• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, I already played the hack but starting over.
Got a pretty decent starter team (Charmeleon, skorupi, elekid, vullababy and milotic) but I'm looking for the best grass type in the game.
Last time I used sceptile, but didn't really enjoy it, low defense but great speed tough.
Another problem with it is the moveset, learns leafblade at lv 40 something I think and that's a major problem for me.
So anybody has a sugestion what to use? love to ge a respond soon.
(Sorry for grammatical errors and spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

Edit: By the way, if you have any tips on what I need to change to my team please say so, also got a snorlax as my tank added and I know people are going to say change your skorupi but I wan't to get a drapion b/c it's only weakness is ground.
Grass types are generally useless so... if you are not satisfied with starter, you probably won't find any other good grass type.

Years
Decided to leave grass-types alone, really wan't a kingdra but have no clue were to catch a carvanha.
Have checked my pokedex where to catch one, and went to diffrent spots.
Used both the Super and good rod and still haven't even encountered one..
Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, caught a carvanha and got myself a kingdra.
My team so far: Vullaby, drapion, charizard, kingdra, milotic and electevire.
Okay team? only thing I need is a strong fighting type move against dark pokemon, because I believe I have a counter to evrything at the moment except dark.
Also, because my drapion is a dark pokemon, I'd like a flygon to counter elektrics, going to change it with vullaby.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
So, I got the real final release of the hack...Lets see if it works this time

[edit] Nope, actually goes black screen earlier than before, right after beating Diamond for the first time

Last edited:
Years
Hey, I already played the hack but starting over.
Got a pretty decent starter team (Charmeleon, skorupi, elekid, vullababy and milotic) but I'm looking for the best grass type in the game.
Last time I used sceptile, but didn't really enjoy it, low defense but great speed tough.
Another problem with it is the moveset, learns leafblade at lv 40 something I think and that's a major problem for me.
So anybody has a sugestion what to use? love to ge a respond soon.
(Sorry for grammatical errors and spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

Edit: By the way, if you have any tips on what I need to change to my team please say so, also got a snorlax as my tank added and I know people are going to say change your skorupi but I wan't to get a drapion b/c it's only weakness is ground.
Turtwig is a decent Grass type starter providing a secondary type at it's final evolution.

Decided to leave grass-types alone, really wan't a kingdra but have no clue were to catch a carvanha.
Any tips?

Okay team? only thing I need is a strong fighting type move against dark pokemon, because I believe I have a counter to evrything at the moment except dark.
Also, because my drapion is a dark pokemon, I'd like a flygon to counter elektrics, going to change it with vullaby.
In this case Lucario fits well, giving you a powerful hitter

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Any tips?

Get rid of Milotic as you have Kingdra and get yourself a Lucario.
And obviously get rid of Vullaby for Flygon.

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
i could raise a rufflet (trying to trade), but something got me curious. When I looked up Braviary, it's locations were in towns. is there a way to catch braviary, cause leveling up rufflet is a pain when the only source of exp is the two elite four. also, is it possible to complete the pokedex without cheating.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Just went to talk to Sophia to make her go back to Snowce gym. She leaves towards the back of mt icestorm. I go out the front of mt icestorm since it's much closer, fly to Snowce, go into gym, she's not there.

Am I going to have to go through Mt. Icestorm again to make her appear at the gym?

Edit: nvm, figured it out. It's funny that I said out loud " Is she trollin me right now?" before I found her giving me her troll laugh lol Very clever to put that in the game

I'm playing through Light Platinum for the first time, and I'm having the problem that is referenced above. I did exactly the same thing that Senju did, except that I wasn't able to find Sophia after I got back to Snowce.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
When I get to the lauren league I defeat the first gym and go to mt lauren there is a girl i verse that when she sends out her first pokemon the game freezes and starts changing screen colours and then crashes any help? if it has happened before or am i alone?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
I wonder if someone officially took over this hack to fix the bugs? Because I could post some. Like this one:
h,ttp://s14.postimg.org/zdij596lt/dghry_87.png
(without comma, sorry I can't post pictures because I still don't have 15 posts yet)
This one is Inhore City Pokemon Center.
Pokemon/Item Storage computers multiply if you try to activate them from right side of the table. I don't know if that happens in other pokemon centers too.
Edit: Also a Venipede, uhhh, gives way too much experience than it should have been (to my conversation) when you defeat them. I'm not sure if it's considered a bug. A level 18 Venipede gives more experience than a level 28 Tentacool. Speaking of Tentacools...

While at it, I wanted to make some criticisms as well. I actually find it funny how player could get their hands on Ultra Balls and a Good Rod so early in game :d That must be original maker's own style, most probably he was sick of not being able to use the higher tier items at the beginning of the game. But encountering level 28 tentacools so early in game is so unbalanced inmho. He knocked my 2 electric pokemon out before going down, lmao. Just telling my own opinions though.
Also about, locked House in Inhore City. What's about it? When will it unlock? What is inside?

Edit 2: There's a young trainer on the east side of the Nyan point. He's just the first trainer to battle after you've crossed the bridge through west. He has a typo.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm blocked in the 6th Gym and i play this HR Pokemon with Supercard Lite, help me please!!
All I can suggest is a walk through walls code to work your way back to the front. I do agree there could be a switch in the back that activates all doors, and that would be a nice idea.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I wonder if someone officially took over this hack to fix the bugs? Because I could post some. Like this one:
h,ttp://s14.postimg.org/zdij596lt/dghry_87.png
(without comma, sorry I can't post pictures because I still don't have 15 posts yet)
This one is Inhore City Pokemon Center.
Pokemon/Item Storage computers multiply if you try to activate them from right side of the table. I don't know if that happens in other pokemon centers too.
Edit: Also a Venipede, uhhh, gives way too much experience than it should have been (to my conversation) when you defeat them. I'm not sure if it's considered a bug. A level 18 Venipede gives more experience than a level 28 Tentacool. Speaking of Tentacools...
Dunno about the multiplying PCs but the Venipede is an easter egg that is made to remind the original Portuguese version.

KuroRyu

Kuro Ryu
Years
Hey I just wanted to ask you guys if it's possible to obtain a Charmander other than your starter? Because I don't have a flying type and I feel like the only pokemon I can replace is my Ninetales because it's weak, but I don't wanna be without a fire type either, so I thought about getting a charizard, but I picked Squirtle, so can you tell me if it's possible to obtain another Charmander ingame?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey I just wanted to ask you guys if it's possible to obtain a Charmander other than your starter? Because I don't have a flying type and I feel like the only pokemon I can replace is my Ninetales because it's weak, but I don't wanna be without a fire type either, so I thought about getting a charizard, but I picked Squirtle, so can you tell me if it's possible to obtain another Charmander ingame?
I don't think you can get another Kanto starter... you can get starters from other regions, though.
You can try Arcanine as your fire type.

KuroRyu

Kuro Ryu
Years
I don't think you can get another Kanto starter... you can get starters from other regions, though.
You can try Arcanine as your fire type.
Nope I wanted a dual fire/flying so I'm out of luck. charizard was the only option and I refuse to use Moltres and Ho-oh. I'll just catch some randim flying type to use Fly when I need to. thx

Back