his stuff from the station

Thanks for the help about the save stuff, but I already tried to go back to see if he has pokeballs for me, and I did the whole pokedex thing again, despite the fact that I already had gotten them...

Years
Thanks for the help about the save stuff, but I already tried to go back to see if he has pokeballs for me, and I did the whole pokedex thing again, despite the fact that I already had gotten them...
That is weird because he gives you and your Rival PokeBalls and Pokedex together so you cannot miss it

Where do I go after defeat Brock's Entei ? I defeat them I don´t know where to go now :s
Anyone can help? thanks!
Just go towards Atlantic cave that is all. You battle him at Atlantic Cape right Coz my walk through has not been their yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Just go towards Atlantic cave that is all. You battle him at Atlantic Cape right Coz my walk through has not been their yet.
Oh, I figure it out. The exit of the cave was in front of me and I didn´t saw it.. Really dumb :P I walked all the way back to the first city looking for a place to go, I didn´t saw the exit of the Atlantic Cave, thought that I was supposed to walk all the way back to the entrance.
Thanks for the help (:
This Beta goes until where?
Maybe I should wait for the new beta, since I´m at the beggining yet. Otherwise I´ll start the game, and have to restart when the second beta is released :P

Last edited:
Years
Oh, I figure it out. The exit of the cave was in front of me and I didn´t saw it.. Really dumb :P I walked all the way back to the first city looking for a place to go, I didn´t saw the exit of the Atlantic Cave, thought that I was supposed to walk all the way back to the entrance.
Thanks for the help (:
This Beta goes until where?
Maybe I should wait for the new beta, since I´m at the beggining yet. Otherwise I´ll start the game, and have to restart when the second beta is released :P
No problemo. We all fans are waiting for beta 2 which is about to be released so I suggest you to play that rather than the one you are playing.

Back