• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding more badges

Years
Hey guys. Alright, so I already know you can make all sorts of things with the Trainer card, like flipping it, etc. via scripting, but I have a question. Is it possible to implement ALL the badges (there are 40 I think?) into the game and make it appear on the trainer card, also making it, for example, 10 badges per region? Also, the badges.png only seems to contain 16 badges. Is it possible to edit it/is there already a badges.png with all the badges from all the games? Also, maybe it's possible to add new moves or something new that badges teach?
Thanks for the help in advance.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Hey guys. Alright, so I already know you can make all sorts of things with the Trainer card, like flipping it, etc. via scripting, but I have a question. Is it possible to implement ALL the badges (there are 40 I think?) into the game and make it appear on the trainer card, also making it, for example, 10 badges per region? Also, the badges.png only seems to contain 16 badges. Is it possible to edit it/is there already a badges.png with all the badges from all the games? Also, maybe it's possible to add new moves or something new that badges teach?
Thanks for the help in advance.

1: Yes you can have 40 Badges (Scripting + Image Edit + Switches)
2: Yes you can make it 10 per region (Image Edit + Scripting)
3: Yes it possible to give moves or items when badge is earned (Events)
Wiki : http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Trainer_card

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Thanks! That is indeed very helpful. Perhaps you know if a badges.png with all 40 badges exist?

You might have to edit it tho to fit were you want it to
xGRxOf2.png

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Please don't post resources without providing credits and information on how/when/where they are allowed to be used.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
To change the max number of badges, go to the Debug_Menu script section and find this piece of code:

Spoiler:

and then change the 24's to the number of Badges you want to use. In your case, it's 40, in my case, it's 64.

Here is what it looks like in the Debug Menu after editing the scripts:
Ye Stuff.PNG

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I know this page is fairly old and unused but still this is really helpful for my current Fan Game, so thank you.

Back