• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashutosh Kumar

The Friend of Friends
Years
This one was the best :-
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Whoa I didn't expect so many replies! Thank you guys, it means a lot. <3 I.. definitely need to draw more. Glad I finally have a tablet that isn't painstakingly small and hard to use, haha.

And yes! The Magi character designs are amazing. I've always really been inspired by those designs but haven't done much with that yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So I'm drawing again! Can't believe how long it's been. Feelin' a little rusty but this is what I have so far:

http://i.imgur.com/BU6BtFq.png

http://i.imgur.com/GRKMjYJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/TGdzSIi.png

The last one I timed myself on to see how fast I could sketch Gengar, haha. Only took a few minutes!

Mhmm, yeah, definitely have to agree with everyone here; these artwork are amazing! Especially the first and last. If these two were colored, they'd look even more awesome. I understand that coloring could take a lot of time and all, but yeah... my point still stands. xD" I suck at drawing. Regardless of how I try, I could never make anything like those. Ever.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
A bad coloring job can ruin stuff, tbh. Especially if you're doing trad art. But janna isn't and her coloring work is top notch anyway so yeah maybe she should've done it lol

also since she's already seen this:
Spoiler:

drew for jo, my bestie. <3

Nakala Pri

I just realized how much I love that Froakie! :D *puts on sunglasses* xD

I wish I could upload photo's here since I draw a rather awesome protagonist buuuuut the camera is broken and stuff. ;-;

Last edited:

derozio

Years
Your phone probably has a camera too, right? Why not use that? I use my phone's camera to post pictures all the time. :3

Nakala Pri

Not really a use of it, since my social life is online. :3

but yeah, as soon as i get my own camera i'll totes make a gallery. ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm not even sure if this is a case for any of you but--

What do you do when you've updated several times and haven't gotten any comments? Just keep pushing and keep updating? Or what. I'm kind of in a slump because I have done a few things since but it's almost as if I'm going through of phase of 'who caaaares' and not updating anymore.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I sort of experienced this in my previous gallery, which caused me to abandon it. After I did, it immediately started receiving comments, but… I just couldn't bother responding to them, unfortunately. XD" Anyway, if your gallery's not receiving any comments, you should just keep updating it. People would do it, eventually.

Nakala Pri

i'm always flooded with requests, but when i don't i just usually post something worthless but just brings it back up to the surface. xD i dunno if i can update it everytime no one asks for an avatar. xD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I don't receive a lot of comments, but that's okay. If you're looking for more, post more in your gallery and then comment in others. Getting your name out there is the best way to do it.

I should update my gallery soon, but I'm in a creative slump right now. I'm getting out of it, but having trouble shaking it off completely.

derozio

Years
I can understand how lack of comments can make you feel dejected. Really, really well. But there's really no way out of it. Apart from, maybe, commenting in other galleries yourself and putting out content whenever you can. But things have become better recently. Most galleries do get comments. Since A&D as a whole has become much more active than before. Really happy to see that. <3;

I do not like seeing dejected artists. So I always feel like I have an obligation to post in all galleries I see - some words can mean a lot. But time. Time is such a scarce quantity that it gets in my way. :< I'll probably be able to go on a spamming posting spree after my exams are done in May.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Been planning to take requests in my gallery, but not completely sure if I should; if I get too many requests, I'm afraid of not being able to get to them all. I'm also scared that I might be rushed by others—another thing to worry about. I'll probably open up requests for some limited time and see how it goes. If I like it, though, then I may keep it that way. :P

Years
It's always really sad when you don't get a lot of comments.. I remember being crushed each time I uploaded art to dA but they ended up with one or two comments at most years back, hah. :( But like Sakazuki said, a lot of the lack of comments biz can be alleviated if people thought to comment on others' galleries rather than just awaiting replies in their own threads.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Please I can go months without getting a single comment, and update 5 - 7 times without receiving so much as a sentence. The problem is that people just want feedback, they don't want to give feedback. I do the best I can with it, and I always try to post in new galleries.. but it gets cumbersome after a while. :<

Still, A&D is buzzing, and way more active than its ever been. It's my baby and I love it no matter how much it hurts me. <33

Hey, if I ran a signature contest, who would be in? Or maybe another icontest? Thoughts? :)

Years
I was a sensitive little bunny years ago so if I got no comments I assumed my art was unloved and just hid in a hole. Thankfully that's waaaay in the past, though. ~o~

And as for contests I'm much more on board with iContest. They're a lot of fun to make and I absolutely adore them.. signatures take me a lot longer and given how picky I am I probably wouldn't ever finish, hah. Especially since I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks.

derozio

Years
I'd love to participate in both but I'll disappear for 2 months again from March 4 so I probably won't be able to. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Fairy said:
Hey, if I ran a signature contest, who would be in? Or maybe another icontest? Thoughts? :)

I'm definitely a-OK with icontest. As for signature, I probably won't be able to participate, as my access to Photoshop is very limited at the moment. Things like tags, banners, and large pieces take extremely long time to make (for me, anyway), since you have to put a lot of thought into them when creating. In addition to that, I'm lacking motivation, too, kind of. :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
hey kids. :)

awesome I'll gauge more interest and get moving on icontest #2 I'll think of a cool theme for everyone to work with honestly thinking of making it Cilan omg[s/]

Dero I'll think less of you if you don't join. Draw a damn icon bby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back