• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Spoiler:

Ahh, similar to the Sunset Shimmer toy appearing roughly four months before the first movie was release. A part of the Summer Masked series. It was a very interesting find, since its packaging hinted several things to play out in the first movie. Most likely these will do the same.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I remember thinking that that movie was going to be worse than the plague. Was I wrong! EQ was pretty good imo

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
[ Jericho ]

Anything that's dark + comedic is my kind of taste right there. Adding it to my read-later thing. :D

I remember when the first EQG movie was going to debut, there was soooo much hate going on around the fandom, it was so strong that many of them had ragequitted and left. Which made me sad, really, because I was one of those people who were actually looking forward to the movie, and afterwards it never disappointed me at all. I'm really happy that there's less hate this time than last time, goes to show that the majority of the fandom are now accepting maybe TOLERATING?! EQG as part of the fandom and series.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Ah yes; Equestria Girls. Theeeee... Third-? End of the fandom as proclaimed by the fandom :p ponyville is pretty accurately portrayed in "It's about time" and "Cutie Pox" as a lot of very loving helpful individuals, who are as prone to mass panic as fish are to swimming. The fandom is a lot like ponyville.

On eqg 2 - if it's as good in it's entirety as the clips have been individually so far, I'll be glad to check it out when it's in theaters :3

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I actually watched EQG a month or so ago and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. The movie felt like watching a really long episode of MLP, just without them being ponies. It was similar to when I watched MLP for the first time, I had a sort of skeptical feeling of whether or not I'll like it, but once I hit the play button, the feeling went away and I just started enjoying the movie.

Arsenic

Years
I watched it when it first came out (not in theaters of course ;3 ) I forced myself to watch it and like Arcturus said, when I actually started, it wasn't that bad. Though I was rather confused because a good chunk of the pony beginning was cut out so it didn't all make 100% sense. Only 90% : )

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Is EQG good? I'm not a big fan of humanized ponies, so I never watched it because it isn't ponies.

A lot of bronies stayed away from that movie maaaainly because they generally feared of humanized ponies. But it actually answered so many questions for season 4, and how Twilight as a princess was going to launch. I, as well as others here, do recommend watching it when you get the chance. It's still ponies, no matter what. xD

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Is EQG good? I'm not a big fan of humanized ponies, so I never watched it because it isn't ponies.

You'd be surprised, that it actually is ponies. :P No joke - it starts out full on MLP style, in Equestria, like a normal MLP Episode. Yes, Twilight does transition into the human world, but it's only after a plot is set up, and a considerable time is spent in the pony world. And then, when the human world is entered, it's still everything we love about ponies, just in human form. You've probably figured it out already, but just about every character from the MLP -verse, is in the Human world. To hilarious effect might I add; especially one scene where the human CMC use youtube, and make hilarious commentary on internet society. And it does come full circle, going back to and ending in Equestria, with ponies.

Anyways! Best way to find out about it, is to watch it for yourself :P Which you should be able to do online, if you have the money it is worth purchasing too. ^^

ZekromWhite123

COOLNESS OVER 9000, but 20% cooler
Years
Yes, EQG is a great movie, and I knew it would be great right from the start. Also Polar, you can watch it on Netflix too, the same goes for Season 4, to anyone who has not seen any episodes of season 4.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
EQG may be great to you guys, but not according to MrEnter from youtube, who basically ripped it into shreds for plot holes, forced romance, and an obvious cash grab from the Monster High franchise.

Arsenic

Years
EQG may be great to you guys, but not according to MrEnter from youtube, who basically ripped it into shreds for plot holes, forced romance, and an obvious cash grab from the Monster High franchise.

Listening to people like that is bad for your health. Youtube'rs are payed to hate. Some people have too much rage.

BTW I'm just assuming he's a youtube'r. Sounds like one

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Listening to people like that is bad for your health. Youtube'rs are payed to hate. Some people have too much rage.

BTW I'm just assuming he's a youtube'r. Sounds like one
Not all Youtube users are payed to hate; they make excellent points. Keep in mind though that MrEnter is also a fan of FiM, just like us, and does bring up good points on his "Animated Admirations" videos and "Animated Atrocities" videos. Though I do find his top 10 worst FiM episodes, for the most part, questionable, considering that a couple of them are fan favorites such as "Party For One".

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, I'd stay away from those types of videos, especially if you want to keep the happiness and the magic alive. Every time I hear about these fandom-bashers I just....*steps away from the computer and moves on with life*

So, San Diego Comic-Con is coming in a couple of weeks, and we're expecting some Season 5 goodness during that! Does anyone have any predictions for season 5? What are you expecting? Discuss!~

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I guess one of the big things in season 5 would be how Twilight handles being the princess of friendship, with the rest of the pony gang helping her out in her princess-ly duties. But other than that, I'm not entirely sure what to expect, so who knows? It is season 5 after all.

Arsenic

Years
Season 5?! I haven't even finished 4! I need to get on this!

In other news, ign gave "A Brony Tale" a good rating. Has anyone watched this doc yet? If so, thoughts?

Last edited:

ZekromWhite123

COOLNESS OVER 9000, but 20% cooler
Years
What I want to see if some more Pinkie Apple Pie based episodes in season 5. I mean, if your gonna go and have Pinkie and AJ become related, then there needs to be more than one episode about it, even if it's not the main focus, it needs some more detail, as the only time that Pinkie and AJ being related is in an episode is where it's the main focus of the episode!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So, San Diego Comic-Con is coming in a couple of weeks, and we're expecting some Season 5 goodness during that! Does anyone have any predictions for season 5? What are you expecting? Discuss!~
Here's what I'm expecting:

- Another G1 villain returns
- Fluttershy raising an alien creature, which I've mentioned back then as one of my ideal episodes
- A Cosplay Convention episode
- Sea Ponies
- Suri Polomare returns, so I could see her given a proper punishment on-screen
- Another of Pinkie Pie's siblings appearing
- Zombie episode
- Pirate episode
- Mare vs. Machine (Mane Six fighting off robotic versions of themselves)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I guess one of the big things in season 5 would be how Twilight handles being the princess of friendship, with the rest of the pony gang helping her out in her princess-ly duties. But other than that, I'm not entirely sure what to expect, so who knows? It is season 5 after all.

That's one thing I'll be sure to expect. In season 4, we were wondering how Twilight will handle being a princess. This time, we're now seeing a bit of an upgrade with her status.

AWESOME CLUB NEWS, GUYS! There is now a Club Emblem! It is currently under approval by an admin so hopefully I'll issue them to the most active club members asap!~

This is the emblem:
AhxF7kf.png

The Magic of Friendship
Have you ever wonderered what friendship could be? That's until you shared your magic with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back